Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Some have it completing in 40 seconds, some in 5 minutes.
    Yeah, my time was about one minute.
    I guess one other question I have related to this... I have gone through a bunch of the forum pages but wanted to check since I havent seen anything yet

I have enabled beta feeds on my new 2.2.4 version and it looks like there are no kernels available for overclocking. I understand why this would be considering this is new and it is also a very niche group of veer users, but are there any kernels that are usable other than the stock?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by provost View Post
    I guess one other question I have related to this... I have gone through a bunch of the forum pages but wanted to check since I havent seen anything yet

I have enabled beta feeds on my new 2.2.4 version and it looks like there are no kernels available for overclocking. I understand why this would be considering this is new and it is also a very niche group of veer users, but are there any kernels that are usable other than the stock?

Thanks
    Since the 2.2.4 files for the Veer cannot be legally redistributed, WebOS Internals cannot provide kernels for it (we don't do illegal things). You could try using a 2.1.2 kernel on it and see what works - you'll need to manually edit and run the postinst script to do so.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thanks Rod, just the answer I was looking for! I probably won't bother dissecting and reconstructing packages just for overclocking. It is pretty smooth as it is. Thanks for everything you do, you are the man.
    Last edited by provost; 01/10/2012 at 06:22 PM.
    I edit pulse_daemon.conf, like it shown in #945 WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer, and this did not help Music still plays in mono. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alinaki View Post
    I edit pulse_daemon.conf, like it shown in #945 WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer, and this did not help Music still plays in mono. Any suggestions?
    With me it's full stereo in 2.2.3 ...
    Nothing edited, but Mono in 2.2.4 - I think I have to use my Walkman further (200+ new MC here).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Herrie, can you show you /etc/pulse/daemon.conf?
    Herrie, can you show you /etc/pulse/daemon.conf?
    Mine doesn't sound like mono for sure, it could still be, but I DO have sound at both sides. If you have any good samples with left and right, I'm happy to test.

P.s. I am running 2.2.3
    WAV file in archive attached here.

but I DO have sound at both sides
    It doesn't always mean "stereo" It may be "double mono".
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Alinaki; 01/11/2012 at 03:58 AM.
    WAV file in archive attached here.

It doesn't always mean "stereo" It may be "double mono".
    I hear left/right in both sides of the headphone when I listen on my Veer as it seems (forgot my USB cable, so can only do streaming for now). On my laptop it's clearly left in the left headphone and right in the right headphone. I didn't really notice it before.

I'll test in more detail tonight when home.
    I've just checked it out and I definitely have stereo sound on my Veer with WebOS 2.2.4 ... so no troubles so far!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by michel_ng; 01/11/2012 at 08:54 AM.
    Just update from 2.2.3 to 2.2.4 and... still no stereo sound
    I checked again on my 2.2.3. It's not full mono from what I can tell, it just looks like the left and right channels are mixed somehow but not equally strong from what I can tell and played on both left and right.
    Just pick a random song which plays vocal in left and instruments in both.
    Left/Right Stereo Sound Test
    ipad_user, we already did it, but on another test Not sure about strenght of both channels, but seems to me, music plays in double mono.
    ipad_user, we already did it, but on another test Not sure about strenght of both channels, but seems to me, music plays in double mono.
    Same feeling with 2.1.2)
    On my girlfriend's Veer with OS 2.1.2 music plays in full stereo, BUT I don't remember, how it was on my Veer with 2.1.2... oh ...
    Tested mine and it is poor sound processing for sure. Used my AKG 450 with brand new Veer and default music player. Sound quality is like ipod shuffle.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mefm247 View Post
    I don't think it was an issue with the previous version as I never had reboots before. I think I've managed to consistently make it reboot under certain conditions, so it's definitely something to do with the firmware.

Will keep you posted if I find a solution.

Cheers
    Any updates? I've had some reboots too when making a call. If that continues, I think about returning to 2.1.2 (didn't have such reboots with that).

Quote Originally Posted by mefm247 View Post
    I second that, I've had issues with Impostah, and just a normal erase was better, mostly because it will actually restore everything from your previous back up.
    I found that, with a secure full erase, it restores enough for my needs (e.g. text messages, bookmarks, apps). And then I prefer a harder reset.