1.    #1  
    When I get pictures sent to me it seems that sometimes it has the senders phone number and sometimes it just has the number 1.

I'm on 2.1.2
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    That happens on the Pre3 as well on 2.2.3. Drives me nuts.
    I hate this problem too! Every time I think it has fixed itself, I get another MMS from "1". I wasted a lot of time with at&t and hp support trying to fix it. Full erase and doctor multiple times did nothing.
    pictures that come from 1 are from someone who sent the picture to multiple contacts and didn't put you on the top of the list. I think its an att thing but I'm not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xethur View Post
    pictures that come from 1 are from someone who sent the picture to multiple contacts and didn't put you on the top of the list. I think its an att thing but I'm not sure.
    This might be one reason for the problem, but it can't be the only reason. I know that some of the pictures I receive from "1" are when I am the only recipient.

When I first experienced the problem I used my husband's phone to send pictures to my phone and they were all coming in as "1" and I was only sending them to myself. (And when I put my SIM card in my old Centro, all messages came in properly identified.) Also, my daughter sends me pictures no one else would be interested in and a good portion of them come from "1". I'll double-check with her to see if she is sending to multiple people, but I really doubt it.

If it is an at&t problem, I wish they would fix it. Do you know if any other brands of phones experience the problem or if it is only webos?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I have the same issue, i called att and so far no fix has been made.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
    Sadly there are no answers in that thread either

Did the at&t person you contacted, @9520G, tell you that it was a problem on their end? Because when I contacted them, the person told me it was a hardware problem on my phone.
    See this link for more info from AT&T: MMS from Sender "1" - AT&T Community Support

They have been made aware of the situation. Thanks to Adam (@Audemars02) for the link.
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    I posted on the thread in the at&t support forums. A community manager is looking into the issue and PMed me and others to ask more information so she can can research it further.

ETA: Someone from at&t called my voicemail asking me to call her from a different line to troubleshoot the problem. I called back and left a message. Hope this leads to a solution, but I'm skeptical. I hope it doesn't involve erasing my phone. That was a pain and didn't help. And caused me to go over my data limit because I didn't realize that all my apps were automatically downloading and didn't get connected to wifi quickly enough
    Last edited by sunnyblueskies; 11/08/2011 at 01:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I have talk to ATT customer service several times and they have tried several remedies and no fix on my phone.
    I also im having the same problem and posted on att's support page. i received a call from a support rep and he added my Pre 3 to the system, call took about 20 minutes...he told me to power cycle my phone and test the mms feature... im still receiving my MMS from "1"
    I never heard back after I left a good call back time with the rep that had contacted me. I'm going to try calling again later today. My phone is already in the system.

Looks like quite a few other people with different phones are experiencing this problem. I hope they stick with it and solve the problem.

Just yesterday my daughter sent three MMS to me all within a few minute time period. Two came properly identified, one came as "1". This problem seems so random. All the pictures she sent were to only me.