Page 56 of 74 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by elian View Post
    Any updates? I've had some reboots too when making a call. If that continues, I think about returning to 2.1.2 (didn't have such reboots with that).
    Are you sure you updated the modem firmware? You might want to retry it with the following command (forcing):

In Novaterm/webOS QI:
    cd /usr/bin
    /usr/bin/PmModemUpdater -f < /tmp/media/broadwayumts.tar
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Are you sure you updated the modem firmware? You might want to retry it with the following command (forcing):

In Novaterm/webOS QI:
    cd /usr/bin
    I did try this, but no luck. It seems to be related to 3G, if I turn off 3G I don't see to get the issue. Can anyone confirm that this is the case.
    Pre3/Veer/Touchpad 64 Panda
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

In Novaterm/webOS QI:
    cd /usr/bin
    Thanks. The firmware in device info is BU2.5.00(3500); doesn't that imply that I have the new modem firmware?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mefm247 View Post
    I did try this, but no luck. It seems to be related to 3G, if I turn off 3G I don't see to get the issue. Can anyone confirm that this is the case.
    Do you have a crash everytime you call (when 3G is on)? Perhaps I need to test some more, before concluding I really have a crash problem. I've only had a few crashes up till now, but also a few calls without problems. One of the crashes was when calling through bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by elian View Post
    Thanks. The firmware in device info is BU2.5.00(3500); doesn't that imply that I have the new modem firmware?
    That should be the right version, but sometimes it helps to force the flash. I had also 1 Veer that had quirks which were solved by Doctor and/or forcing flash.
    Are your APN settings correct?
    So I've updated my veer, and it worked flawlessly. However, I'm trying to activate it, and when I try to enter my palm profile into Impostah, I get this message. I've done this before on 2.1, and the problem only started happening after I upgraded, so I figured it would be appropriate to post this here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mapp; 01/13/2012 at 02:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapp View Post
    So I've updated my veer, and it worked flawlessly. However, I'm trying to activate it, and when I try to enter my palm profile into Impostah, I get this message. I've done this before on 2.1, and the problem only started happening after I upgraded, so I figured it would be appropriate to post this here.
    Do a secure full erase, that should solve it in general I also don't know what causes it exactly to be honest...
    Do a secure full erase, that should solve it in general I also don't know what causes it exactly to be honest...
    It just completed the secure full erase, but unfortunately, I'm still getting the error message.
    Do you know of any other way to disable skip firstuse while still connected to wifi?
    Thanks in advance. :]
    *EDIT* Problem solved with a few commands in NovaTerm. :]
    Last edited by mapp; 01/13/2012 at 05:32 PM.
    I just did the upgrade to 2.2.4 and everything is fine, I thought. I set up wifi and tried to activate my account with impostah. I got an error and did a full erase (as recommened). Well, unfortunately my modem driver seems to be non functional and now, with lack of an internet connection, I can't activate my account
    Is there any way to enable dev mode in this state?
    To activate developer mode just type in your phone app #*3386633#

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I just updated my veer also to 2.2.3. I did not do the modem update and I am also getting the same error message as "mapp". Where do I do full erase? on Veer or Impostah?
    Quote Originally Posted by a4nkar View Post
    I just updated my veer also to 2.2.3. I did not do the modem update and I am also getting the same error message as "mapp". Where do I do full erase? on Veer or Impostah?
    It can be found in device info, under "Reset Options".
    Thanks, completed the secure full erase, same problem. "mapp" what did you do in novaterm to get it going?

Edit: With mapp's help, I was able to get the veer up and running. Now, need some additional guidance to update to A6.
    Last edited by a4nkar; 01/13/2012 at 09:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I don't think it was an issue with the previous version as I never had reboots before. I think I've managed to consistently make it reboot under certain conditions, so it's definitely something to do with the firmware.

Will keep you posted if I find a solution.

Cheers
    Never had the issue of the phone rebooting during a call in 2.1.2 either.
    Finally, had the courage and updated to A6. Update completed scucessfully in under 1 minute. Now, debating if I need to update the modem firmware. I am not sure if I will have any benefits, since I do not have a data plan on my unlocked AT&T Veer.
    Another success story here, updated to 2.2.4 with both the modem and A6 updates, I have no reboot problems on phone calls with 2G, 3G or WiFi after testing with them all today and battery life since has also been considerably better.

Big thanks to herrie for his hard work bringing this update to us all.

Dave
    All of my earlier issues have been solved, but now when I try to update the modem, all I get is a disappointing "sh: can't open 'mdmupdate.sh'". Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
    once in novaterm you need to change the directory to /temp/media and then do sh mdmupdate.sh
    Last edited by a4nkar; 01/14/2012 at 05:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapp View Post
    All of my earlier issues have been solved, but now when I try to update the modem, all I get is a disappointing "sh: can't open 'mdmupdate.sh'". Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
    WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer