Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 17576263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
    Since some claim to have had a tough time finding the backup files, I'll describe how I located them.

I went to Harrie's blog and found the file name I was looking for. I searched for that file name in google.

I selected the link that came up under rapidlibrary. Both backup files are there. I hope I helped while still following

the rules of the forums.

enjoy.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Just do:
    Veer22xupdater.bat prepare-updates

It will then mount the partition and copy the files. Then you can just follow the instructions for updating the TouchPanel and Modem
    You should add this to your blog.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    No, but the directory with Novacom/Novaterm needs to be in your PATH variable. See How to set the windows path in Windows 7 on how to set it up.

You should add this to your blog too.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Ok, Everything went through ok now.

I did the main update and the TP update, but I didn't do the modem update.

Then after a FSE, I was to sign into my profile, but sign in failed.

Was I supposed to do the modem update before the FSE?

I see the bars for wireless on the top left, and I see AT&T on the top right.

Now neither novaterm now QuickWebOSinstall recognizes the phone.

I see an option for phone setting. I went into that and I see INTERNET APN and MMS APN. What are those for? I never had to deal with this before.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adobian View Post
    Ok, Everything went through ok now.

I did the main update and the TP update, but I didn't do the modem update.

Then after a FSE, I was to sign into my profile, but sign in failed.

Was I supposed to do the modem update before the FSE?

I see the bars for wireless on the top left, and I see AT&T on the top right.

Now neither novaterm now QuickWebOSinstall recognizes the phone.

I see an option for phone setting. I went into that and I see INTERNET APN and MMS APN. What are those for? I never had to deal with this before.
    I put it in recovery mode, doctored it back to 2.1 and now restart the process again. This time I will update the modem before FSE.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I put it in recovery mode, doctored it back to 2.1 and now restart the process again. This time I will update the modem before FSE.
    Success!!!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Success!!!
    I was trying to install preware using WebOSQuickinstall and I got "System Busy" error. Anyone else saw this?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Say you are in Asia and you don't have data plan, how do you sign in to your profile after the FSE?

Set the wireless router to connect without encryption and hope the phone connect automatically ?
    In Herrie Blog something was mentioned about wifi and impostah, could someone explain this? What if I couldn't get webOSquickinstall to recognize the phone after the FSE and before signing into the profile?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Say you are in Asia and you don't have data plan, how do you sign in to your profile after the FSE?

Set the wireless router to connect without encryption and hope the phone connect automatically ?
    In Herrie Blog something was mentioned about wifi and impostah, could someone explain this? What if I couldn't get webOSquickinstall to recognize the phone after the FSE and before signing into the profile?

I found this thread.

How to activate HP Veer when using other carriers
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I was trying to install preware using WebOSQuickinstall and I got "System Busy" error. Anyone else saw this?
    It's busy restoring apps from your profile. Wait till all the installs are done (no blue circles on the app icons) then you can get to homebrewin'.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    But can't find the public stand alone webos doctor about v2.2.3, still only v2.1.2 till now.
    Quote Originally Posted by lbseraph View Post
    But can't find the public stand alone webos doctor about v2.2.3, still only v2.1.2 till now.
    Because it doesn't exist. Only the unofficial 2.2.3/2.2.4 backup exists currently!
    Hi herries,
    I got some few veers for friends and I(as i broke the glass of my first veer). 2 of them got updated successfully 1 got everything updated but wont get the tpupdate: I doctored it to the latest official doctor and Nada! the touchpanel doesn't respond either and i can't even enter in dev mode to restart the update: Do you have some advice for me?
    The latest got everything updated but at the end, after rebooting it there was this question mark in the battery icon. Then i let it drainig itself ou of juice hoping that it will got charged after, but yet it is completely dead ,it wont even charge neither with usb or the traditional wall charger.
    PS: I am using MAC OS lion, and sorry for my english skills , i am not english native
    Quote Originally Posted by raptor1988 View Post
    Hi herries,
    I got some few veers for friends and I(as i broke the glass of my first veer). 2 of them got updated successfully 1 got everything updated but wont get the tpupdate: I doctored it to the latest official doctor and Nada! the touchpanel doesn't respond either and i can't even enter in dev mode to restart the update: Do you have some advice for me?
    The latest got everything updated but at the end, after rebooting it there was this question mark in the battery icon. Then i let it drainig itself ou of juice hoping that it will got charged after, but yet it is completely dead ,it wont even charge neither with usb or the traditional wall charger.
    PS: I am using MAC OS lion, and sorry for my english skills , i am not english native
    Answering to myself: i succeded in reviving one of them by manualy entering in to recovery mode and started The herries manual update. And i forced the tpupdate. Every thing went fine
    I think the other one is gone because reading on the internet i discovered that the A6 firmware has to do with battery and power. I suspect the A6 update to have failled, but i still don't understand how did that happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Anyone with 2.2.3/2.2.4 noticed if contact app is more stable? I have 2.1.1 on AT&T Veer and the contact app is really slow... bug i try to delete contact from SIM and Google service but won't work... After a restart of luna or device the contact is delete...
    It's more stable or not? Thanks.
    Hi, my girlfriend has "given" their HP Veer, the first thing I did was update to version 2.2.3 (updated modem included) and the data connection appears as H + is supposed to be 4G (I'm from Colombia and my provider is 4G Tigo) later I update to 2.2.4 and the data connection only appears 3G, my question is if the version 2.2.4 compatible with 4G?

The other bug is with the GPS I have never been able to work ... I liked the webOS, unfortunately very few applications and have many bug, I have to go back to my Android (HTC Aria)

I hope the Open WebOS change things, I have appreciation for Palm, my first smartphone was a Treo 180
    Quote Originally Posted by JoZ3 View Post
    Hi, my girlfriend has "given" their HP Veer, the first thing I did was update to version 2.2.3 (updated modem included) and the data connection appears as H + is supposed to be 4G (I'm from Colombia and my provider is 4G Tigo) later I update to 2.2.4 and the data connection only appears 3G, my question is if the version 2.2.4 compatible with 4G?

The other bug is with the GPS I have never been able to work ... I liked the webOS, unfortunately very few applications and have many bug, I have to go back to my Android (HTC Aria)

I hope the Open WebOS change things, I have appreciation for Palm, my first smartphone was a Treo 180
    Both my gps and h+ work perfectly in the US on at&t with my veer running 2.2.4 all updates...
    Quote Originally Posted by JoZ3 View Post
    ............ data connection only appears 3G, my question is if the version 2.2.4 compatible with 4G?

The other bug is with the GPS I have never been able to work ...........180

It's still HSDPA+ (4G) it's just the OS calls for a different icon, this makes no difference to whet the modem is actually doing It could say 10X or anything else you wanted it to say, if you changed the icon in the OS.

Re: GPS I have found that sometimes you need to manually turn it on, "there is a patch for that" that makes it easy.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

2.2.4 doesn't have H+ icon, because it's the WR version of the firmware, 2.2.3 is the AT&T version of the firmware.

Other than that there's not much difference, both do offer 4G speeds, only 2.2.3 shows H+ and 2.2.4 only shows 3G as icon
    2.2.4 doesn't have H+ icon, because it's the WR version of the firmware, 2.2.3 is the AT&T version of the firmware.

Other than that there's not much difference, both do offer 4G speeds, only 2.2.3 shows H+ and 2.2.4 only shows 3G as icon
    Exactly!
    But have you noticed that the 2.2.3 seems to have more bugs than the 2.2.4?
    I usually encounter the audio problem with the slider closed using 2.2.3, but this won't happen with 2.2.4. Also sometimes during conversations it seems like the other part was talking under water. Did any one else noticed that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk