Page 57 of 74 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
    I tried to force the command, and now all I'm getting is "/bin/sh: can't open /tmp/media/broadwayumts.tar: no such file".
    I just completed the modem update. I had the same exact problems. Follow post #891 by marc25V

WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by a4nkar View Post
    I just completed the modem update. I had the same exact problems. Follow post #891 by marc25V

WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
    Worked like a charm! Now I have both the A6 and the modem updated!
    Thanks!
    Happy for you. What's next
    Quote Originally Posted by mapp View Post
    I tried to force the command, and now all I'm getting is "/bin/sh: can't open /tmp/media/broadwayumts.tar: no such file".
    This sometimes seems to happen when the phone doesn't reboot quickly enough.

You can run:
    Veer22xupdater prepare-updates

This will do the following automatically:
    Mount the /tmp/media
    Copies the files (mdmupdate.sh, tpupdate.sh and broadwayumts.tar.gz
    hey i have changed the directory and then ran Veer22xupdater.bat and now it shows a message that run: Veer22xupdater.bat what to do?
    is there any alternative for downloading novacom and novacomd drivers tahter than that big sdk file ..reply fast please?
    i sent pm
    Quote Originally Posted by kkai4u View Post
    is there any alternative for downloading novacom and novacomd drivers tahter than that big sdk file ..reply fast please?
    universal-novacom-installer - Universal Novacom Installer - Google Project Hosting
    Just got my Touchpad and found out, that TTS (Veer <-> Touchpad) working fine over Bluetooth. Received all contacts, messages, calendar entries from Veer ... Sharing web sites is working too!
    Quote Originally Posted by kkai4u View Post
    hey i have changed the directory and then ran Veer22xupdater.bat and now it shows a message that run: Veer22xupdater.bat what to do?
    Just do:
    Veer22xupdater.bat prepare-updates

It will then mount the partition and copy the files. Then you can just follow the instructions for updating the TouchPanel and Modem
    Hello! I've updated my Veer to 2.2.3 too (needed Skype).
    I bought mine off eBay, the ATT version but unlocked.
    Everything was working fine (edge too).
    After the update (firmware and modem), I can't get the data to work - I don't see the E icon, I can't turn the data on from the menu. I can create a profile just fine, everything else is working - only the data is not. After reading most of the 57 pages, I noticed that few people were having similar problem, but I couldn't find a solution...
    So my question at this point is: Do you think that update removed the "unlock" from the phone, and now the data is still locked to ATT? I am going nutts here, rebooting the phone every 5min testing different things. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by avoev View Post
    Hello! I've updated my Veer to 2.2.3 too (needed Skype).
    I bought mine off eBay, the ATT version but unlocked.
    Everything was working fine (edge too).
    After the update (firmware and modem), I can't get the data to work - I don't see the E icon, I can't turn the data on from the menu. I can create a profile just fine, everything else is working - only the data is not. After reading most of the 57 pages, I noticed that few people were having similar problem, but I couldn't find a solution...
    So my question at this point is: Do you think that update removed the "unlock" from the phone, and now the data is still locked to ATT? I am going nutts here, rebooting the phone every 5min testing different things. Any ideas?
    You might want to double check the APN setting in Phone & Accounts-> Data Settings, just change it to manual and overwrite the APN settings there. That should do the trick
    Another satisfied customer!
    it took me a while to find all the packages to install it with (xcode and macports) but after that, it was a doddle. Didn't do the A6, as I'm not too bothered about the TTS, and I love my Veer!
    Big thanks to everyone involved in this, especially Herrie, as 2.2.4 is awesome! Very nice considering its not OC'd!
    once again, nice one guys! Love this community!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You might want to double check the APN setting in Phone & Accounts-> Data Settings, just change it to manual and overwrite the APN settings there. That should do the trick
    I just fixed it. My mistake was that I did not update the modem, thinking that it was optional... Well, in order to have data you need to update it. So, updated the FW and Modem, Safe Erase (or whatever it was called), and then I got my data back.

Thanks a lot for this update, Herrie!
    And still….what about stereo in headphones on 2.2.4? Did all the tests to say it is mono or stereo?
    Quote Originally Posted by avoev View Post
    I just fixed it. My mistake was that I did not update the modem, thinking that it was optional... Well, in order to have data you need to update it. So, updated the FW and Modem, Safe Erase (or whatever it was called), and then I got my data back.

Thanks a lot for this update, Herrie!
    Guys, you shoul read better ... I already wrote here that modem f/w update is necessary for data working!
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    Guys, you shoul read better ... I already wrote here that modem f/w update is necessary for data working!
    I updated the instructions on my blog, it now has 2 options for activation:

1. When you data connection works and operator/carrier is properly supported (correct settings in carrierdb.json), no need for Impostah and WiFi there

2. When your data connection doesn't work (due to incorrect settings in carrierdb.json or when your operator/carrier in not in carrierdb.json at all). In this case you should use Impostah over WiFi to activate.

I have also added a note that modem update is required in most cases.

I got about 10 new Veers last week and was able to update ALL of them with new modem and A6 update without any issues. I made some videos during the process, which I need to edit a little still, but will post those today or tomorrow too, so people who are reluctant now, can see how the process works
    which installer do i have to put in my phone? help?
    novacomd is saying that premature closing of socket..what should i do?