Page 66 of 74 FirstFirst ... 16566162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I've installed 2.2.4 and updated the touchpanel - no problems.

I dont have a data connection, but when running the modem update I get cant open /tmp/media/broadwayumts.tar - no such file or directory

Also impostah wont run;

Service Error - (setpalmprofile)

Kind not registered.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    I've installed 2.2.4 and updated the touchpanel - no problems.

I dont have a data connection, but when running the modem update I get cant open /tmp/media/broadwayumts.tar - no such file or directory

Also impostah wont run;

Kind not registered.
    OK, scrap that. Modem flashed successfully. Its listed as BU2.5.00(3500) in device info. I still have no data though :-(

I still cant use impostah.
    OK, scrap that. Modem flashed successfully. Its listed as BU2.5.00(3500) in device info. I still have no data though :-(

I still cant use impostah.
    You should do a secure full erase. Connect to WiFi and activate using Impostah.

Alternatively in Dev Mode, make sure to correct your data settings, because the ones in carrierdb.json are often incorrect.
    I
    Also impostah wont run;

Kind not registered.
    This indicates that the flashed firmware is not correct, or has not initialised correctly on first boot. You should do a full erase first, or reflash, or if both those things don't work then there is an issue with the firmware you are flashing.

-- Rod (Impostah author)
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    This indicates that the flashed firmware is not correct, or has not initialised correctly on first boot. You should do a full erase first, or reflash, or if both those things don't work then there is an issue with the firmware you are flashing.

-- Rod (Impostah author)
    Thanks Rod. I wonder if all the issues are down to 2.2.4...its an att veer so maybe I should use 2.2.3...
    Thanks Rod. I wonder if all the issues are down to 2.2.4...its an att veer so maybe I should use 2.2.3...
    No it's not 2.2.4, 2.2.3 will give you the same result.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Well - I did a full erase - and I have data! Yippee! Its just pulling down my profile now!

Thanks guys - herrie your a hero - I'll send you a beer on your web site.
    Herrie I want to use some system preferences such as open email in new card and all, but when I am trying to install the same its not allowing me to install it.

Advanced System patches and Framework gives IPKG error.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Herrie I want to use some system preferences such as open email in new card and all, but when I am trying to install the same its not allowing me to install it.

Advanced System patches and Framework gives IPKG error.
    It's some of the Canuck Software that you need for these patches. They haven't been updated yet after webOS Nation changes. You need to manually install the IPK's via Preware manually before installing the Advanced Patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    It's some of the Canuck Software that you need for these patches. They haven't been updated yet after webOS Nation changes. You need to manually install the IPK's via Preware manually before installing the Advanced Patches.
    Please provide me the patch details which is required, I have systemmgr and filemgr installed already.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Please provide me the patch details which is required, I have systemmgr and filemgr installed already.
    In the log it will tell you which one is missing normally (it gave me a 404 error on some packages, don't remember which one to be honest). Advanced Patches worked OK for me on a clean install on both 2.2.3 and 2.2.4. It could be a conflicting patch.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    hello,

i wanted to update my veer to 2.2.4, but unfortunately the site multiupload.com is down, so all files required for the update are now down too!
    can someone please upload these files to another hoster?
    How many bugs and lags do you have on 2.2.4 compared to the official version 2.1?

I think I'm gonna sell the veer because of buggy touchscreen behaviour and other strange bugs. Gets rather annoying...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Has anyone got this error when the update process started?

'novacom' is not recognized as the external or internal command, operable program or batch file? I know I have novacom install in Windows 7. It's there under Program Files\Palm Inc\

And there is a pop up that says: Windows cannot find Novacom. Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I put novacom.exe into the C:\Veer directory, and the process continued, but I got millions of errors, something like bin/tar ... no space left to write. After about 20 minutes, the phone reboot and became bricked, with just the HP logo, nothing else.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Actually, the phone was not bricked. I triggered recovery mode and it's now being doctored back.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    The PC can see the phone as USB drive, but QuickWebOSInstall 4.4.0 and Novaterm cannot recognize the phone. What does that mean?
    Usually you just have to power cycle the phone while connected to the pc to get it to work with wqis

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    Usually you just have to power cycle the phone while connected to the pc to get it to work with wqis

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Thanks, you are correct.

I get it to recognized, by novaterm and QuickWebOSinstall 4.4.0 . However, I am still experiencing the errors described in the previous posts. Are we supposed to put novacom.exe in the c:\Veer folder ?
    Quote Originally Posted by adobian View Post
    Thanks, you are correct.

I get it to recognized, by novaterm and QuickWebOSinstall 4.4.0 . However, I am still experiencing the errors described in the previous posts. Are we supposed to put novacom.exe in the c:\Veer folder ?
    No, but the directory with Novacom/Novaterm needs to be in your PATH variable. See How to set the windows path in Windows 7 on how to set it up.