Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrue View Post
    On 2.2.4 here, and I'd say so. It adds Skype support, and optionally, Touch to Share support with the Touchpad. It runs a bit smoother and more responsive than the stock OS.
    does everything work properly? Is there a 9.9.9 glitch still? I'm really new to WebOS... I could use some help. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defying View Post
    does everything work properly? Is there a 9.9.9 glitch still? I'm really new to WebOS... I could use some help. :-)
    9.9.9 has been sorted. HP thinks it's 2.1.2
    I've never seen a 9.9.9 version show up either on the device info screens, or on my webOS account (although, it appears as 2.1.2 on the account.)

I have it running on SimpleMobile, unlocked using Dogbert's scripts, with Preware installed.
    App Catalog shows paid apps. Nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Beware If You Want To Use Office Communicator It Will Not Work On 2.2.3 / 2.2.4
    If you dont want that and want Skype Update it without any problems.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Finished the update to 2.2.3 using herrie's method including the modem update. Everything seems to work OK.

Not that I didn't have problems....

Had difficulty with the Palm profile. Had to use impostah and several wipes.

thanks for all of the good information on this forum.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I have successfully installed 2.2.3 and wondering if I can upgrade to 2.2.4 by using system updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by philwil View Post
    I have successfully installed 2.2.3 and wondering if I can upgrade to 2.2.4 by using system updates?
    No since 2.2.4 hasn't been officially released for the Veer?
    Novaterm is not working at all for me. it doesn't me to me do any thing regarding /tmp/media yet i checked on the usb drive and the updates are there
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Anyone else get error 38 when trying to send text messages?

I can get messages just fine, but haven't been able to send one since the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot View Post
    Anyone else get error 38 when trying to send text messages?

I can get messages just fine, but haven't been able to send one since the update.
    is it just SMS or any type of messages I am using airtel and had no issues in sending sms email or messages on skype
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    is it just SMS or any type of messages I am using airtel and had no issues in sending sms email or messages on skype
    Fixed it.

Somehow the SMS gateway number was changed on the SIM. This number isn't something you can set manually in the Veer like the MMS APN. There is NOWHERE to set it.

I took the phone to Vodafone and the gent put my sim in his ancient Nokia phone where he entered the correct SMS gateway, saved it, and gave it back to me.

It was fast and easy to fix, but I'm sad I wasn't able to do it myself on my smartphone. I had to have someone else's help using a POS Nokia in order to get my Veer back on track.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot View Post
    Fixed it.

Somehow the SMS gateway number was changed on the SIM. This number isn't something you can set manually in the Veer like the MMS APN. There is NOWHERE to set it.

I took the phone to Vodafone and the gent put my sim in his ancient Nokia phone where he entered the correct SMS gateway, saved it, and gave it back to me.

It was fast and easy to fix, but I'm sad I wasn't able to do it myself on my smartphone. I had to have someone else's help using a POS Nokia in order to get my Veer back on track.
    The data is actually stored in the carrierdb.json with the following 2 parameters from what I can see, so you COULD fix it yourself, but it's not that easy

"isSmscNumberOnSimCard":"true"
    "smscNumber":"+97454120032"

You can play with these two to fix it yourself I guess. When you put "isSmscNumberOnSimCard" to "false" you can enter your own SMS gateway number in "smscNumber" I guess

See HOWTO: Edit your carrierdb.json file on how to edit your carrierdb.json
    New Finding I am Unable To Use SSH and SCP on the 2.2.3 can someone try the same and confirm?
    Application:OpenSSH - WebOS Internals

Some More Issues
    Arrow Keys Not Working When Using NovaTerm.
    Cant select text in linux terminal in XTerm / Edit middle of a Line
    Linux Script Not Getting Executed
    Terminus Not Working Atall.

Can someone please confirm the above findings.
    Using 2.2.3 I tried searching forums but not able to find it.
    Last edited by devil.insulted; 02/04/2012 at 08:39 AM.
    I did all process by herrie, everything was fine (touchpanel and modem firmware was succesfully), but now when I try to dial any number it doesn´t work, also can't received any calls... what can I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by andersarria View Post
    I did all process by herrie, everything was fine (touchpanel and modem firmware was succesfully), but now when I try to dial any number it doesn´t work, also can't received any calls... what can I do?
    Did you do a Secure Full Erase as well and activate? It could be your operator/carrier isn't in the carrierdb and therefore causes problems somehow. Which carrier in which country are you using?
    Hi folks! Was anyone having the same issue as me and probably could help me, please? My Veer is dead and can’t be recovered or else: Veer won't turn on. Help!

@Herrie—Maybe you, as kind of a Veer guru, could help?
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Can anyone try Tweaks? I keep getting "Configuration could not be saved since the service returned an error!" on both 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 when trying to change a setting. See also my post at Tweaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Did you do a Secure Full Erase as well and activate? It could be your operator/carrier isn't in the carrierdb and therefore causes problems somehow. Which carrier in which country are you using?
    Actually I wasn't keep all the instructions... I did not activate the phone and that was the trouble... (I'm feel like an *****). I did the secure full erase and activate with the wifi... now works everything, even my data plan...

Thanks so much....
    That's what I thought already Without activation it won't do much
    Quote Originally Posted by andersarria View Post
    Actually I wasn't keep all the instructions... I did not activate the phone and that was the trouble... (I'm feel like an *****). I did the secure full erase and activate with the wifi... now works everything, even my data plan...

Thanks so much....
    i'm using tweaks and had no problem with 2.2.4