Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I have stereo when using Bluetooth and mono when wired. No idea why this should be, but I didn't check before updating to 2.2.4 so I don't know if the update caused it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdoc View Post
    I have stereo when using Bluetooth and mono when wired. No idea why this should be, but I didn't check before updating to 2.2.4 so I don't know if the update caused it.
    I may say poor stereo wired But better ipod for music than veer, less possibility to be with low charge.
    -----------------
    Can you check with homebrew music player like Remix?
    -----------------
    Last edited by ipad_user; 01/18/2012 at 10:15 AM.
    Updated my veer to 2.2.4, [d]didn't bother to update A6.[/d]

Diffed veer/pre2/pre3, updated apps:clock/messaging/phone & services:accounts/calendar.google/calendar.yahoo to be more like the officially released pre2/pre3 2.2.4 doctor and minimize the risk of failing patches.

Managed to install uberkernel based on 2.1.1, but wifi won't function. Same story for the 2.1.2 uberkernel. Noticed PmWifiService eating loads of CPU-time. Reverted to default kernel.

Edit: updated A6, took approximately the same amount time as the a6-update-video
    Last edited by ekstergans; 01/19/2012 at 11:04 AM.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ipad_user View Post
    I may say poor stereo wired But better ipod for music than veer, less possibility to be with low charge.
    -----------------
    Can you check with homebrew music player like Remix?
    -----------------
    Pandora and Playlist Lite are the same way. Stereo is fine via Bluetooth, but mono when wired... Any ideas?
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdoc View Post
    Pandora and Playlist Lite are the same way. Stereo is fine via Bluetooth, but mono when wired... Any ideas?
    I tried Remix, same thing....

Did anyone test this with another phone (Pre 2/3) that has 2.2.3 or 2.2.4 to see if it has the same problem? I don't have BT myself to test, but wired it's for sure some mixed mono kind of thing.
    But if it is settings? This firmware is pre-release and magnet connector supposed to be only for charging. Need to test with official 2.2.4 on Pre's.
    Another point is to compare system audio configuration files for Veer 2.1.2 and 2.2.3/4.
    I am not sure if it makes a difference with regular headphones or if you have a proper 3,5mm headset, because they have different connectors?

1st one = headset
    2nd one = regular
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Doctored back to 2.1.2 because of no stereo in 2.2.4 and bug in messages (missing buddies tab), also bad signal strength and mad battery drain.
    Doctored back to 2.1.2 because of no stereo in 2.2.4 and bug in messages (missing buddies tab), also bad signal strength and mad battery drain.
    How is your audio? Full stereo now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    How is your audio? Full stereo now?
    Yes, this time it is definitely full stereo.
    Maybe it's time to create another theme for stereo problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alinaki View Post
    Maybe it's time to create another theme for stereo problem?
    No need. Definitely it's 2.2.4 for Veer problem and nothing else. No way to fix it for now until somebody find the right trigger in configs.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    is it safe to update my veer to 2.2.4? would you recommand it? or will it brick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyah View Post
    is it safe to update my veer to 2.2.4? would you recommand it? or will it brick?
    It depends on you
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyah View Post
    Safe until you interrupt the update process Updated even A6 successfully but reverted to 2.1.2 because of severe bugs and higher battery drain.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Safe until you interrupt the update process Updated even A6 successfully but reverted to 2.1.2 because of severe bugs and higher battery drain.
    what bug do you have?
    hey another success here...updated everything except a6...i read its not necessary to update a6...but i still wanted to know what it will change if i update it.
    and another question, someone had problems with skype?
    i was able to log in and chat but wasnt able to talk via skype with anybody, we are just not hearing each other.

thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz89 View Post
    hey another success here...updated everything except a6...i read its not necessary to update a6...but i still wanted to know what it will change if i update it.
    and another question, someone had problems with skype?
    i was able to log in and chat but wasnt able to talk via skype with anybody, we are just not hearing each other.

thanks in advance!
    Well, A6 update is only necessary for TTS working, but if you done modem update, you are also able to do A6 too ...

Skype is working on my veer and i can call and hear any person on my list ...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have succesfully installed 2.2.4 on my veer, but can't seem to get the modem working

When I enter sh mdmupdate.sh it says I already have the latest modenfirmware.

But I do not see the 3g logo and dont have a connection.

I did this before, and previous it was working. Was goes wrong here?

Thanks!

--edit---
    It is not a issue for me to have no 3g because I use mifi for data. But I cannot sign into my profile without it. Or is there another way? Impostah gives me error that de device is not existing
    Quote Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
    I have succesfully installed 2.2.4 on my veer, but can't seem to get the modem working

When I enter sh mdmupdate.sh it says I already have the latest modenfirmware.

But I do not see the 3g logo and dont have a connection.

I did this before, and previous it was working. Was goes wrong here?

Thanks!

--edit---
    It is not a issue for me to have no 3g because I use mifi for data. But I cannot sign into my profile without it. Or is there another way? Impostah gives me error that de device is not existing
    Impostah should do the trick in general. You might want to try your Data/APN settings in the Phone app. It could be it's not correct for your carrier/provider!