Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    I like talking with the slider closed but the caller on the other end complains everytime if the slider is closed. Is my phone broken?
    No, it is how it works. Me too would like to close the slider, znd me too people complain about it. Sad :/
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I like talking with the slider closed but the caller on the other end complains everytime if the slider is closed. Is my phone broken?
    I guess that happens because the mic is aside the "sym" button of the qwerty keyboard. HP should have put the mic in another position :-)
    no complaints with mine but then again i mostly put it on speakerphone.
    open slider on veer when using phone can make me heard sound clearer. If slider closed, the sound I heard somewhat like muffled.
    any way to open a space to the mic by shaving a bit off the edge of the slider? I'm tempted to do that on my Pre for the same reason.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Well wanna jump in here pre2 wise. Call cality seems to be the same both ways but I prefer it closed.
  8.    #8  
    This thread has nothing to do with the pre, pre 2, pixi, touchpad or the pre 3
    Call quality is a lot better here with slider open. It's either muffled with the slider closed or there's a lot of echo For the rest it's a great phone
  10.    #10  
    yeah, that's what I was afraid of... I love this phone but I am amazed by this situation
    interesting-

I own a pre 2, pre plus before that. Both mic's are on the screen near the notifications/gesture area.

is the mic on the keyboard in the veer?
    On the veer there seems to be only a speaker on the top side of the screen, no mic to be found anywhere at the front
    I talk loud and clear with the slider closed. Love Blue Tooth.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Always open here as the noise cancellation needs it open and I'm often in a noisy place.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    interesting-

I own a pre 2, pre plus before that. Both mic's are on the screen near the notifications/gesture area.

is the mic on the keyboard in the veer?
    You judge: Take a look at this picture:

Always keep it closed.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    mainly for ergonomics
    I had read the antennas are happier with the slider open, though I haven't noticed much of a difference
    both the Pre & the Veer have handled best for me with the slider out
    I flick it open with one hand almost always whenever I use it
    the Veer is so small with the slider in, that I am more comfortable using it with the slider out
    I have relatively small hands, btw
    I love using mine with a headset (the HP offering works quite well & are bargains) both for the telephone as well as music
    the magnetic connector is brilliant!
    It took me about 3 phone calls with the slider closed to realize that the mic was inside the keyboard. Now I flip the phone open to answer a call.
    Always open except when on bluetooth.

I prefer it closed, but both my son and husband complained of an echo when I had it closed. Strangely, my daughter always thought it sounded just fine. Just to be safe, I decided to make myself always have it open when talking.
    Never had problems open or closed, but I generally prefer the open position anyways. More natural for a slider phone... open talk, close hangup.

I've had the Veer hooked up in my car on the Touchstone to my car stereo and have it work as a speakerphone with the slider closed, no problems at all.

You know I actually miss my Veer a bit after going to the Pre 3...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast