Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    I thought some of the guys who had 2.2.3 were working on getting the files to us?
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I thought some of the guys who had 2.2.3 were working on getting the files to us?
    I'm happy to work with anyone to try and get a backup from their 2.2.3 device, but so far nobody with 2.2.3 contacted me
    How did this Palm guy update the Veer to 2.2.3? Did he buy from Palm with already 2.2.3 installed (employees only)? Could it be he went to a special Palm website from the Veer, and then installed 2.2.3? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rperalta View Post
    How did this Palm guy update the Veer to 2.2.3? Did he buy from Palm with already 2.2.3 installed (employees only)? Could it be he went to a special Palm website from the Veer, and then installed 2.2.3? Thanks!
    Palm employees working on webOS have access to many things that the general public does not have access to. All of which will be covered by their employment NDA.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Sadly the treocentral vibe is disappearing, back in the day, this would have been extracted and cooked within hours...
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

I thought the other dude was doing it - I am downloading Ubuntu right now - I don't know anything about linux but I will give it a shot.
    WinampLlama and dbmgreen like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by tEhLoNeR View Post
    that would really suck for the guy who buys it

wonder how that guy manages to update that many veers at work, must be hard updating them without a doctor
    Actually it could be faster without a doctor

(just sayin')
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    thanks Smitt. You will be ib the veer hall of fame
    Last edited by stu5797; 11/09/2011 at 06:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by msmitt View Post
    I thought the other dude was doing it - I am downloading Ubuntu right now - I don't know anything about linux but I will give it a shot.
    Really Really like this idea. Just wondering where I might go looking for something like this when it happens? ie: without breaking any forum rules. Maybey nuttybunny could give us a clue??

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Really Really like this idea. Just wondering where I might go looking for something like this when it happens? ie: without breaking any forum rules. Maybey nuttybunny could give us a clue??
    Nah, just look at my blog and Pixi thread and figure it out, I don't want to get in trouble (that time it was because the Pixi was already dead)

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    having trouble with wireless wrapper for ubuntu - I dont have a wired internet connection for my laptop - still working on it. Could I just copy all of the root directories off of the phone in usb mode and zip and email them instead?
    I wish I knew the answer! Anyone able to help you?
    having trouble with wireless wrapper for ubuntu - I dont have a wired internet connection for my laptop - still working on it. Could I just copy all of the root directories off of the phone in usb mode and zip and email them instead?
    Someone should really be helping you move right along with this. I wish I knew you should check the other guy's blog about the pixi.
    I think you need the metadoctor files from the .git file so you'll need an internet connection within linux. If wireless is being a pain, you could try installing Ubuntu/linux in a VM on top of windows. Basically, it runs in a window just like any other program in windows instead of having to dual boot into it and it uses your active internet connection in windows so you don't have to worry about not having drivers or what not. Just download VMWare Player and then set up a virtual machine using the ubuntu iso.
    how is it going? Did we get some action?

Just run the meta doctor backup target, then copy the saved files to a directory in your computer, Ubuntu can detect your partitions and save to a NTFS one if you need it to. You could copy the files to a usb drive as well.

It's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Just run the meta doctor backup target, then copy the saved files to a directory in your computer, Ubuntu can detect your partitions and save to a NTFS one if you need it to. You could copy the files to a usb drive as well.

It's not that hard.
    Ok, resolved internet issues. I was reading the old thread about the pixi and it talked about cygwin, etc. Can I get a new step by step process using Ubuntu that I can folllow later when I get home from work?
    Ok, resolved internet issues. I was reading the old thread about the pixi and it talked about cygwin, etc. Can I get a new step by step process using Ubuntu that I can folllow later when I get home from work?
    the commands are the same, you should have installed build-essential (which should install "make"). The other things are standard stuff (zip).

if someone does not know linux I think those directions can be very confusing. I know I would have a difficult time.
    Hello from italy! i'm following this thread and i wanna help msmitt...
    if u are trying to backing up your veer with This pixi backup guide ,

you DON'T NEED TO INSTALL UBUNTU!

Just follow the instructions on your windows OS and you're done! Install JAVA JRE SDK then follow that guide!

p.s.: ah the second point, when the guide asks you to install novacom drivers, select the last veer WR doctor

Edit: ADDED MODIFIED INSTRUCTIONS FOR VEER
    Code:
    * Install java if you don't have it>>DOWNLOAD FROM HERE
    * Install the novacom driver, using Jason's Universal novacom installer (it will ask you to download a webos doctor file, you could select the 2.1.1 wr for veer).
    * Install the Palm SDK from here
    * Copy the file C:\Program Files\Palm\SDK\bin\novacom.exe to C:\windows
    * Install Cygwin on your machine, follow this pdf guide
    * Run the "Cygwin bash shell" from your windows program menu (It should be inside Cygwin)
    * Inside the shell window type the following:

git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git

when it gives "done", type:
    cd meta-doctor (PRESS ENTER)

mkdir downloads (PRESS ENTER)

Get this file, it's a webos doctor for a no-brand Veer (wr), it should work for this as we only need one file to boot the Veer, save it in C:\cygwin\home\yourusername\meta-doctor\downloads, rename it to webosdoctorp160unawr-2.1.1.jar

Plug in your Veer (charge mode) and type:

make DEVICE=veer CARRIER=wr memboot backup   (PRESS ENTER)

You will get the uncompressing messages, then your Veer will reboot to enter a recovery mode, then you should get some unmounting messages, followed by Cloning messages, and at last some mounting messages. After that your Pixi should reboot again

This should be more than enough.

There will be a directory inside the clones directory, there's the place where the backup will be.
    Wish this can be helpful. I changed all links and references for veer!!!
    Last edited by Max Biaggi; 11/09/2011 at 08:25 AM.
Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast