Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
  1. #1041  
    Quote Originally Posted by SB Jon View Post
    Hello. I've gone through all 52 pages (as best I can given the amount of posts), and I haven't found simple to follow instructions for updating a Veer to 2.2.3. Is it possible for someone to post a sticky on the Veer forum page providing the latest and greatest instructions or to post it in this forum so it is easy for all future readers to find?

    Thanks.
    See herrie82 | HP Veer WebOS 2.2.3/2.2.4 update

    I will get my new Veers next week and will try to make a video as well of the whole process
    gerzhwin and palmaholic like this.
  2. Beninho's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #1042  
    @Herrie


    Thanks for your efforts!

    I've tried the update to 2.2.4. it works like a charm! But, too bad there are no patches available.

    Bug:
    When I send a message with skype I recieve my own message like I got a message from someone else. So there a 2 messages dialogs open.

    Is this normal behavior?
  3. #1043  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
    @Herrie


    Thanks for your efforts!

    I've tried the update to 2.2.4. it works like a charm! But, too bad there are no patches available.

    Bug:
    When I send a message with skype I recieve my own message like I got a message from someone else. So there a 2 messages dialogs open.

    Is this normal behavior?
    I think this happens if you have Skype logged on somewhere else at the same time too, but not 100% sure.
  4. #1044  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
    I've tried the update to 2.2.4. it works like a charm! But, too bad there are no patches available.
    To make a lot of preware patches available for 2.2.4 you have to add 2.1.1 and 2.2.3 feeds into your preware manually ...
  5. Beninho's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #1045  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I think this happens if you have Skype logged on somewhere else at the same time too, but not 100% sure.
    I gues that's not it. I had my laptop closed when I tried. But it is not normal behavior? Like, not everybody has that tiny bug?
  6. #1046  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
    I gues that's not it. I had my laptop closed when I tried. But it is not normal behavior? Like, not everybody has that tiny bug?
    I checked it and I actually also have it... So could be a bug, or "by design".
  7. #1047  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    See herrie82 | HP Veer WebOS 2.2.3/2.2.4 update

    I will get my new Veers next week and will try to make a video as well of the whole process
    That will be great, it may bring me to change my mind and update to 2.2.4
  8. #1048  
    Bug:
    When I send a message with skype I recieve my own message like I got a message from someone else. So there a 2 messages dialogs open.

    Is this normal behavior?
    I had this on me Pre3, too. Which made me actually delete my skype account from the mobile phone... But I'm sure that it was not there in the beginning, but only after a few weeks or so. It's a very strange thing and either it does only affect a few people or most people think of it as normal behaviour or both, because I did not find any posts about it back then... and Pre3 people seem to complain about just everything.
  9. #1049  
    Just update A6, I think you have to do this before run updater:

    1. remove background apps: like twitter...
    2. turn off wifi and bluetooth
    3. reboot


    Then use novaterm and update... I believe this because:

    I tried to PmTpUpdater, but failed and failed again. Then I tried the remove, turn off and reboot, everything was fine.
  10. mlovesu's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #1050  
    Please.. Please.. Please make a video... It would be great.. I m a noob.. I really want to upgrade to 2.2.4 to solve the data problem..

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  11. #1051  
    Quote Originally Posted by indarkness View Post
    Just update A6, I think you have to do this before run updater:

    1. remove background apps: like twitter...
    2. turn off wifi and bluetooth
    3. reboot


    Then use novaterm and update... I believe this because:

    I tried to PmTpUpdater, but failed and failed again. Then I tried the remove, turn off and reboot, everything was fine.
    I don't see what the procedure for getting the PmTpUpdater to work really has to do with the getting the A6 update to finish successfully. Just because this works for one kind of firmware update doesn't mean it will work for any other.
  12. mefm247's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #1052  
    Did anyone have any issues with random reboots during calls? I've had it a few times, after installing the new version. I've reinstalled it twice and all updates went well (modem, touchscreen and a6).

    Thanks for the help.
    Pre3/Veer/Touchpad 64 Panda
  13. #1053  
    If I apply the Herrie's new version (either 2.2.3 or 2.2.4, I guess the later since it's most recent), can i webos doctor my veer back to it's stock 2.1.2 on the odd and unlikely eventually a real/official/semi-official patch comes out?

    Kind of interested in TTS (even if it's a bit of a novelty) and skype but otherwise 2.1.2 is rocking just fine for me.
  14. marc25v's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    #1054  
    Quote Originally Posted by mefm247 View Post
    Did anyone have any issues with random reboots during calls? I've had it a few times, after installing the new version. I've reinstalled it twice and all updates went well (modem, touchscreen and a6).

    Thanks for the help.
    Hi,

    I have experienced your issue a few times already... I noticed it happens most often when you try typing numbers on an active line (ex: Phone banking where you are required to type in the card digits) . The latter happened often if I was connected to my touchpad via Bluetooth.
  15. marc25v's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    #1055  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirstyRoss View Post
    If I apply the Herrie's new version (either 2.2.3 or 2.2.4, I guess the later since it's most recent), can i webos doctor my veer back to it's stock 2.1.2 on the odd and unlikely eventually a real/official/semi-official patch comes out?

    Kind of interested in TTS (even if it's a bit of a novelty) and skype but otherwise 2.1.2 is rocking just fine for me.
    If you use webOS doctor, (hpwebos.com/ROM) , you can revert all drivers back to the stock 2.1.2. (including the modem firmware)
  16. mefm247's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #1056  
    Quote Originally Posted by marc25v View Post
    Hi,

    I have experienced your issue a few times already... I noticed it happens most often when you try typing numbers on an active line (ex: Phone banking where you are required to type in the card digits) . The latter happened often if I was connected to my touchpad via Bluetooth.
    Thanks for the reply, at least I know I'm not alone. Have had issues even when I'm not connected to my Touchpad though.

    The new version is still considerably better, so I'll keep it for now.

    Cheers.
    Pre3/Veer/Touchpad 64 Panda
  17. #1057  
    thanks
  18. #1058  
    Quote Originally Posted by mefm247 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, at least I know I'm not alone. Have had issues even when I'm not connected to my Touchpad though.

    The new version is still considerably better, so I'll keep it for now.

    Cheers.
    I had reboots problem on both firmaware versions (2.1.2 and 2.2.3) running an ATT Veer. This usually happens to me when switching between cells (cellular towers). It seems that the phone is not able to work well on networks different from ATT.
    Next week I'll try the phone in another carrier to see if it's a carrier problem.
  19. elian's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #1059  
    Quote Originally Posted by superbowl_deluxe View Post
    So i decided to do another update, but this time i skipped some steps in herrie´s instruction. Directly after performing the tpupdate.sh i did the mdmupdate.sh. (But keep in mind, i have an unlocked veer).

    After this everything is perfect. The Modem update was no problem at all, i could use the "original activation" using 3G (3G is working right now) and the profile is MY profile (not the Dr. Skipped).
    I also had difficulty with the Impostah-steps. Differently from you, however, I got an error message when trying to activate through Impostah, although I was able to delete the Dr. Skipped. Additionally, I tried with a test account and that was created (got email confirmation and could log in to Palm Profile through my browser), although there continued to be an error message in Impostah. I repeated the entire procedure a couple of times, but it didn't change.
    The I decided to try and skip the Impostah steps and also went from tpupdate to mdmupdate. I then did a secure full erase and went through the regular setup-steps (so no activation with Impostah). All went well.

    Why are the Impostah-steps advised?

    As to phone details: I have an ATT Veer, unlocked and used in Europe.
  20. mefm247's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #1060  
    Quote Originally Posted by andresigno View Post
    I had reboots problem on both firmaware versions (2.1.2 and 2.2.3) running an ATT Veer. This usually happens to me when switching between cells (cellular towers). It seems that the phone is not able to work well on networks different from ATT.
    Next week I'll try the phone in another carrier to see if it's a carrier problem.
    I don't think it was an issue with the previous version as I never had reboots before. I think I've managed to consistently make it reboot under certain conditions, so it's definitely something to do with the firmware.

    Will keep you posted if I find a solution.

    Cheers
    Pre3/Veer/Touchpad 64 Panda

Posting Permissions