webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
Like Tree144Likes

Old 12/01/2012, 12:44 AM   #1441 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
OK, any volunteers to try attached patch? I didn't test it yet myself to be honest, but should do the trick

This should disable the proximity sensor completely. Every time it tries to enable it it will actually disable it. When it's enabled already, it will disable it too
How can one use the patch if, as I'm told "AUSMT is missing"? I am hoping to clear up an issue of screen lock during call resulting from cracked glass across the proximity sensor, and this would be the solution I've been praying for.
Thanks for your thoughts/instructions.
Cam
cjriedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2012, 08:12 AM   #1442 (permalink)

Could any of you that have worked on this throughout put together a summary post that links to all the important posts/files as well as the proper search "phrase" to locate certain files that are needed for this upgrade?

This thread has gotten so long I don't trust that I'd be able to find all the critical information, files, patches, proper search "phrase", etc... to do this correctly without a proper summary post.

I was one of those unfortunate few that had a Veer brick on A6 update, and now that my Veer is out of warranty I want to make sure I get it right this time as I plan to keep my Veer for quite some time (even have a spare official Veer Palm brand battery when this one goes)
Paralel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2012, 09:19 AM   #1443 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralel View Post
Could any of you that have worked on this throughout put together a summary post that links to all the important posts/files as well as the proper search "phrase" to locate certain files that are needed for this upgrade?
Everything you need for upgrade is here herrie82 | HP Veer webOS 2.2.3/2.2.4 update
michel_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2012, 11:47 AM   #1444 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
Everything you need for upgrade is here herrie82 | HP Veer webOS 2.2.3/2.2.4 update
Does this include the new script for preventing call reboots?
Paralel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2012, 12:20 PM   #1445 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralel View Post
Does this include the new script for preventing call reboots?
No, but you can find this patch on the previous page and put it over Preware to your Veer ...

WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
Old 12/04/2012, 11:21 AM   #1446 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Is this patch something we can put into preware? I don't have a Veer anymore, but when I did I always wanted to run 2.2.4 without reboots.

Last edited by m0ngr31; 12/04/2012 at 11:38 AM.
m0ngr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2012, 02:16 PM   #1447 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
Is this patch something we can put into preware? I don't have a Veer anymore, but when I did I always wanted to run 2.2.4 without reboots.
Yes, that's the objective, but I need some more feedbacks to make sure the patch is reliable before publishing anything.
TheOneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/2012, 01:21 AM   #1448 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneill View Post
Yes, that's the objective, but I need some more feedbacks to make sure the patch is reliable before publishing anything.
I am going to try and install it. Can I sideload it using WebOS QI?
cjriedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/2012, 04:03 AM   #1449 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjriedel View Post
I am going to try and install it. Can I sideload it using WebOS QI?
Yes, you can!

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
Old 12/22/2012, 06:07 PM   #1450 (permalink)

I think the files are a hidden secrect only like 7 people from this thread know where they are..

C'on!! zillions of host sites out there!

P l e a s e... someone put up the files where normal citizens can have access to it so they can put this thread/tutorial into use!

Thank you.
i978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2012, 01:33 AM   #1451 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Please send me a PM and I can send you the links :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 01/04/2013, 08:36 AM   #1452 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
Please send me a PM and I can send you the links :-)

I would appreciate those links, too. (For the Veer of my SO). Thank you for all the hard work, donation made!

Edit: After checking out your site, I guess I'd rather wait for the 2.2.4 doc to come out. Thank you again.

Last edited by uwer; 01/04/2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: See above
uwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2013, 06:31 PM   #1453 (permalink)

Has anyone tried making a phone call using a wired headset? As soon as the call is dialed I get a very noticeable 'whooshing' noise on the line, that the other party on the call can also hear. The microphone also seems extremely sensitive to being moved around and makes a lot of noise when this happens. Anybody else have the same experience? Is this something the dreaded A6 update could fix?
trwrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2013, 12:23 AM   #1454 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

A6 is battery only as far as I know... There are some sound issues with 2.2.4 but mainly the non proper stereo with wired headset as far as I know. I didn't use a wired headset in ages so I'm not really sure to be honest...

Thanked By: Aliksir
Old 01/08/2013, 09:57 PM   #1455 (permalink)

Quote:
I've tried this patch for several weeks, no reboot. Seems to be good for me.

There were few occasions that I connected the call but one side couldn't hear the other side. Not sure if it's relevant to this patch but that haven't happened before.
chenkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2013, 05:44 PM   #1456 (permalink)

Yes, sometimes I've got this problem too. Maybe it is a side effect of the patch but I'm not messing with media object so I don't think so, there is probably something else to patch, I'll try to look at the logs when this happens.
TheOneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/2013, 08:51 AM   #1457 (permalink)

My veer just turn off itself today after a call, or in a call, I'm not sure since I was about to finish the call and my friend in the other end might hang it up, or not. That's the first time since I installed TheOneill's patch.
chenkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/2013, 09:17 AM   #1458 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenkl View Post
My veer just turn off itself today after a call, or in a call, I'm not sure since I was about to finish the call and my friend in the other end might hang it up, or not. That's the first time since I installed TheOneill's patch.
Yes, i have the same issue from time to time with installed reboot fix patch.
Old 01/25/2013, 05:26 PM   #1459 (permalink)

Hi all,

The links on Herrie's blog don't seem to work anymore. I can't find the 2.2.4 backup file anywhere.

Anyone have a link?

thanks!!
Bill Stahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/15/2013, 07:07 AM   #1460 (permalink)

Quote:
This time I tried to patch CallSynergizer.js to start a "fake" activity during call that should prevent activitymanager to go idle. I'm not sure that the reset problem is due to system going idle, but taking a look closer at Herrie's log, and my log, comparing it to a successful call log, I see something strange with the system going idle very early during the call when a reset occurs. This seems to be consistent with the fact that once the proximity sensor is disabled, keeping the screen ON allows to avoid the reset.

You can have a try with attached file, install the patch as usual with webosquickinstall, you can take a look inside to see what it does, it's very simple.

With the patch, had no reboot today, let's see how it goes tomorrow.

Pre-requisite for patch installation : veer with webos 2.2.4 with original (unpatched) phone app version.
I get an error installing on the phone, (something like 'patch is garbage... Ends in the middle of the line...). Is this because I have to install via Quick Install, or a problem wit the download? Thanks
1whocs is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0