1.    #1  
    Hi Guys,
    I am facing a weird issue with Veer. right when i slide the screen for keyboard the screen goes blank. any idea what could be the problem?
    Thanks
  2.    #2  
    Tried WebOS Doctor recovery. now the phone is not starting..blank screen..no HP logo..screen seems to be powered though
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Check whether you had blocked the light sensor, at the right top corner of the screen. If you are using any screen guard, then remove it and try.
  4.    #4  
    thanks man for the info..cleaned up with wipes but the didnt help..same result
  5.    #5  
    could it be coz i inserted a non-AT&T sim? tried with and without sim same result now..complete blank screen
  6.    #6  
    sorry tech4pk..your trick worked partially now..pressed the sensor a bit...the phone started up..but when slide the keyboard out the screen goes blank again

seems like the sensor has got damaged or something..is there any way to disable the sensor?

thanks for your help
    It's an ancient topic but I have the same problem. Whenever I slide to the keypad, screen goes to a gray blank light mode. I don't think there is a problem with the light sensor. Any other ideas?
    I am facing the same problem, I redoctored the phone no help.
    Proximity sensor does not work always.
    Phone freeze for CPU leak even with 1 phone call.
    Any Update on this guys??
    Now it is totally messed up. I get the grey screen all the time. After so many tries, I can get the normal screen but it is completely annoying at the moment. I almost can't use the phone anymore.
    I believe I have the same issue here. Looks like its a physical hardware issue.

Send it into Palm...if you live in the states, it will likely be completely free, because I'm pretty sure at least most Veers will still be under full warranty.

I however, live in Australia, and it will be free to repair, but i have to ship it there and back...not free :P

Anyway, you gotta do what you gotta do right?!

And any of you that are with AT&T with your Veer, AT&T offers repairs too, so give that a shot.

Good luck!
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)