webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
Like Tree144Likes

Old 11/17/2012, 08:35 AM   #1421 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
@Herrie

could you please explain that proximity.patch exactly do and which problems it should solve?
Hello Michel, it is a testing patch : it disables screen auto off trigerred by proximity sensor, while using the phone app as it seems to be the root cause of in call reset. Testing it on my veer, I noticed that I had no longer in call resets, so it seems to solve the reset issue, but maybe we can investigate a bit more to try and understand why the proximity sensor use, or the screen off at the beginning of the call, causes resets.
TheOneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2012, 11:01 AM   #1422 (permalink)

Having successufully tested Herrie's patch, I think the problem comes from something subsequent to screen off trigerred by the proximity sensor conflicting maybe with something the phone app is doing at the very beginning of the call. So I have another patch to propose : it simply disables the label visible while making calls displaying "Connecting" then the duration of the call. Surprisingly, having installed that patch on my 2.2.4 Veer, I haven't had a single reboot so far. Just had one reboot testing another contact !

I attach it to my post if someone wants to test it. If you installed Herrie's patch, uninstall it, as it is another attempt to solve the same issue, and as the first patch seems to solve it too (but disables proximity sensor), if we want to make sure it is linked to the label, my patch must be used without the other one.

I removed the attachment as this patch does not help.
I've another idea, I'll test today and post the patch if it seems to work for me.

Thanks !

Last edited by TheOneill; 11/18/2012 at 01:26 AM.
Old 11/17/2012, 11:03 AM   #1423 (permalink)

That will be awesome if you guys have solved this, I'll finally be able to update to 2.2.4
Paralel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2012, 03:26 PM   #1424 (permalink)

If the patches don't work out, this guy replaced the 2.2.4 phone app with the 2.1.2 phone app. Anyone known if it worked out for him?
Veer WebOS 2.2.4 Bluetooth Problems

Ben
benh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 11:12 AM   #1425 (permalink)

I tried what you suggested Ben (replacing 2.2.4 phone app by the one is 2.1.2), no reboot so far, need some testing but it seems to be a good option.

Thanks !
Old 11/18/2012, 11:27 AM   #1426 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneill View Post
I tried what you suggested Ben (replacing 2.2.4 phone app by the one is 2.1.2), no reboot so far, need some testing but it seems to be a good option.

Thanks !
The issue's I would be worried about, Skype, Phone Diag's, Other apps reliant on webOS 2.2.4 version...

One could also use the Veer webOS 2.2.3 Phone app if that works better?

As my Veer is not used as a phone, I do not have these issues, but I also have the Phone App from Pre2 (super Veer script)...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2012, 04:28 PM   #1427 (permalink)

This time I tried to patch CallSynergizer.js to start a "fake" activity during call that should prevent activitymanager to go idle. I'm not sure that the reset problem is due to system going idle, but taking a look closer at Herrie's log, and my log, comparing it to a successful call log, I see something strange with the system going idle very early during the call when a reset occurs. This seems to be consistent with the fact that once the proximity sensor is disabled, keeping the screen ON allows to avoid the reset.

You can have a try with attached file, install the patch as usual with webosquickinstall, you can take a look inside to see what it does, it's very simple.

With the patch, had no reboot today, let's see how it goes tomorrow.

Pre-requisite for patch installation : veer with webos 2.2.4 with original (unpatched) phone app version.
Attached Files
File Type: patch reboot_veer_test_act.patch (2.4 KB, 159 views) Email Attachment
Old 11/20/2012, 05:21 AM   #1428 (permalink)

Well, i just found out, that favorite contacts result rebooting of veer on calling. So just try to remove all contacts from favorite list
michel_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2012, 04:48 PM   #1429 (permalink)

Unfortunately, I did not use any favorite contact but had reboot on outgoing calls. Resets are probably more likely to happen calling a favorite contact but I doubt it is the root cause.

I've been running today with the activity patch, no reboot so far. I tried to call in different places, different contacts but one day in not enough to make sure iy is stable. anyone else tried that ?
Old 11/20/2012, 05:13 PM   #1430 (permalink)

@TheOneill

im trying it and will report ...
Old 11/24/2012, 04:45 AM   #1431 (permalink)

Been testing for 6 days now, no reboot so far, it looks promising !
Old 11/24/2012, 09:15 AM   #1432 (permalink)

Quote:
Been testing for 6 days now, no reboot so far, it looks promising !
Confirmed! No problems so far ...
Old 11/28/2012, 05:01 AM   #1433 (permalink)

Hi guys, good to see that there might be a solution for our problem. Thanks in advance, TheOneill.
I have myself not been able to test the patch as I getting this error when trying to install:

Patch installation failed
2 out of 6 hunks FAILED - - saving the rejects to........

I'm using a Veer with the 2.2.4 superscript of John Steffes, so might that be the problem? Due to not being the the original phone app version of the Veer I mean. The phone app is unpatched as required.
Any ideas?
DRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2012, 06:55 AM   #1434 (permalink)

Hi,

yes : that may be due to the superscript. The patch is very simple to do, there is only one file to modify, two lines to add. Could you get CallSynergizer.js via webosquickinstall and send it to me so that I patch it ? Otherwise you can open my patch in np++ to see what's in it and patch it manually.

CallSynergizer.js is located here : /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/source/CallSynergizer.js

Lionel
Old 11/28/2012, 07:32 AM   #1435 (permalink)

Thanks for willing to do that. It may come in handy for other users of the superscript as well. Here is CallSynergizer.js
Attached Files
File Type: zip CallSynergizer.js.zip (12.5 KB, 17 views) Email Attachment
Old 11/28/2012, 10:43 AM   #1436 (permalink)

Quote:
Pre-requisite for patch installation : veer with webos 2.2.4 with original (unpatched) phone app version.
thanks, but conflict with "advanced system prefs - phone prefs": org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs

patching file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/source/CallSynergizer.js
Hunk #1 succeeded at 50 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 298 (offset 80 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 335 (offset 80 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 1064 (offset 138 lines).
Hunk #5 succeeded at 1067 (offset 138 lines).
Hunk #6 FAILED at 1447.
1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/source/CallSynergizer.js.rej

can you make a patch that works after "advanced system prefs - phone prefs"? or even adjust the #6 hunk so it avoid the conflict to works both before and after the advanced patch
moo.tinys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2012, 12:51 PM   #1437 (permalink)

@moo.tinys : yes I can try that. Could you send me your patched file CallSynergizer.js ?
Old 11/28/2012, 02:31 PM   #1438 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRS10 View Post
Thanks for willing to do that. It may come in handy for other users of the superscript as well. Here is CallSynergizer.js
@DRS10 Could you try the attached patch ? It should be OK, the previous one was also modifying something that was already modified by the superperscript (a difference between PRE2 and VEER 2.2.4 in this file).
Attached Files
File Type: patch reboot_veer_test_act_superscript.patch (1.5 KB, 115 views) Email Attachment
Old 11/28/2012, 03:34 PM   #1439 (permalink)

Quote:
@DRS10 Could you try the attached patch ? It should be OK, the previous one was also modifying something that was already modified by the superperscript (a difference between PRE2 and VEER 2.2.4 in this file).
Yes, that worked! I'll report my findings. Thanks again.
Old 11/30/2012, 12:28 AM   #1440 (permalink)

Quote:
this patch works for my version of veer 2.2.4 correctly
moo.tinys is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0