Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
  1. #1021  
    Quote Originally Posted by itechnoguy2 View Post
    Thanks! Yeah, I just ran "PmA6Updater -g" and it says version number is 2.54.27.
    By the way, what would be the version number for the updated modem?
    In Device Info->More Info: BU 2.5.00(3500)
  2. #1022  
    herrie thanks for your work. I did both the touchpanel and the modemupdate everything went smoothly. Now I have 2.2.4 with Skype and tts
  3. #1023  
    Observations on my 2.1.2 to 2.2.3 update.

    I started with an unlocked veer, no sim just on wifi.
    Upgrade of OS and Touch-Pannel fw went fine but I had to perform the FSB immediately after upgrade.
    That was because, during the activation step, I ran into the "Service Error (setPalmProfile):"
    When the phone rebooted I used the bypass activation to get into the phone and setup account using impostah.

    I haven't done the modem update yet, but plan to another veer.
    Will i need to have the sim installed for the modem update?

    TIA-
  4. #1024  
    Quote Originally Posted by raycharlesman View Post
    Observations on my 2.1.2 to 2.2.3 update.

    I started with an unlocked veer, no sim just on wifi.
    Upgrade of OS and Touch-Pannel fw went fine but I had to perform the FSB immediately after upgrade.
    That was because, during the activation step, I ran into the "Service Error (setPalmProfile):"
    When the phone rebooted I used the bypass activation to get into the phone and setup account using impostah.

    I haven't done the modem update yet, but plan to another veer.
    Will i need to have the sim installed for the modem update?

    TIA-
    Not sure a sim is required. I did with and without I think sometimes
  5. #1025  
    Herrie,

    My Pre 3 daily driver just up and died. Dead, no power up or boot, no anything. Even tried several batteries which I had fully charged and set aside. No go. I'm certain it's the comms/flash mem board. So until I get my torx drivers out again, I decided I'd use my 2.2.3 Veer. What the heck its got full Touchpad compatability right ...... NOT

    Turns out the HP employee didn't do the A6 update on it before putting it up for sale on eBay (hahahahahah wonder why) oh well, don't use TTS enough to care and not willing to risk bricking the device especially since it's become my daily driver.

    Here's the kicker. Since the Veer 2.2.3 process discussed in here uses my devices memboot backup as its original base for images, I have now personally experienced the out of space error after doing just two root installs. Not enough space to add AT&T Navigator

    How ironic, I used the process described in this thread to redo the 2.2.3 that was originally on my Veer using my own memboot backup after you fixed all the little bugs the seller left behind to trouble us (including root filsystem partition size). Thanks for working so diligently on this project. I now have enough root filesystem space to install everything I've needed (so far).

    You and NB are destined to be recognized as heros in webOS lore ....


    TTB
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 12/31/2011 at 01:41 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
  6. #1026  
    Hello - and a happy new year !

    I performed the update (just like herrie descibes in his blog - many thanks for that) and it worked perfectly. But i had to make some steps 3 times - so i just like to write down what i found out, maybe it will help some of you.

    My device is (was ;-) an unlocked european veer 2.1.x, bought in germany.

    The first attempts, i tried to follow herrieīs instruction and skipped the modem update. I was unable to activate and had no access to my palm profile. 3G was NOT working.

    I could activate my profile using Impostah, but then had the profile called "Dr. Skipped Firstboot". Whatever i tried, i was unable to delete or change this profile. I was also unable to use 3G on my network.

    I made serveral attempts, all with the same result.

    So i decided to do another update, but this time i skipped some steps in herrieīs instruction. Directly after performing the tpupdate.sh i did the mdmupdate.sh. (But keep in mind, i have an unlocked veer).

    After this everything is perfect. The Modem update was no problem at all, i could use the "original activation" using 3G (3G is working right now) and the profile is MY profile (not the Dr. Skipped).

    So .. for all europeans .. maybe there is no need to use these impostah steps.


    Oh, on my way, i found out serveral interesting facts:

    I tried to use the doctor to reset my phone after an unsuccessful update .- the doctor didnīt recognize my phone at all, so the doctor is quite useless.

    Of course, the phone has to be in development mode.


    So once again - thank you very much herrie for your work - i have skype now on my phone ;-)
    Last edited by superbowl_deluxe; 01/01/2012 at 02:30 PM.
  7. #1027  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Herrie,

    My Pre 3 daily driver just up and died. Dead, no power up or boot, no anything. Even tried several batteries which I had fully charged and set aside. No go. I'm certain it's the comms/flash mem board. So until I get my torx drivers out again, I decided I'd use my 2.2.3 Veer. What the heck its got full Touchpad compatability right ...... NOT

    Turns out the HP employee didn't do the A6 update on it before putting it up for sale on eBay (hahahahahah wonder why) oh well, don't use TTS enough to care and not willing to risk bricking the device especially since it's become my daily driver.

    Here's the kicker. Since the Veer 2.2.3 process discussed in here uses my devices memboot backup as its original base for images, I have now personally experienced the out of space error after doing just two root installs. Not enough space to add AT&T Navigator

    How ironic, I used the process described in this thread to redo the 2.2.3 that was originally on my Veer using my own memboot backup after you fixed all the little bugs the seller left behind to trouble us (including root filsystem partition size). Thanks for working so diligently on this project. I now have enough root filesystem space to install everything I've needed (so far).

    You and NB are destined to be recognized as heros in webOS lore ....


    TTB
    Barry,

    Happy to see your own backup was useful for a better Veer for you too !

    It was indeed odd that your partitions were not properly sized. I fixed this is the new dump that I made based on your backup

    Happy to be of help!
  8. #1028  
    Quote Originally Posted by superbowl_deluxe View Post
    Hello - and a happy new year !

