Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19596465666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
    No, ogg support is only in webOs 3.0.5. Maybe also 3.0.4? But only one of the latest tablet versions has this, none of the phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    No, ogg support is only in webOs 3.0.5. Maybe also 3.0.4? But only one of the latest tablet versions has this, none of the phones.
    Thanks! Something to hope for OpenWebOS.
    What's 2.2.3/4 like for people using it as their daily cell? A while back I read that by upgrading to an unreleased OS that I'd be encountering a few problems like being permanently locked out of the app catalog. Is that still the case? Are there any other downsides I'm not seeing aside from a possible bricking?

I'm switching to a different phone soon but still would like to know if upgrading would be more for the fun of it or that it could still be serviceable as a back-up.
    Quote Originally Posted by briands View Post
    What's 2.2.3/4 like for people using it as their daily cell? A while back I read that by upgrading to an unreleased OS that I'd be encountering a few problems like being permanently locked out of the app catalog. Is that still the case? Are there any other downsides I'm not seeing aside from a possible bricking?

I'm switching to a different phone soon but still would like to know if upgrading would be more for the fun of it or that it could still be serviceable as a back-up.
    App Catalog works still, because it imposes as being 2.1.2
    Interesting...

I might just give it a go in that case.
    so I have to ask if this whole open source thing will allow us to get 2.2.3 legally. I really want the update especially now that I finally bought a touchpad, but I won't update until I can over clock my veer on 2.2.3.
    No.

Hopefully there will be a way someday to get openwebos 1.x on the Veer. But it is very certain that you'll never see 2.2.x on the Veer officially released. If open sourcing influenced the possibility for that in any way, then it reduced the possibility.
    Don't get the news wrong. 2.2.x will always stay closed source and redistributing it against the will of HP will always be a copyright infringement. So nothing changes for 2.2.x. Our only hope can be openwebos 1.0 for the Veer at someday...

TBH I currently feel the platform dying very fast... most app developers went away, even much faster with enyo going open source and being available for other plattforms also. webos internals became very silent recently, also... Even webos nation is writing over more and more webos unrelated stuff.
    Unless there really are some people picking openwebos up and bundle it with great hardware, I only see a slow demise of webos. Currently it very much feels like the vibe is gone. Sorry for getting OT, just felt I'd have to say that...
    guess I should have read those news articles more closely. I got excited when I heard open source. I've been getting the same vibe you have. There was a poll in the open source thread about gathering support. I can't say it surprised me, but it was sad to see less then 200 votes. I'm know for being stubborn so I'm going to keep my veer and TPs as long as possible, but I feel like I'm on a wing and a prayer in hoping that someone will use the open source WebOS to make phones.
    i am looking for 2.2.4/2.2.3 backup files they seem they have vanished from online..... can enyone send me a private message with the working links or ... upload them for me? you will make someone realy happy...

Long live webos

Thank you
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by megaxp View Post
    i am looking for 2.2.4/2.2.3 backup files they seem they have vanished from online..... can enyone send me a private message with the working links or ... upload them for me? you will make someone realy happy...

Long live webos

Thank you
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Herrie,

I did reinstall my phone now I want to install the system patch.
    I am running on 2.2.4 now so could you recommend what advance patches shall i run.
    Advance System Pref / Advance System Pref (ATT/NZW)

Regards,
    please can you send me the Windows (BatchFile), Modem Update Script, Touchpanel/Touchscreen Update Script

they are not that big.. my email is megaxp@gmail.com

i manage to get the 2.2.3/2.2.4 back up files...

Thank you david for sending me the files...!

Thank you..
    Quote Originally Posted by megaxp View Post
    please can you send me the Windows (BatchFile), Modem Update Script, Touchpanel/Touchscreen Update Script

they are not that big.. my email is megaxp@gmail.com

Thank you..
    See WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
    megaxp likes this.
    I am currently looking for a 2.2.4 backup-file, since they seem to have vanished from all the sites Herrie has named in his blog.
    It would make me very happy, if somebody could send me a working link via pm.
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Herrie,

I did reinstall my phone now I want to install the system patch.
    I am running on 2.2.4 now so could you recommend what advance patches shall i run.
    Advance System Pref / Advance System Pref (ATT/NZW)

Regards,
    Some Help Will Be Appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Some Help Will Be Appreciated.
    I don't think it makes a difference to be honest. I have the regular non-AT&T/VZW ones on my 2.2.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Möhrchen View Post
    I am currently looking for a 2.2.4 backup-file, since they seem to have vanished from all the sites Herrie has named in his blog.
    It would make me very happy, if somebody could send me a working link via pm.
    Thank you!
    Me too please! I have been searching for an hour or so. And even bittorrent seems to be deserted...
    I'd be really happy about a PM!
    I created some new mirrors. Will try to update my blog on Sunday
    Updated the blog
  20. pml

Thank you..
    Could you (or anyone else) please hand over the backup files to me somehow?
    Maybe via dropbox or box.net? You could tell me the link via pm.
    In fact, I'm only missing the rootfs image file, as I found all the other 2.2.4 files in a box.net link in the responses on herrie's blog.

Would be very kind of you!