Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By multiply
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    my veer just shutted off and i cant turn it on...

it was fully charged, took it off the touchstone and used it for 2 hrs, then it suddenly crashed to 5% and turned itself off...

now when i turn it on, the "pls charge" icon just appear then the phone turn off...

charging it allow me to turn the phone on again but it get very hot and the battery level does rise normally...

i think my veer is not reading the battery level properly.

help, any1 encountered this issue and got a solution?
    hlbice likes this.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    download Dr. Battery and recalibrate the battery.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pk1234 View Post
    download Dr. Battery and recalibrate the battery.
    unfortunately, dr battery only reads the value but does not do calibration on the veer...

but i think my veer's battery problem is exactly wat dr battery is meant to fix : the phone not reading the proper battery level...

im gonna put in on the touchstone and see if it ever reach 100%...either that or it explodes and burns my house down.
    Buy a new battery like I did. They are cheap.
    This just happened with my Pre 3, although it was after only 20 minutes. After fully charging again it was fine.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    This happened on a brand New HP pre3 after I installed PreWare. I doctored it, and left it stock, and it hasn't happened since.

I started a thread on the problem here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...rain-pre3.html
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    thanks to all that helped me...

the battery dropped to 0% seems to have resolved itself. i left it on the touchstone and ignored my own worries that it might get too hot, but after about 30mins, the battery musta calibrated itself and jumped to full from about 9%.

the problem havent surfaced since...

on a diff note, some1 wrote that they brought a spare batt for the veer, where did u get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Buy a new battery like I did. They are cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by multiply View Post
    ... on a diff note, some1 wrote that they brought a spare batt for the veer, where did u get it?
    Yes, I am curious, too! First of all, how does one open the phone and replace the battery? Are there instructions posted anywhere?

Thanks, Robert.
    can ppl having seen this problem please check you Health with dr.battery and report here if its below 95%?
    EDIT: Please also run the webOS battery check:
    Device Info-> Tests->Interactive test-> Power-> Battery
    (don't know the exact wording since I have a german version)
    Last edited by somline; 11/07/2011 at 11:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    can ppl having seen this problem please check you Health with dr.battery and report here if its below 95%?
    EDIT: Please also run the webOS battery check:
    Device Info-> Tests->Interactive test-> Power-> Battery
    (don't know the exact wording since I have a german version)
    i dont have this batt problem now...

but when i started this thread, i used dr battery like a user recommended, it cant make changes but it can read the battery.

i rem it says my battery is good and it reads the correct charge in it, just that webos reads it wrongly as 0%...
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I had this happen this weekend, except that even though the battery read 0%, it still ran for another 9 hours. I ended up getting a new battery anyway though, I suspect when the battery has a bad cell it's voltage discharge curve gets messed up and so does the battery indicator.

(PS check your battery, mine was starting to bulge)
    i rem it says my battery is good and it reads the correct charge in it, just that webos reads it wrongly as 0%...
    This is very interesting. Thanks for feedback.
    Means it's not the battery chip but software (probably powerd).
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    so...where did u guys buy the extra battery for the veer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbox View Post
    ...I ended up getting a new battery anyway though, ...
    so...where did u guys buy the extra battery for the veer?
    Exactly: where did you? And how did you open the phone to change it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbox View Post
    I had this happen this weekend, except that even though the battery read 0%, it still ran for another 9 hours. I ended up getting a new battery anyway though, I suspect when the battery has a bad cell it's voltage discharge curve gets messed up and so does the battery indicator.

(PS check your battery, mine was starting to bulge)
    Where did you get another battery and how did you replace it?
    I have 2 veers. Black and White.

The white one has not been being used.

Now the black one we been using. one night i decide to test out the headphone plugin thing.

i was listening to music for a bit, and then turned off the phone. I left the headset pluged in.

The next morning the phone was hot and the battery was dead.

when i charged it.. it gave me a question mark for the battery... so i took out the battery and put back on... it showed the charing sign for like 20seconds then back to question mark.

so I took the battery from the white veer and put on the black one. it turned on just fine excep the it was lagging pretty bad so i reset it and it turned on again just fine with no lag. but then i noticed it was getting hot!

and i started to look at the battery life... it literalyl went friom 82% to 76% whitin 5mins. so i turned it off in fear i would kill the battery.

ive been trying to charge the original battery on the white phone but it doesnt even give me the qyestion mark. it just goes on and off and on and off.

please any help would be appreciated.