Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
    n00b here...

Hey, I just started to read this threat.. I have a few questions...

1: Is the 2.2.3 version actually an official version for the Veer?
    2: How do I install it?
    3: Will it FINALLY fix the yahoo mail issue?

I like to keep things simple.. I don't wanna have to do all the rooting or whatever.. I've done a few things and it just takes too much time.. specially if you don't know what your really doing. If it isn't the official version for the Veer, When, approximately, do you guys think it'll be released? Like should I wait? or do it now?

Thanks guys.
    S-Doo-1965 likes this.
    Hi.
    For all have problem witch freezed numbers when flashing modem - this is
    novaterm freeze, not the Veer. Have this problem many times and go to webosquickinstall/tools/linux commandline and you will get windows terminal was
    work very stable and nor freeze.
    Good luck.
    BlackBlood
    1: it isnt an official version, but the install makes it look as thought it is 2.1.2.
    2: follow herries instructions, on his blog. it is in this thread. Very easy once you got all the stuff! Big thanks to Herrie for it too!!
    3: Not sure on yahoo mail, however, being stock, it has fixed alot, and is smoother than 2.1.2.

I would wait, as its gonna be a while before anything becomes ready, in regards to open source and all that. Its relatively easy, if you are ok with computers and such!!

Hope that helps
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by smackead View Post
    BlackBlood
    1: it isnt an official version, but the install makes it look as thought it is 2.1.2.
    2: follow herries instructions, on his blog. it is in this thread. Very easy once you got all the stuff! Big thanks to Herrie for it too!!
    3: Not sure on yahoo mail, however, being stock, it has fixed alot, and is smoother than 2.1.2.

I would wait, as its gonna be a while before anything becomes ready, in regards to open source and all that. Its relatively easy, if you are ok with computers and such!!

Hope that helps
    Thanks a lot! I think i will wait.. super excited for it though, assuming it's gonna release for the Veer.. Also, if anyone would check that out? See if the Yahoo Mail is fix that'll awesome.
    Herrie, just checking in to say a big thanks for the Veer instructions for 2.2.3 and TTS with TouchPad. I then lent it to my biz partner who took it to Argentina and he said it worked like a champ as he added and dropped telephone providers. He was emailing and calling from rivers and restaurants and hikes around the country, never had a call dropped to the states when he needed it, email was very reliable. He is a plug 'n play guy so this is huge testament to the Veer. It came back slightly more beige than before (some of the white paint gone on the back) but looks great otherwise.
    Its my spare Veer and so its been sitting in a drawer since. I'm thinking of swapping it to someone who wants TTS and has a Pre3 to swap since I've never seen one, but will have to think about this some more. I do like the Veer form factor.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    My phone is unlocked already but I have lost the unlock code and I don't want to call AT&T again. Do I need to unlock the phone again after this update?
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlackxBlood View Post
    Thanks a lot! I think i will wait.. super excited for it though, assuming it's gonna release for the Veer.. Also, if anyone would check that out? See if the Yahoo Mail is fix that'll awesome.
    yahoo mail still needs the workaround
    Quote Originally Posted by adobian View Post
    My phone is unlocked already but I have lost the unlock code and I don't want to call AT&T again. Do I need to unlock the phone again after this update?
    Don't worry, I upgraded my unlocked Veer with no problems.
    I bet the latest version of webOS 2.x for the Veer has been setting on a desk at AT&T. Each day that goes by, an engineer from AT&T responsible for approving updates laughs at the webOS community, and therefore, refuses to release the update to the paying customers. Until the update comes out, the Veer will sit in the desk drawer collecting dust.

It's a shame. It's a nice tiny phone. Paid full price for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlackxBlood View Post
    Don't know about Yahoo Services in general, but Yahoo Mail works great on my 2.2.3 Veer.
    Actually, there is a way to make it work on 2.1.2 too (you can search the forum for the answer).
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    So I finally decided to give this a shot and of course, I got stuck.

I'm following the directions at Herie82's blog. I can get the Veer22xupdater.bat to run, and the phone comes back to life, but I can't seem to run the tpupdate.sh script to update the touch screen. As a result, the touch screen simply isn't responsive.

I open a command line through webOS Quick Install, and type "cd /tmp/media" to switch to the media folder. Then I enter "sh tpupdate.sh" to update the touch screen. What comes back is an error telling me that I need to force an update, and thet the correct version isn't found.

Any suggestions?

I tried doctoring back to an earlier version but the touch screen still didn't respond. So I booted into recovery and ran Veer22xupdater.bat install-from-recovery.

Edit: Got it. Here is what I had to do in order to get my touch panel working.

cd /usr/bin
    PmTpUpdater -a -f

Wait for it to finish and do:
    start hidd
    Last edited by kamalot; 01/29/2012 at 02:28 AM.
    I just updated my Veer to 2.2.4. Everything went fine, modem update too.
    Thank you Herrie
    tomori, what about sound throw magnet adapter? Is it in stereo?
    I don’t know, I hear left and right in both sides of the headphone but I don’t care about it. I don’t hear too much music with veer.
    Uberkernel is that really what I miss and also some patches.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Still having problems getting a data connection via 3G on Vodafone in India. Just got the WiFi working here at the office.

Is there a quick fix for getting the 3G working again?
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot View Post
    Still having problems getting a data connection via 3G on Vodafone in India. Just got the WiFi working here at the office.

Is there a quick fix for getting the 3G working again?
    Did you update your modem firmware? It's probably also necessary to update your APN settings manually!
    tomori, I miss UberKernel too When Veer is overlocked to 1.3GHz - mplayer works fine
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I updated the modem firmware. It SEEMED to work. Phone came back to life. WiFi works if I am at the office, but still no data connection. The little H+ is there, but I can't load any web pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot View Post
    I updated the modem firmware. It SEEMED to work. Phone came back to life. WiFi works if I am at the office, but still no data connection. The little H+ is there, but I can't load any web pages.
    In that case it are the APN settings usually in the Phone Settings. Set it to manual and update with the correct settings for your provider!
    Switch again to 2.2.4 and... and now I can't login to my account System response to me: "We're can't login you, try again later" (something like that)...