Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 206065666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
    See my blog, there are updated links on CreateMirror
  2. pml
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    See my blog, there are updated links on CreateMirror
    Great, it took me a while to combine that I have to manually have to write up the CreateMirror links, e.g. by taking the links you provided for the scripts and replacing their file ID by one of the IDs you gave above...

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pml View Post
    Great, it took me a while to combine that I have to manually have to write up the CreateMirror links, e.g. by taking the links you provided for the scripts and replacing their file ID by one of the IDs you gave above...

Thanks!
    Just updated the instructions, hopefully they are clearer now
    Hello Herrie;

I don't mean to be a pain you know where, but I don't know how to get through with the first steps on your blog.
    1.- change ID on createmirror.com -do I need an account?; How?
    2.- Installed novacomd and novacom in pc; do you mean WOSQI? Oops, no, I just saw the dev.palm.com page.
    3.- And so on.

At last, and not trying to be a pain as I've said, is it legal to make a full instruction video of this whole procedure? Right now there are just right_in_the_middle_of_actions videos. A video on the first steps would be awesome for us noobies (of the whole process from beginning to end would be perfect!). I've done several stuff on my Pre+ and TP but for this I would need visual help to understand some terminology/processes.
    If it's not too much to ask, please anyone do this.

Thank you very much for your help and support for webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
    Hello Herrie;

I don't mean to be a pain you know where, but I don't know how to get through with the first steps on your blog.
    1.- change ID on createmirror.com -do I need an account?; How?
    2.- Installed novacomd and novacom in pc; do you mean WOSQI? Oops, no, I just saw the dev.palm.com page.
    3.- And so on.

At last, and not trying to be a pain as I've said, is it legal to make a full instruction video of this whole procedure? Right now there are just right_in_the_middle_of_actions videos. A video on the first steps would be awesome for us noobies (of the whole process from beginning to end would be perfect!). I've done several stuff on my Pre+ and TP but for this I would need visual help to understand some terminology/processes.
    If it's not too much to ask, please anyone do this.

Thank you very much for your help and support for webOS.
    1. Just change the ID in the URL. For example the first mirror of the scripts has ID 1RPAZPEP in the URL CreateMirror.com - Upload Files To Multiple File Hosting & Sharing Websites - Download - newscripts.rar

Just replace this by the ID of one of the backup files

2. Yes novacom, novacomd and novaterm are required.

3. Videos really show ALL steps. Read the instructions. Make sure you have all the files in the folder and then follow the steps as in the video. Easier I cannot make it currently....
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    1. Just change the ID in the URL. For example the first mirror of the scripts has ID 1RPAZPEP in the URL CreateMirror.com - Upload Files To Multiple File Hosting & Sharing Websites - Download - newscripts.rar

Just replace this by the ID of one of the backup files

2. Yes novacom, novacomd and novaterm are required.

3. Videos really show ALL steps. Read the instructions. Make sure you have all the files in the folder and then follow the steps as in the video. Easier I cannot make it currently....
    I need my Veer to be patch free to do this?
    When I'm doing it in a mac and you say "copy to the same directory" arr saying to erase the windows files (veer22xupdater.bat) out of the directory? When you say this, you mean copy them to the same folder (Veer), right?
    Why when I unrar the .rar file my directory/files are only: Makefile; mdmupdate.sh; newscripts.rar; tpupdate.sh and Veer22xupdater.bat? Where are all the DIRECTORY\nova-cust-image-broadway....gz files? Is it because you made it simpler?

Will I need WOSQI at some point other than not_working_data_connection_issue? I only have the 4.X version on my windows pc. Will this work?

How do I know I need to update modem firmware if my data connection works? In other words, how do know I know it has problems?

Thank you for your help and sorry if some question is out of the picture/pure ignorance.
    I need my Veer to be patch free to do this?
    When I'm doing it in a mac and you say "copy to the same directory" arr saying to erase the windows files (veer22xupdater.bat) out of the directory? When you say this, you mean copy them to the same folder (Veer), right?
    Why when I unrar the .rar file my directory/files are only: Makefile; mdmupdate.sh; newscripts.rar; tpupdate.sh and Veer22xupdater.bat? Where are all the DIRECTORY\nova-cust-image-broadway....gz files? Is it because you made it simpler?

Will I need WOSQI at some point other than not_working_data_connection_issue? I only have the 4.X version on my windows pc. Will this work?

How do I know I need to update modem firmware if my data connection works? In other words, how do know I know it has problems?

Thank you for your help and sorry if some question is out of the picture/pure ignorance.
    Your Veer will be completely "deleted" and restored, so any data you have including patches will be DELETED!

Just put everything into a single directory. So Makefile; mdmupdate.sh; tpupdate.sh and Veer22xupdater.bat (everything is inside newscripts.rar, so you don't need this one anymore). Also put all the .tar.gz files in the same folder as the scripts.

In case your data connection doesn't work you need to update your modem firmware. (Most likely it's required anyway).
    Your Veer will be completely "deleted" and restored, so any data you have including patches will be DELETED!

Just put everything into a single directory. So Makefile; mdmupdate.sh; tpupdate.sh and Veer22xupdater.bat (everything is inside newscripts.rar, so you don't need this one anymore). Also put all the .tar.gz files in the same folder as the scripts.

In case your data connection doesn't work you need to update your modem firmware. (Most likely it's required anyway).
    Hello Herrie;
    The .tar.gz files do not appear when I uncompress the newscripts.rar; do I need to download another file? Please!
    Last edited by ajguns; 04/18/2012 at 08:17 PM.
    Hello Herrie;
    The .tar.gz files do not appear when I uncompress the newscripts.rar; do I need to download another file? Please!
    Yes you need to have x3pr26l62eidatoyc246.rar for 2.2.3 or bd2g1xp1wbex1wcaisb8.rar for 2.2.4 and unpack them!
    Yes you need to have x3pr26l62eidatoyc246.rar for 2.2.3 or bd2g1xp1wbex1wcaisb8.rar for 2.2.4 and unpack them!
    Man, so sorry to bother this much! I do not find the bd2g1xp1wbex1wcaisb8.rar file! Can you direct me to it (PM me if necessary)?
    Man, so sorry to bother this much! I do not find the bd2g1xp1wbex1wcaisb8.rar file! Can you direct me to it (PM me if necessary)?
    Really see instructions on my blog, that's all I can say
    Really see instructions on my blog, that's all I can say
    "The 2.2.4 backup file is called: bd2g1xp1wbex1wcaisb8.rar...ID of the file is*0715L0AV, 1MYKKRJK, 17WT9NX8 or 1IHSQKTM on CreateMirror.com." I did this and downloaded the newscripts.rar; when uncompressed/unrar it gives me just the tpupdate.sh, the mdmupdate.sh, the veer22xupdater.bat and the Makefile (which I don't need since I'm on windows, right?) files. The rest, the .tar.gz I don't see/get. Are they only visible when the script is executed on DOS command? You want me to beg, don't you? PLEASE!
    "The 2.2.4 backup file is called: bd2g1xp1wbex1wcaisb8.rar...ID of the file is*0715L0AV, 1MYKKRJK, 17WT9NX8 or 1IHSQKTM on CreateMirror.com." I did this and downloaded the newscripts.rar; when uncompressed/unrar it gives me just the tpupdate.sh, the mdmupdate.sh, the veer22xupdater.bat and the Makefile (which I don't need since I'm on windows, right?) files. The rest, the .tar.gz I don't see/get. Are they only visible when the script is executed on DOS command? You want me to beg, don't you? PLEASE!
    For 1 of the script files the ID is 1RPAZPEP and the URL is hxxp://createmirror.com/files/1RPAZPEP/

Now replace 1RPAZPEP with the ID of the 2.2.3 or 2.2.4 backup files and you will get the correct file
    With assistance with lots of users...

I am announcing a new process to get webOS 2.2.3/4 on your Veer device:

webOS 2.2.4 Doctor for Veer for AT&T or WR

Why is this better, Doctor handles Modem Firmware and your USB data is retained...

Please let me know if this newer Doctor process works for you?
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/19/2012 at 07:34 AM.
    hi, my phone died after unsuccessful A6 update ((
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    anyone know what the original information update chip A6, is to see if I can tell an address rewrite it, to revive my HP VEER.
    I had an at&t veer unlocked to t-mobile and everything works fine on 2.1.2 (besides being terribly buggy)

I followed the instructions. did the 2.2.4 update (no A6). no errors when flashing

but phone calls/text messages/2G data doesnt work even after a modem flash and a full wipe/2.1.2 doctor down/reflash

you can dial numbers in the phone app and hit call and nothing happens...
    when I am called it just rings continuously but the veer doesnt ring or respond...
    you can type messages but get an infinite circle when trying to send them...

everything else works great

can someone help?
    Just Dr'd back to 212, and am only showing 2.7GB available space?? Anyone got any tips

Edit: Dr'ing doesnt erase my full USB partition Doh!
    Last edited by dbmgreen; 07/24/2012 at 03:51 PM.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    It is illegal to distribute copyrighted code.
    I'm sorry but, SCREW THE LAW.
    antijingoist likes this.
    When i try to run the A6 Update, im getting PMA6Updater not found. Help?

Also, Whenever I install an app the phone does a luna restart .