Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18586364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by raptor1988 View Post
    Exactly!
    But have you noticed that the 2.2.3 seems to have more bugs than the 2.2.4?
    I usually encounter the audio problem with the slider closed using 2.2.3, but this won't happen with 2.2.4. Also sometimes during conversations it seems like the other part was talking under water. Did any one else noticed that?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be my very unscientific opinion as well

BTW the (unlike ALL the other webOS phones) the VEER is NOT designed to be used with the slider closed. The microphone on the VEER is on the keyboard, (on all the other webOS phones its at the base of the screen) Because the microphone is on the keyboard, when you close the slider, you induce feedback between the speaker and the microphone, this is the sound problem you get. Kinda the same as when a rock and roll band member gets in front of a PA system speaker with his mic and it feeds back and makes a loud noise.
    Last edited by dbmgreen; 03/07/2012 at 02:20 AM.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post

BTW the (unlike ALL the other webOS phones) the VEER is NOT designed to be used with the slider closed. The microphone on the VEER is on the keyboard, (on all the other webOS phones its at the base of the screen) Because the microphone is on the keyboard, when you close the slider, you induce feedback between the speaker and the microphone, this is the sound problem you get. Kinda the same as when a rock and roll band member gets in front of a PA system speaker with his mic and it feeds back and makes a loud noise.
    Unfortunately I have to agree with you on the fact that this Veer is not designed to be used with the slider closed, due to the very small size i find it very unconfortable to use it with the slide closed, infact i broke my first veer weeks ago trying to answer a call with the slider closed at work.
    Re: GPS I have found that sometimes you need to manually turn it on, "there is a patch for that" that makes it easy.
    I've turned on manually, even I used the repair option #*GPS# and after a few minutes timeout error appears ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You should do a secure full erase. Connect to WiFi and activate using Impostah.

Alternatively in Dev Mode, make sure to correct your data settings, because the ones in carrierdb.json are often incorrect.
    i do a secure full erase, but i can't conecct to my WIFI and i havenīt data
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelencho View Post
    i do a secure full erase, but i can't conecct to my WIFI and i havenīt data
    from: [Patch] Enable Profile Creation on Activation Bypassed Device (1.4.5)

use the "Emergency Call" feature to dial ##DEVMODE# for CDMA or #*DEVMODE# for GSM devices)
    Please do not post links to illegal webOS Doctor versions. Currently 2.1.1 for O2 and 2.1.2 for AT&T are the only legal versions. Thanks.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2Ē about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Please do not post links to illegal webOS Doctor versions. Currently 2.1.1 for O2 and 2.1.2 for AT&T are the only legal versions. Thanks.
    What? There is a webOS Doctor version 2.2.3 / 2.2.4 for HP Veer leaked???
    Sorry, not an actual doctor, but a meta-doctor. (Somebody followed the directions at Herrie's Blog, and then reposted what they made....illegal).
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2Ē about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Ah ok, Thanks.
    Do you guys think there is still any hope for an official 2.2.x update for the Veer?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbg View Post
    Do you guys think there is still any hope for an official 2.2.x update for the Veer?
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paralel View Post
    No.
    I see.... looks like it's time to take the plunge and do this... 2.2.4 or 2.2.3? any recommendation?
    Can we start a petition and war with the support of webOS Community to get finally an update for Veer?
    Read the comment here

HP webOS Developer Blog
    So this phone will never run on Sprint. But as I'm shaping up to be something of webOS device collector, I picked up a Veer. Now the question is: What do i do with it?

1. Keep it as-is and enjoy it for wifi-access via the DEVMODE bypass?

2. Install Preware and Impostah to get my Palm Profile in there?

OR

3. Do the legality shuffle with an update to 2.2.4?

Recommendations and advice would be great. Thank you!

I've already the whole post and now i need you experts' help. You rule!
    z
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbg View Post
    I see.... looks like it's time to take the plunge and do this... 2.2.4 or 2.2.3? any recommendation?
    LOVE 2.2.4 on my veer. I have all updates done, and think its great. TTS works on my touchpad with it, runs pretty much anything made for 2.2.4.... Even the hulu patch for the pre3 works on my veer!!! Awesome!! Only thing I haven't gotten to work yet is uberkernel. I have membooted it, but I get no sound when I do....
    So I followed Herrie's tutorial to install 2.2.4 and it now works just as expected, with data and all. Infinite kudo's to those that made it possible

I have an issue though. I think I did not activate something, but Touch To Share and SMS pairing aren't working at all. I paired the Veer with the Touchpad via bluetooth, but I only get phone calls transfers as in 2.1.1, even though I'm on 2.2.4 now !

Has anyone the slightest idea of what's going on ???
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post

That explains it! Thanks, I've made a few calls with the slider closed and people got a little weirded out by what I sounded like. Even called a demon .....by my gf

lol
    Hi,

Can somebody provide me the links to the Modem Update Script, Touchpanel/Touchscreen Update Script files. Multiupload seems to be down and am not able to locate it otherwise. Please help.

Thanks,
    Vinny
    Quote Originally Posted by vinbinn1 View Post
    Hi,

Can somebody provide me the links to the Modem Update Script, Touchpanel/Touchscreen Update Script files. Multiupload seems to be down and am not able to locate it otherwise. Please help.

Thanks,
    Vinny
    The link is just a few page behind on this same thread

WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Hello,

is in WebOS 2.2.3/4 support for ogg files?

Many thanks,

LK