Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    I tried the webOS doctor 2.2.3 just for fun and like everyone said, it did not work. I got my Veer secondhand from a lady who did not seem that into WebOS, but I will still try to contact her and see if she tweaked it herself. My Veer came unlocked but the case says AT&T like all of the rest.
    Ugh, I would seriously just buy one with 2.2.3 if I could figure out which ones actually had it. The seller on the first page doesn't have any more listed.

Could WebOS internals do anything with one of these 2.2.3 Veers? I would be willing to pitch in!
    dinod#WN likes this.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Heres one i found. couldnt find any other. Hopefully someone is kind and capable enough to buy this and discover the secret of 2.2.3

http://www.ebay.ph/itm/260883085836?...#ht_500wt_1156
    Heres one i found. couldnt find any other. Hopefully someone is kind and capable enough to buy this and discover the secret of 2.2.3

This seller sells in the US only. I would have placed a bid on it, but as I live in France, I'm not sure he would be willing to seal the deal :/
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ran495 View Post

unlikey that he has the webos doctor, he's selling the phone used and only has one of it

besides, only having the phone wont make everyone get 2.2.3
    getting the webos doctor for that version on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    This seller sells in the US only. I would have placed a bid on it, but as I live in France, I'm not sure he would be willing to seal the deal :/
    you should contact him, maybe he'll let you
    when can we update to 2.2.3
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xuefeixyg View Post
    when can we update to 2.2.3
    When you can find the Veer 2.2.3 webOS Doctor for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by ran495 View Post

I just sent him a question to make sure it has 2.2.3 and if it does, I'll try to buy it. I'll report back if I end up getting it
    Quote Originally Posted by WinampLlama View Post
    I just sent him a question to make sure it has 2.2.3 and if it does, I'll try to buy it. I'll report back if I end up getting it
    He just responded saying it's 2.1.2
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    my apologies i guess i got a little over excited
    I went into my Palm Profile last night and it said I had WebOS version 2.2.3 but when I clicked the link for the WebOS doctor it gave me the 2.1.2 version. So I really have no idea how it got to be a 2.2.3 Veer but I will take it and stop wondering why.
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    If you guys are really desperate to get this, you might take a look at the threads here about 2.1.0 on the Pixi. I sorta have the recollection that there was never a doctor for that and the files were extracted from a phone that got out into the wild somehow. I could be wrong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by trwrt View Post
    If you guys are really desperate to get this, you might take a look at the threads here about 2.1.0 on the Pixi. I sorta have the recollection that there was never a doctor for that and the files were extracted from a phone that got out into the wild somehow. I could be wrong though.
    Digging through some old threads, I found another vietnamese user who got a Pixi with 2.1 in the wild and nuttybunny walked him through backing it up.

If the OP is willing, and so is nuttybunny, maybe we could do the same thing? From what I can tell, all you need to do is go through the backup procedure in the second link (adjusted for the Veer, so you would probably use the veer gsm 2.1.2 doctor and then for device instead of DEVICE=pixiplus put in DEVICE=veer )
    Digging through some old threads, I found another vietnamese user who got a Pixi with 2.1 in the wild and nuttybunny walked him through backing it up.

If the OP is willing, and so is nuttybunny, maybe we could do the same thing? From what I can tell, all you need to do is go through the backup procedure in the second link (adjusted for the Veer, so you would probably use the veer gsm 2.1.2 doctor and then for device instead of DEVICE=pixiplus put in DEVICE=veer )
    I thought Cygwin was not supported anymore on Windows and we should use VirtualBox instead now?

I'm trying both now on my 2.1.2 Veer. Does anyone know if WebOS Internals is down? GIT cannot seem to connect to get the MetaDoctor. Also I cannot connect from my browser
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/03/2011 at 04:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I thought Cygwin was not supported anymore on Windows and we should use VirtualBox instead now?

I'm trying both now on my 2.1.2 Veer. Does anyone know if WebOS Internals is down? GIT cannot seem to connect to get the MetaDoctor. Also I cannot connect from my browser
    From what I can tell from that second link, it is unsupported because it doesn't work for the entire doctoring processes but it does work for backing up. Though, it's possible it's changed since that thread is months old.

But it looks down to me. The site's is timing out for me.
    From what I can tell from that second link, it is unsupported because it doesn't work for the entire doctoring processes but it does work for backing up. Though, it's possible it's changed since that thread is months old.

But it looks down to me. The site's is timing out for me.
    OK, well I can test with both Cygwin and VirtualBox once it's up and compare the files If both are identical we do Cygwin I guess, it's a little more straight forward I guess

I'm happy to have a Remote Desktop/VPN/Desktop Sharing session with a user that has the 2.2.3 in order to do the backup
    OK WebOS Internals seems to be back. And indeed Meta-Doctor via Cygwin DOESN'T work!

"$ make DEVICE=veer CARRIER=wr memboot backup
    Makefile:1217: *** Using Cygwin on Windows is not a valid MetaDoctor option. Se
    e the Wiki page and use WUBI instead.. Stop."
    Anyone has any ideas about this one? I followed instructions from here to get MetaDoctor working via Ubuntu in VirtualBox:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ation-etc.html

Code:
    herrie@herrie-VirtualBox:~/meta-doctor$ make DEVICE=veer CARRIER=att memboot backup
    rm -rf build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2
    mkdir -p build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp160unaatt-2.1.2.jar build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/webosdoctorp160unaatt-2.1.2.jar
    ( cd build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2 ; \
    		unzip -q webosdoctorp160unaatt-2.1.2.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    			resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    ( cd build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2 ; \
    		unzip -q webosdoctorp160unaatt-2.1.2.jar resources/att.tar )
    mkdir -p build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/webOS
    tar -C build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/webOS \
    		-f build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/resources/webOS.tar -x
    cp scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/webOS/BootLogo.tga
    mkdir -p build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/carrier
    tar -f build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/resources/att.tar -t \
    		> build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/carrier-file-list.txt
    tar -C build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/carrier \
    		-f build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/resources/att.tar -x
    gunzip -f build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/webOS/nova-cust-image-broadway.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/rootfs
    tar -C build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/rootfs --wildcards \
    		-f build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/webOS/nova-cust-image-broadway.rootfs.tar \
    		-x ./usr/lib/ipkg/info
    rm -f build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/ipkgs-file-list.txt
    for package in com.palm.app.firstuse palmbuildinfo ; do \
    	  if [ -f build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.list ] ; then \
    	    cat build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.list | \
    		sed -e 's|^|.|' >> build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/ipkgs-file-list.txt ; \
    	  fi ; \
    	done
    tar -C build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/rootfs --wildcards \
    		-f build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/webOS/nova-cust-image-broadway.rootfs.tar \
    		-x -T build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/ipkgs-file-list.txt ./boot ./lib/modules ./md5sums*
    touch build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/.unpacked
    novacom -w run file://sbin/tellbootie recover || true
    /bin/sh: novacom: not found
    novacom -w boot mem:// < build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/webOS/nova-installer-image-broadway.uImage
    make: *** [memboot] Error 127
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Anyone has any ideas about this one? I followed instructions from here to get MetaDoctor working via Ubuntu in VirtualBox:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ation-etc.html

Code:
    *snip*
    touch build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/.unpacked
    novacom -w run file://sbin/tellbootie recover || true
    novacom -w boot mem:// < build/veer-p160una-att-2.1.2/webOS/nova-installer-image-broadway.uImage
    make: *** [memboot] Error 127
    from the looks of it novacom isnt installed?
    i'll be trying this too in a few hours, i'll see if i can get any progress
    Quote Originally Posted by tEhLoNeR View Post
    from the looks of it novacom isnt installed?
    i'll be trying this too in a few hours, i'll see if i can get any progress
    Yup looks like it.... It wasn't mentioned anywhere. Does anyone have proper instructions for Ubuntu 11.04 or can I follow the ones at https://developer.palm.com/index.php...t=page&id=1585 ?