Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    LOL. WebOS was extremely buggy on every devices it was on. And you will get the same answer from this forum, my pre or touchpad or veer or pixi is perfect, you should doctor your device. It's your fault.
    My Pre Plus was extremely buggy. I doctored twice. I returned it twice. But I just ended up learn how to live with the bugs. And I was so glad to change my phone to something more reliable and never looked back.
    LOL. Some people come on here and talk about "I changed phones and never looked back" thinking anyone cares. Good for you. Here's a pat on the head.

Love my Veer, sorry OP is having so many problems. Not my experience.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    if they're not looking back, how are they posting here?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Xethur and runukraine like this.
    I love my Veer. The screen does go wonky on me once in a while, perhaps every 3 weeks, but it's super easy to fix: just turn the screen off then on again. It's really the form factor that makes it so good for me. I also have to say that the sound quality via the headphones is the best I've heard on a mobile device.

I had the opportunity to use the Pre3 for a little while, and frankly, I like the Veer better. I know most people here wouldn't agree, but I think the Veer is really great.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    WebOS devices sometimes need restart to refresh any errors or bugs. When I use Veer, I ever not received any messages in a day. I received all message in same time after I restart it. So since then I have a new habit. When I want to go to bed at night, I turn off my Veer including my Pre3. At morning I turn them on again. Since then I never have serious problem. All devices works good. Slow down issue really minimal. Same with Touchpad too, If my Touchpad start to slow down and screen goes weird, I just restart it. All problem gone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    WebOS devices sometimes need restart to refresh any errors or bugs.
    That should read ALL electronic where it says webOS.

First step of trouble shooting anything electronic is to power cycle.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Xethur and sledge007 like this.
    I use "preset reset" from preware. Reboot every morning. I really don't care for the screen on this phone, but the size of the veer and the keyboard more then make up for it in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xethur View Post
    I use "preset reset" from preware. Reboot every morning. I really don't care for the screen on this phone, but the size of the veer and the keyboard more then make up for it in my opinion.
    reset is a wise move with webOS phones from my Pre experience
    the Veer is the best phone I have used including the Pre, multiple Blackberry phones (the Curve being my latest) and the IPhone
    it has an elegant design in a novel form which works very well for me
    on ATT it is a bullet & has hands down the best GPS I have used
    having used my Pre for 2 years helped with webOS, which really is an outstanding smartphone operating system
    it is not the phone for everyone, but if you like a small phone, there is none better
    Ok so your Veer is a terrible phone. How much do you want for it? PM me and I'll take it off your hands for the right price.
    (Just don't tell my wife I'm buying another WebOS product)
    BTW I LOVE my Veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    reset is a wise move with webOS phones from my Pre experience
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post

I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post

It's sad that unfortunately, software engineers, for the most part, don't seem to understand that an "always on" device shouldn't have to be power cycled. Maybe Apple's guys get it, I've only ever powered off my iTouch when it's hard locked, or when it refuses to communicate with my PC, but that turned out to be a problem that I actually needed to upgrade USB drivers on my computer for.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I love my Veer. The screen does go wonky on me once in a while, perhaps every 3 weeks, but it's super easy to fix: just turn the screen off then on again. It's really the form factor that makes it so good for me.
    Exactly my experience. Also, whenever I take out the phone I have people asking me what kind of phone that is and where they can buy it because they love the small form factor.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    My family has been running two Veers since right after launch with no major problems. One served as our wifi hotspot during a trip to China, and also took about half of the photos we got.

We had the 'media indexer' bug on one of them (too many photos maybe?), but other than that no major problems.

Also- the cool factor for my 13 year daughter is off the scale. All of her friends want one. LOL, iphone is an old person's phone to them!

OP- maybe you just have a defective phone?
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    contacted hp about my crazy veer and they said they will send me a new one.
    veer is not for every one but for me its a very good little smart phone. I for one blasted it when it first came out but after holding it, I just loved it. In fact I prefer it over the pre 3. Pre 3 is a very good phone too but webos phone just lacks major dev support.

no problems with the veer other than major dev support.
    Last edited by c_legaspi; 11/06/2011 at 12:39 AM.
    I too had highly anticipated the Veer. My Centro was feeling old and the Veer was actually smaller! Well I've "doctored" it several times and spent many hours (over 30) with HP chat and telephone support. I've reset my email a bunch of times. It's stopped backing itself up several times. And I couldn't get rid of a darn "Matrix" theme for a while. Now, it's as close to "bone-stock" as I can bear, and it actually seems to be ok. The PDF view sucks still and one shouldn't have to power-cycle anything or reset a phone on a daily basis. People seem to just accept that type of thing around here. Perhaps I should've done more research, but I've used Palm devices and phones for nearly 15 years, so I feel I've had reasonable expectations. The Veer doesn't "feel" like a Palm device at all. Physically, it's built and designed well, but I don't like webOS. My Centro's and Treo's had a high level of functionality built in. It's like the Veer has about 1/4 of the system preferences that my Centro had! There was no need to download endless patches and hang out on forums just to get them to work normally.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    With such differing experiences out there, I wonder if there are some Veer lemons that are in use. Our two overclocked veers are very stable, with the exception of the photos app which does lock up the phone after heavy use. (related to the indexing bug?)

(yes, the PDF viewing is not so great!)
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    And after 10 or so days of successful operation, my Veer just stopped backing itself up. I'm asking HP for another phone.
    doubtful that it needs to be replaced.

does it back up manually when you try the back-up app?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    doubtful that it needs to be replaced.

does it back up manually when you try the back-up app?
    No it doesn't. I've been thru this several times with hp and I'm tired of screwing around. It hasn't worked as advertised since I've owned it!
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast