Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
  1. #1141  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkai4u View Post
    novacomd is saying that premature closing of socket..what should i do?
    When you get this at the beginning, it's normal, just wait and follow the instructions on-screen!
  2. #1142  
    Yesterday I updated my Veer to 2.2.4. Everything webt fine, but when I did the modem update, I wasn't sure I it completed successfully (there was nothing like a "update successfull" message or something like that). I didn't dare to reboot the phone but instead decided to do it again with PmUpdateModem and the -f option. At the the end i was again not sure if the update has bee successfully completed and while I was thinking about what to do next, novaterm made the decision for me: it crashed and the phone rebooted (I was really scared now!). In the end it came out that everything was fine and the phone is working again, but wouldn't it be a good idea to display a message like "update successfull, rebooting phone now" at the end of the process?
  3. #1143  
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas301 View Post
    Yesterday I updated my Veer to 2.2.4. Everything webt fine, but when I did the modem update, I wasn't sure I it completed successfully (there was nothing like a "update successfull" message or something like that). I didn't dare to reboot the phone but instead decided to do it again with PmUpdateModem and the -f option. At the the end i was again not sure if the update has bee successfully completed and while I was thinking about what to do next, novaterm made the decision for me: it crashed and the phone rebooted (I was really scared now!). In the end it came out that everything was fine and the phone is working again, but wouldn't it be a good idea to display a message like "update successfull, rebooting phone now" at the end of the process?
    These are standard HP/Palm tools, nothing we can do about that... With me it said the following once successful (this was using PmModemUpdater directly, not using mdmupdate.sh though. Could be mdmupdate.sh gives a different output?):
    Code:
    $ Your device is ready for use.
    $ Current options are
    $ root@webos-device:/usr/bin#
  4. #1144  
    after mdmupdate.sh there were just some cryptic numbers and characters. PmModemUpdater also didn't showed me that message but novaterm crashed and the phone rebooted. Obviously, this is not the normal case.
  5. #1145  
    Does skype work on the Veer with 2.2.3/2.2.4?
  6. #1146  
    Yes. Audio-calls and chats.
  7. #1147  
    And how about battery drain? Some say it is significantly better, others that it is the same as 2.1.2.
  8. #1148  
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    Just got my Touchpad and found out, that TTS (Veer <-> Touchpad) working fine over Bluetooth. Received all contacts, messages, calendar entries from Veer ... Sharing web sites is working too!
    Hey! This is serious? Contacts, messages, calendar and web sites shared over Bluetooth?????????????


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  9. #1149  
    Videos are available at herrie82 | HP Veer WebOS 2.2.3/2.2.4 update

    A6 update is included for the ones interested!
  10. #1150  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Hey! This is serious? Contacts, messages, calendar and web sites shared over Bluetooth?????????????


    Best Regards...
    Yes, TTS is communicating over Bluetooth. Phone calls and writing sms messages with Touchpad (paired over BT with Veer) works fine too!
  11. #1151  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipad_user View Post
    And how about battery drain? Some say it is significantly better, others that it is the same as 2.1.2.
    I've personally found that battery drain is OK on 2.2.4 as long as I don't stay connected to Skype/gTalk the whole time - I can go a full day on a single charge if I'm offline most of the time with occasional Skype use, if I stay online the whole time on (especially on 3G) then the phone runs out of juice in around 12~14 hours!!

    (this is based on a few days of testing so is hardly scientific - ymmv)
  12. #1152  
    Thanks alot Herrie for the Great Support Of Video
  13. #1153  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Videos are available at herrie82 | HP Veer WebOS 2.2.3/2.2.4 update

    A6 update is included for the ones interested!
    So, forget my last question in PM Thanks for your effort!!!

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    webOS is simply fabulous

    TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
  14. #1154  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Hey! This is serious? Contacts, messages, calendar and web sites shared over Bluetooth?????????????


    Best Regards...
    Nope. Neither Contacts nor Calendar is shared via Bluetooth. I think that happened during his profile conversion as he added the TouchPad.
    @michel_ng: Be careful. The two devices won't be synchronized, if you have your data just in the Palm Profile. Google, Yahoo and those stuff of course gets synchronized, but not using Bluetooth but web services..

    Websites currently is the only thing that TTS can really share. Some apps might have support, too, but it is not well received for two reasons:
    1. no official hardware (Pre3 only had a "soft" launch, Veer no official update)
    2. It only transmits an url.. ok, in webOs an url can be many things.. but still it's quite a weak feature.

    SMS and Phone sharing just uses Bluetooth and nothing to do with TTS. There are differing reports if SMS are synchronized or not. I did not see a synchronization of them on my devices, which made me disable the feature completely. Also I like typing on the Veer better than on the virtual keyboard, so the Veer handles all my messaging stuff where as the TouchPad handles my browsing needs, if it is with me.

    And how about battery drain? Some say it is significantly better, others that it is the same as 2.1.2.
    For me battery drain is significantly better than with 2.1.2. I have/had Bluetooth & Wifi on all the time and am online with GTalk all the time, too. I don't have Skype setup on the Veer.
    Yesterday I had one incident where something was draining my battery real fast, like 3 hours from 100% to 20% and my audio died... I have read about that issue before on. I don't know if that happened on 2.1.2. I think it never happened to me before on any device... until now the only device where audio died or needed a restart for me was the Touchpad. I will keep an eye on that. But it's the first incident after more than a month of usage. On the other days my battery life was great.
    On good wifi coverage my phone lasted more than two days without charging!
    On poor 3G/2G reception (on my work place) it still manages to cover the whole day and I come back with > 50%, which was more complicated with 2.1.2, which tended to die in the afternoon if not put on the Touchstone.

    Of course that's just me and others might have other experiences.
  15. W0153R's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #1155  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    On poor 3G/2G reception (on my work place) it still manages to cover the whole day and I come back with > 50%, which was more complicated with 2.1.2, which tended to die in the afternoon if not put on the Touchstone.
    Same here, and that's with skype always online. With little to no phonecalls I've generally got 70% left around 19:00, and I've never gotten it below 50% around that time.

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  16. #1156  
    Just reporting my update status:

    Since I got my second (white) Veer, I decided to try the 2.2.4 upgrade.

    I got some error messages when I first ran the touchpanel update (sh tpupdater.sh) but then just used the PmTpUpdater as shown in Herrie's new video and that worked (even though it also output some pretty scary looking error messages - wish I had saved them.

    Anyway all is well and I will go ahead and update my day-to-day black veer now I guess

    I was really surprised at how well webos restored my profile, very nice.

    Thanks Herrie for your efforts supporting the community!
  17. #1157  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirstyRoss View Post
    Just reporting my update status:

    Since I got my second (white) Veer, I decided to try the 2.2.4 upgrade.

    I got some error messages when I first ran the touchpanel update (sh tpupdater.sh) but then just used the PmTpUpdater as shown in Herrie's new video and that worked (even though it also output some pretty scary looking error messages - wish I had saved them.

    Anyway all is well and I will go ahead and update my day-to-day black veer now I guess

    I was really surprised at how well webos restored my profile, very nice.

    Thanks Herrie for your efforts supporting the community!
    Yup the PmTpUpdater sometimes seems to cause some problems. Just retry 2-4 times. Eventually it should work.
  18. #1158  
    Updated my Veer to 2.2.4 successfully: touch panel, modem and A6. Thanks Herrie for his help and video guides! All went smooth, remember not to interrupt update process.

    A6 in my case was:

    Code:
    processing file: /lib/firmware/a6_firmware.txt
    A6 device: /dev/a6_0
    2.51.18 (0x02330012)
    fw file size: 47055
    fw file mapped at: 0x2ac7d000
    
    novacomd socket was closed prematurely
    novacom: unexpected EOF from server
    Just don't be scared, Veer will be fine after power on. Some get this message, others see successful update string.
  19. #1159  
    hey folks,

    i updated the firmware and touchpanel...
    i did a full erase at the device info because i didnt had a data connection and impostah didnt work either...phone rebooted and now i stuck in the inernet-apn settings... :S


    any ideas ?

    edit: okay im now in dev mode again...trying the modeom update...but where exactly should i perform sh mdmupdate.sh?(im on windows)...in novaterm? in cmd?...and as far as i can see i dont have a tmp/media folder

    edit2: okay read it now for a few times...so i guess i dont got the tmp/media folder anymore because of the erase i did...anyways to get it back there without doint all steps again? :/
    Last edited by kaz89; 01/18/2012 at 08:10 AM.
  20. #1160  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alinaki View Post
    ipad_user, we already did it, but on another test Not sure about strenght of both channels, but seems to me, music plays in double mono.
    Same feelings after 2.2.4 upgrade. Not true stereo, but on 2.1.2 it was poor stereo in this case))
    Sound processing even on 2.1.2 was poor like my old ipod shuffle.

Posting Permissions