1.    #1  
    a few days ago my AT&T 4G Veer seemed to revert back to Google maps. I opened the Application and it was still bing maps but labelled as google. I restarted the phone and then It was all google. I reinstalled Maps but it was still google. What's up?
    yes there are some strange things going on with this Bing maps thing. I went to bed one bight with Bing icon and next morning had google icon with phone not being touched. I have both Bing and google working now. Seems to be all ok for now. Renamed google maps to something other than 'google maps' .
    Quote Originally Posted by dballew View Post
    yes there are some strange things going on with this Bing maps thing. I went to bed one bight with Bing icon and next morning had google icon with phone not being touched. I have both Bing and google working now. Seems to be all ok for now. Renamed google maps to something other than 'google maps' .
    Might be a dumb question from a noob - How does one "rename google maps" ? I see an "upgrade" notification when I open Google maps - which I have not clicked on yet. If I can keep both Google and Bing maps - would like to achieve that result !
    Is google maps still working for veer? As of nov 1st it stopped working for all pre and pixi phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Is google maps still working for veer? As of nov 1st it stopped working for all pre and pixi phones.
    My bad. It is not working - just said click here to get New maps application. That didn't work too well as it takes you to some website with microscopic writing (that you can't pinch and zoom). Upgraded it from Apps Catalog.

Don't like it. The screen uses half-inch at top/bottom with very little space left on the tiny Veer screen for showing the actual maps. (Google maps used to use the full screen for the map). Or maybe I don't know how to make it behave yet ... but default first experience is not good!