    I performed the update (just like herrie descibes in his blog - many thanks for that) and it worked perfectly. But i had to make some steps 3 times - so i just like to write down what i found out, maybe it will help some of you.

    My device is (was ;-) an unlocked european veer 2.1.x, bought in germany.

    The first attempts, i tried to follow herrieīs instruction and skipped the modem update. I was unable to activate and had no access to my palm profile. 3G was NOT working.

    I could activate my profile using Impostah, but then had the profile called "Dr. Skipped Firstboot". Whatever i tried, i was unable to delete or change this profile. I was also unable to use 3G on my network.

    I made serveral attempts, all with the same result.

    So i decided to do another update, but this time i skipped some steps in herrieīs instruction. Directly after performing the tpupdate.sh i did the mdmupdate.sh. (But keep in mind, i have an unlocked veer).

    After this everything is perfect. The Modem update was no problem at all, i could use the "original activation" using 3G (3G is working right now) and the profile is MY profile (not the Dr. Skipped).

    So .. for all europeans .. maybe there is no need to use these impostah steps.


    Oh, on my way, i found out serveral interesting facts:

    I tried to use the doctor to reset my phone after an unsuccessful update .- the doctor didnīt recognize my phone at all, so the doctor is quite useless.

    Of course, the phone has to be in development mode.


    So once again - thank you very much herrie for your work - i have skype now on my phone ;-)
    Strange about the Doctor not recognizing your Veer... You should be able to fix that though with the "reboot-org" parameter of batch/makefile.
  9. #1029  
    I donīt think i will try the doctor again, i spent to many hours in setting everything up. But ... when i tried the doctor on the 2.2.4, it didnīt work.

    But for now, my veer is working perfectly. The main things i didnīt like on 2.1.1 are working - and so far i canīt see new bugs (of course i will find them later)

    The hotspot is now working WITH password-protection, help is available (wasnīt on my 2.1.1), Skype is there.

    What more to ask for. ;-)
  10. #1030  
    how about an official release. They have updated all the other phones ota, why not the veer??
  11. kamalot's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    #1031  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeb.meyer View Post
    how about an official release. They have updated all the other phones ota, why not the veer??
    Isn't it obvious?
    HP is waiting for me to try and update my phone, bricking it in the process. Once I've bricked my only Veer, HP will release an OTA update for everyone else.

    ;-)
  12. #1032  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeb.meyer View Post
    how about an official release. They have updated all the other phones ota, why not the veer??
    The Veer was released through carriers, therefore OTA release schedules are at the whim of those carriers.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #1033  
    Thats exactly the reason why i did the update yesterday. I doubt that carriers are interested in releasing updates - why should they be interested in devices with an os not longer supported. Isnīt AT&T giving away the unlocking codes for free?
  14. #1034  
    Anyone know when Hp update this verion thought OTA?
    I used unclocked veer ATT in VietNam,so i scare my phone will be brick
  15. #1035  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The Veer was released through carriers, therefore OTA release schedules are at the whim of those carriers.

    -- Rod
    Not all. Most German Veers for example were sold directly to the users without any contract. Even if you bought your phone at O2-Germany for example you got it without a contract, lock or anything else, but for the full price

    I hope they didn't update the carrier-less phones just because they still want to accommodate 2.2.4 for the Veer (while probably still dedicating most efforts into open-sourcing webOS). Nevertheless it then probably will take them even longer to update those AT&T-Veers OTA.

    But for the Meta-Doctor I guess it's sufficient to have ONE official 2.2.4-Veer-Doctor
  16. #1036  
    Quote Originally Posted by nghia3d View Post
    Anyone know when Hp update this verion thought OTA?
    I used unclocked veer ATT in VietNam,so i scare my phone will be brick
    I did the update processes three times with no issues at all. My suggestion is that before you start updating your phone, do a Secure full erase, and the boot the phone in recovery mode, do the updates of TP and Modem (both during the same session), then do another secure full erase, and you are done. I did the modem update every time with no issues so far.
    So be confident and enjoy the 2.2.3 version.
    Regards
  17. #1037  
    Well, i was able to doctor every of my Veers from 2.2.3/2.2.4 back to 2.1.1 ... Official WebOS Doctor downgrades modem and A6 firmware too!
  18. st_7's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #1038  
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    Well, i was able to doctor every of my Veers from 2.2.3/2.2.4 back to 2.1.1 ... Official WebOS Doctor downgrades modem and A6 firmware too!
    same here, no problems in downgrading using official webos doctor, i've done this 4-5 times till now.
  19. #1039  
    Quote Originally Posted by vito-andolini View Post
    Not all. Most German Veers for example were sold directly to the users without any contract. Even if you bought your phone at O2-Germany for example you got it without a contract, lock or anything else, but for the full price
    The contract does not matter... all the Veers sold in germany are somehow "connected" to O2. I bought my phone directly from Amazon and HP/Palm tell me that I got an O2 Germany Phone if I give them my serial number. So to some point O2 is responsible for the phones.

    But I still doubt that the carriers are blocking an OTA update. They are usually supporting phones much longer than the hardware manufacturers themselves... I think there is more truth in what chuq sometime last year said: The hardware people are gone. There is nobody dedicated to adapt and test webOs on hardware anymore, so the process of all updates for real hardware will get much slower if there is any process at all.
  20. SB Jon's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #1040  
    Hello. I've gone through all 52 pages (as best I can given the amount of posts), and I haven't found simple to follow instructions for updating a Veer to 2.2.3. Is it possible for someone to post a sticky on the Veer forum page providing the latest and greatest instructions or to post it in this forum so it is easy for all future readers to find?

    Thanks.

Posting Permissions