Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464697071727374
Results 1,461 to 1,474 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    @1whocs : did you try this one WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer ?
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Hey guys...I have updated my veer to webos 2.2.4...now which patch do I need to prevent restart while on call. Really like weos 2.2.4...herrie and all the other people that contributed to this...a big thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneill View Post
    This time I tried to patch CallSynergizer.jsjsjs $to$ $start$ $a$ &$quot$;$fake$&$quot$; $activity$ $during$ $call$ $that$ $should$ $prevent$ $activitymanager$ $to$ $go$ $idle$. $I$'$m$ $not$ $sure$ $that$ $the$ $reset$ $problem$ $is$ $due$ $to$ $system$ $going$ $idle$, $but$ $taking$ $a$ $look$ $closer$ $at$ $Herrie$'$s$ $log$, $and$ $my$ $log$, $comparing$ $it$ $to$ $a$ $successful$ $call$ $log$, $I$ $see$ $something$ $strange$ $with$ $the$ $system$ $going$ $idle$ $very$ $early$ $during$ $the$ $call$ $when$ $a$ $reset$ $occurs$. $This$ $seems$ $to$ $be$ $consistent$ $with$ $the$ $fact$ $that$ $once$ $the$ $proximity$ $sensor$ $is$ $disabled$, $keeping$ $the$ $screen$ $ON$ $allows$ $to$ $avoid$ $the$ $reset$.

You can have a try with attached file, install the patch as usual with webosquickinstall, you can take a look inside to see what it does, it's very simple.

With the patch, had no reboot today, let's see how it goes tomorrow.

Pre-requisite for patch installation : veer with webos 2.2.4 with original (unpatched) phone app version.
    I have an hp veer at&t with 2.2.4 and I use it in Italy with h3g sim. I applied the patch but the shutdown problem persists. What can I do?

Thanks,
    Mario
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    dp
    Last edited by Synomenon; 09/28/2013 at 10:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Installed 2.2.4 on my Veer. Anyone have direct links to the patches I need to install after installing 2.2.4?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgiammarco View Post
    I have an hp veer at&t with 2.2.4 and I use it in Italy with h3g sim. I applied the patch but the shutdown problem persists. What can I do?

Thanks,
    Mario
    Doctor it again or make a supered doctor.
    My veer shuts down consistently when I'm on a call and receive a text message. I have my notifications set to every 5 minutes. Within seconds after hearing the second alert that I have a text message, the phone shuts off.
    Hi Herrie,

Both my 2 veers which have been sitting in drawers for the past year have problems reading SIMS--I wanted to lend them to a friend going to Italy, rats.
    I think you and I put 2.2.4 on them as one of the handful of the first beta tests several years ago.

So I bought a used veer that is coming tomorrow for my friend. I am not sure what version of the o/s it will have.
    I assume if it is 2.2.3, that will be ok for him without any patches unless he gets a shutdown on a call when receiving a text message (I will test this out for him), is that right?

If I am unlucky and the Veer comes with 2.2.2, is there now a webOS doctor that can simply be applied?
    I looked at your blog and checked several of the mirrors and could not find a working copy. I also found a thread by john steffes but that doctor has problems so your doctor is preferred, yes?

Thanks!

Grr, trying to do a favor for my friend and gets so complicated.
    Just try all the links on the blog. There's usually a couple that work if none work let me know and I'll create some new mirrors :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Got it, Herrie you are the best!

I got him the tmobile simple plan which allows free text and data when roaming in certain countries outside the US, including italy.
    Can he just use Skype free in italy to call to US VOIP by selecting it in the phone preferences dialer? Or does he need to buy a plan through Skype or set up a Skype account?
    i just gave the veer to my friend (he is not using Skype so no need to answer that question) but I noticed when I put his AOL account on the veer the battery went down 30% in an hour and a half. Is that normal? Is there something I need to do (besides lend him my spare battery pack)?
    You might want to reduce the frequency of checking for emails to once every 15 or 30 minutes? You can do this in the email account settings.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    thanks. Veer battery now back to normal. I panicked but I think the reason why it used up so much data the other day was that I was setting up the accounts and it was doing the initial sync.
    You guys (Herrie!) are the best! Veer worked like a champ for my friend in Italy--he called it a lifesaver. Got him the tmobile sim.
    (vzw iPhone remained turned off in his pocket)

I have put it on account freeze until late August when I go to Germany,