Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    That is really interesting, because I purchased the exact same bundle (touchstone, car charger, extra cables) from a lady in new york who sold me a white veer just like this ebay listing. There were no ATT apps or splash screen on mine either, nor "4G" menu bar or selection capability. She must have bought hers from this guy and then sold it to me.
    I would say that this auction is legit for those who want to own a 2.2.3 Veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by msmitt View Post
    That is really interesting, because I purchased the exact same bundle (touchstone, car charger, extra cables) from a lady in new york who sold me a white veer just like this ebay listing. There were no ATT apps or splash screen on mine either, nor "4G" menu bar or selection capability. She must have bought hers from this guy and then sold it to me.
    I would say that this auction is legit for those who want to own a 2.2.3 Veer.
    You still have 2.2.3 on yours? If yes, we could help you to make a backup and some people can do magic with it
    I think msmitt is the chosen one
  4.    #124  
    Some one sent me an message asking if I wanna back up my Veer. . If this helps providing some source of data for you guys to develop a 2.2.3 doctor, I am willing to do so.
    Just let me know what I should do.
    Cheers
    dbmgreen likes this.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pansee81 View Post
    Some one sent me an message asking if I wanna back up my Veer. . If this helps providing some source of data for you guys to develop a 2.2.3 doctor, I am willing to do so.
    Cheers
    you're gonna need to install linux on your pc, iirc cygwin doesnt work with the meta doctor

the easiest way is this Download | Ubuntu

no need to mess with partitions, it wont remove your windows partition and keep windows intact
    in the event you dont want it anymore you can uninstall it from windows

and follow this http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...ml#post2936810

im assuming it was NuttyBunny that sent you a PM, if it was i'll wait a bit and see what he says
    dbmgreen and daniela like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pansee81 View Post
    Cheers
    Thanks!!! If you get stuck or run into some problems, I'm happy to assist via a remote desktop session to get the backup made
    dbmgreen likes this.
    Question, if one were to take the Att pre3 Dr. and take the Att veer 2.1.2 kernel and replace the files just like when we use webosinternals kernels. Or better yet as they both have been released one could using the pre3 kernel source recompile it for the veer and create a new veer kernel based on a pre3 source? Then create a new Dr. with the new veer (pre3 sourced) kernel but with the pre3 core 2.2.3. Just some thoughts about doing this legit? Would this work?
    Last edited by John Steffes; 11/06/2011 at 12:23 AM.
    Wow, sounds like there is some progress for our precious veers!
    I kinda get the feeling that this has been deliberate? I could imagine that if you had done a whole lot of work on something like this only to have some goose in a Telco say we are not releasing it, you might be a little bit ****ed off.
    I am eagerly awaiting this release, if you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask. You will be a hero to all the veer owners who frequent this forum
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Xethur likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    I kinda get the feeling that this has been deliberate? I could imagine that if you had done a whole lot of work on something like this only to have some goose in a Telco say we are not releasing it, you might be a little bit ****ed off.
    Never ascribe to malice ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Never ascribe to malice ...

-- Rod
    Let me finish that for you :-)

"Never ascribe to malice what might merely be incompetence".

most often attributed to Napoleon Bonaparte.

I appreciate all that is implied or otherwise in your comments in this thread, just a little frustrating ...... Probably cause I don't have a pre3

any news on this little project?

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    this project is good news for all veer users, every1 involved, keep the veer going
    Tatobest likes this.
    Yes!! The guy listed another one on eBay that's a customer return due to loud whine on calls. The nice thing is, due to the defect, it should be cheaper. I'll try to buy it and then go through the whole backup procedure if I win.
    Thats not defective... Mine makes that noise as well when you talk with the slider closed
    seems like we're all bidding on the same stuff... Pretty soon, this guy's Veers are going to fetch some serious dollars. His new one is already at twice the regular value...
    Quote Originally Posted by vantagebox View Post
    seems like we're all bidding on the same stuff... Pretty soon, this guy's Veers are going to fetch some serious dollars. His new one is already at twice the regular value...
    LOL $142.50 with a couple of days to go, hope there is NOT an OTA in the meantime :-)

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    LOL $142.50 with a couple of days to go, hope there is NOT an OTA in the meantime :-)
    that would really suck for the guy who buys it

wonder how that guy manages to update that many veers at work, must be hard updating them without a doctor
    why not email the guy and see if he would update your veer if ya paid for shipping...and maybe a small nominal fee
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    why not email the guy and see if he would update your veer if ya paid for shipping...and maybe a small nominal fee
    not all of us want to send our phone to some guy and pay for an update that should be free from HP
Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast