webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
Like Tree144Likes

Old 07/24/2012, 12:57 PM   #1401 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

It's "PmA6Updater"! Please make sure to use the right capitals!
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2012, 04:15 PM   #1402 (permalink)

Herrie,

Is it possible CreateMirror.com is down now? I can't seem to find any good links with the 2.2.3/.4 file.

Thanks.

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
kryptonite_2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2012, 12:13 PM   #1403 (permalink)

For anyone using either Herrie's scripts or the doctor from John Steffes and are having the reboot problem. I seem to think that it's actually coming from the distance sensor (when you put the phone close to your ear). In my experience I get tons of reboots if I put the phone to my ear, but haven't had a single reboot if I'm using bluetooth headset or the speaker phone. One thing to try out, but I haven't tried it yet, is to lock the phone before putting it to your ear, which is not ideal but which might not trigger the reboot.

Do let me know if this helps anyone as it will help us find a solution to the problem. Thanks!
Old 09/10/2012, 12:15 PM   #1404 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite_2448 View Post
Herrie,

Is it possible CreateMirror.com is down now? I can't seem to find any good links with the 2.2.3/.4 file.

Thanks.
Tried downloading it yesterday and it was ok. Are you still having issues? PM me and I can send you the correct links.
Old 11/09/2012, 10:47 AM   #1405 (permalink)

Hello,
I have a problem, I have followed herrie82 procedure to update my Veer.

Probably I have made a mistake: I have finished upgrade (without modem) but I have done an hard reset and now I have no data connection. So I am stuck in option1, how can I go in option2 considering that phone is not in debug mode?
Thanks!!

Mario
mgiammarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2012, 12:02 PM   #1406 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefm247 View Post
For anyone using either Herrie's scripts or the doctor from John Steffes and are having the reboot problem. I seem to think that it's actually coming from the distance sensor (when you put the phone close to your ear). In my experience I get tons of reboots if I put the phone to my ear, but haven't had a single reboot if I'm using bluetooth headset or the speaker phone. One thing to try out, but I haven't tried it yet, is to lock the phone before putting it to your ear, which is not ideal but which might not trigger the reboot.

Do let me know if this helps anyone as it will help us find a solution to the problem. Thanks!
I had 2.2.4 running on my veer perfectly for sometime but then i had to redoctor it to 2.1.2 due to some reasons.
Recently I redoctored my veer almost 4 times with 2.2.4 in last month and it works for a few days, all of a sudden it will reboot and then erase everything.

Has anyone else seen this issue?
devil.insulted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2012, 12:38 PM   #1407 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I have been running 2.2.4 since December last year without these issues.
Old 11/11/2012, 12:38 PM   #1408 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
I had 2.2.4 running on my veer perfectly for sometime but then i had to redoctor it to 2.1.2 due to some reasons.
Recently I redoctored my veer almost 4 times with 2.2.4 in last month and it works for a few days, all of a sudden it will reboot and then erase everything.

Has anyone else seen this issue?
My Veer has been on webOS 2.2.4, sense the testing on the Doctor process with the included A6, TouchPanel, and Modem firmware (about three months), never had a reboot with erase, although I am WiFi only (no SIM), is connect to a profile... Grab the messages log and post...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 08:34 AM   #1409 (permalink)

Thanks for the update, Even i had it working for a few months before i redoctered it to 2.1.2 and since then no luck.
I love my veer, but I think its time to say adios.
devil.insulted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 05:34 PM   #1410 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefm247 View Post

Did someone else notice that ? It seems to be interesting, if the proximity sensor causes the reboots, we can try and patch the phone application.
TheOneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 07:29 PM   #1411 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneill View Post
Did someone else notice that ? It seems to be interesting, if the proximity sensor causes the reboots, we can try and patch the phone application.
Yep had that problem, removed my screen protector, and it went away?? Go figure

dbmgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 09:53 PM   #1412 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
Yep had that problem, removed my screen protector, and it went away?? Go figure
That's interesting indeed. I must say I have had a lot less reboots lately anyway!

Could be coincidence (maybe network equipment updates around here?), but they seem to get less.

Interesting if it would indeed be caused by the proximity sensor. I should be quite straight forward to patch the phone app so it ignores the proximity sensor

I'll have a look into the phone app source code to see if I can find the proximity sensor code bits somewhere....
Old 11/14/2012, 02:49 AM   #1413 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
That's interesting indeed. I must say I have had a lot less reboots lately anyway!

Could be coincidence (maybe network equipment updates around here?), but they seem to get less.

Interesting if it would indeed be caused by the proximity sensor. I should be quite straight forward to patch the phone app so it ignores the proximity sensor

I'll have a look into the phone app source code to see if I can find the proximity sensor code bits somewhere....
In my case the reboots stopped for a long while, as in months but then came back eventually. In an different form though. It happens now and then after accepting a call: after some seconds it hangs up by saying 'call from...rejected'!!
It always happen when I place the phone to my ear, so the proximity sensor is indeed very likely to cause that. So no reboots anymore just rejecting a call after answering it.
DRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 04:29 AM   #1414 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

OK, any volunteers to try attached patch? I didn't test it yet myself to be honest, but should do the trick

This should disable the proximity sensor completely. Every time it tries to enable it it will actually disable it. When it's enabled already, it will disable it too
Attached Files
File Type: patch proximity.patch (1.3 KB, 15 views) Email Attachment
Old 11/14/2012, 03:49 PM   #1415 (permalink)

Thanks for this patch Herrie, I successfully installed it on my 2.2.4 Veer that I had put aside because of reset problems. I will test how it works without proximity sensor and give my feedback here.

Lionel
Old 11/14/2012, 04:01 PM   #1416 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Thanks for this patch Herrie, I successfully installed it on my 2.2.4 Veer that I had put aside because of reset problems. I will test how it works without proximity sensor and give my feedback here.

Lionel
Great loking forward to the test results!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 11/16/2012, 12:56 AM   #1417 (permalink)

I made a lot of test calls with herrie's patch yesterday and results are quite good. Over about 50 outcoming calls, I had no reset if I let the screen on when I take the phone to my ear. I wanted to try whether turning the screen off before doing so (as the proximity sensor logic would do before patching) had an effect on reboot, and the answer seems to be yes. If I try turning the screen off just after dialing while I'm waiting for the other side to answer, I cannot make 5 successive call : I always have a reset very shortly after the call is answered (5-10 sec max I guess). So maybe the problem does not come from the proximity sensor itself but from the consequence (screen off or maybe something caused by the screen off ?).

I have to confirm that making more tests, trying incoming calls too. Maybe someone else want to try that ?

I noticed that even if you don't turn the screen off manually, it goes off after the regular timeout anyway and I did not have any reboot due to that (though it may not be significant because I did not wait enough at each call to let the screen go off). Maybe the problem comes from the screen being off very early in the call, when the call is answered ?

Lionel
Old 11/16/2012, 07:28 AM   #1418 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Thanks for the feedback so far! I'll try and have a look to see if I can find some other bits in the phone app with regards to switching the screen off. Maybe I can patch it so it stays on during call? What are your ideas?
Old 11/17/2012, 01:42 AM   #1419 (permalink)

I believe that the problem does not come from the screen off itself but from the timing of the screen off. If I try to make longer calls and just let the screen go off by timeout (so, long after the call is answered), there is no reset. So I think we don't have to force the screen ON during all the call, maybe we just have to delay it or try to understand why the screen off cause a problem at this precise time.
I noticed something with the veer when I was running 2.1.1 : when I removed the phone from my ear before ending the call, the "connecting" then call timer white label displayed by the phone app was always briefly displaying "0:00" then one sec later or so displayed the right call duration. I did not notice that behaviour on 2.2.4 as if there was something freezing display updates when the screen was off on 2.1.1 which is no longer present in 2.2.4. It may have nothing to do with the reset problem : there should be no problem to update the HMI while the screen is off but I will take a look at 2.1.1 code to compare.
Old 11/17/2012, 06:35 AM   #1420 (permalink)

@Herrie

could you please explain that proximity.patch exactly do and which problems it should solve?

Last edited by michel_ng; 11/17/2012 at 07:44 AM.
michel_ng is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0