Page 46 of 74 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
  1. #901  
    When you go back to 2.1.x the Doctor will revert the firmwares to 2.1.x for TP, Modem and A6!
  2. #902  
    Hi Herrie,

    I just wonder why 2.2.3/4 system for Veer still used kernel 2.6.29. It should be .32 as palm opensource website said, isn't it?
  3. #903  
    Herrie, can we hope for really safe method of 2.2.4 fw upgrade?
    Thanks in advance for your answer
  4. st_7's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #904  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipad_user View Post
    Herrie, can we hope for really safe method of 2.2.4 fw upgrade?
    Thanks in advance for your answer
    This method of upgrading veer to 2.2.4 by herrie is safe if you omit the A6 firmware update & as long as you follow instructions word by word. Both Modem firmware & Touchpanel firmware upgrade is safe.
  5. #905  
    Quote Originally Posted by st_7 View Post
    This method of upgrading veer to 2.2.4 by herrie is safe if you omit the A6 firmware update & as long as you follow instructions word by word. Both Modem firmware & Touchpanel firmware upgrade is safe.
    Ok, but why Herrie wrote that he excluded instructions for A6 modem fw upgrade because of 7 bricked Veers? It seems that A6 upgrade is not so safe to be done.
    Or am I wrong?
    Without modem fw upgrade there will be no data transfer via cellular network and no skype as I understood.
  6. #906  
    The A6 is not the modem. It's a circuit responsible for power control and (with the new firmware) for touch to share.
  7. #907  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbock View Post
    The A6 is not the modem. It's a circuit responsible for power control and (with the new firmware) for touch to share.
    Ok, if I do all steps without modem fw upgrade….will I have my Veer fully functional?
    For what purpose modem fw upgrade should be done and I wonder if it is safe or not at all?
  8. #908  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipad_user View Post
    Ok, but why Herrie wrote that he excluded instructions for A6 modem fw upgrade because of 7 bricked Veers? It seems that A6 upgrade is not so safe to be done.
    Or am I wrong?
    Without modem fw upgrade there will be no data transfer via cellular network and no skype as I understood.
    There is no safe method to update the A6 FW via software. Unlike the modem, touchpanel, etc., chipset, the A6 does not allow for infinite rewrite via the USB bus. So basically if it fails the first time, your phone is bricked. That's why the A6 update is not for the faint of heart. If you're afraid it will brick your phone, DON'T DO IT. If you're adventurous and love the goodness that is TTS, then go for it. Also, some folks were able to get TTS to work without updating the A6 chip if I'm not mistaken, so try and see if it works without the update.

    Herrie, how did the JTAG procedure go for you?
  9. #909  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipad_user View Post
    Ok, if I do all steps without modem fw upgrade….will I have my Veer fully functional?
    For what purpose modem fw upgrade should be done and I wonder if it is safe or not at all?
    You need modem upgrade to make 3G work. The modem upgrade is pretty safe..if you don't get it to work the first time, try:

    PmModemUpdate -m -o -e < (firmware)

    then

    PmModemUpdate -f < (firmware)

    JUST DON'T REBOOT YOUR VEER IF THE MODEM DID NOT UPDATE PROPERLY
    ipad_user likes this.
  10. #910  
    when I have 2.2.3 now with tp and modem fw updated and I want to try 2.2.4 is it required to make new tp and modem fw? Or it's same as in 2.2.3 ?

    thanks
  11. #911  
    Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    when I have 2.2.3 now with tp and modem fw updated and I want to try 2.2.4 is it required to make new tp and modem fw? Or it's same as in 2.2.3 ?

    thanks
    WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
  12. #912  
    Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    when I have 2.2.3 now with tp and modem fw updated and I want to try 2.2.4 is it required to make new tp and modem fw? Or it's same as in 2.2.3 ?

    thanks
    Same as 223, long thread :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  13. #913  
    I know the A6 update is what is keeping this whole process from perfect, are there any other phones that would have this "same update", if so maybe theres something to be pulled from them.
  14. #914  
    Sorry guys , which is the command in novaterm to stop the updates notifications of the App Catalog apps ?

    -- sent from my HP Touchpad 4G
    - HP Veer --
  15. st_7's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #915  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    Sorry guys , which is the command in novaterm to stop the updates notifications of the App Catalog apps ?
    I'm not sure whether the following commands stops the app catalog update notifications but it should stop system updates

    Code:
    cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod -x UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /
    
    Then, either reboot or execute:
    killall UpdateDaemon
    
    No more executing the update program.
    
    
    Re-Enable Updates
    
    If you disabled your update you might want to re-enable it at some point.
    
    cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod +x UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /
    
    Then restart your phone and automatic updating should be back.
    This is been given in the following post of Herrie: WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
  16. #916  
    I found some 2.2.3 bug, I don't know if it's only in my phone, but whe you open favorites contacts and expand other numbers after click on phone number it's doing crazy things

    I will try 2.2.4, if it's same.

    [EDIT]

    bug is same in 2.2.4, but I have better (smooth) feel with 2.2.4 system
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by panel; 12/15/2011 at 05:54 AM.
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  17. jeromem75's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #917  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flapke View Post
    When I try to update the touchpanel firmware, I get another error:

    id: 0582, family/die: 70, major rev: 12
    installed version: 13
    timed out polling irq fd 3
    error reading version, update must be forced to continue

    Modem update also gave errors, because the /tmp partition was full, so I had to run that from somewhere else, but this went fine.

    Edit: forced the update with "PmTpUpdater -f", everything seems to be working now, thanks!
    Can someone give me the command to fix it ?
    I do not know what to do with PmTpUpdater -f

    Thx :-)

    Eit: found it:
    In Novaterm do:

    cd /usr/bin
    PmTpUpdater -a -f

    Wait for it to finish and do:
    start hidd
    Last edited by jeromem75; 12/15/2011 at 12:34 PM.
  18. #918  
    Wow this is really quite a long thread. I read Herrie blog and I want to try update my Veer.

    But before I update my Veer I want to know everything important before and after upgrade. Anyone can simplified this long thread to become points that need to be noticed?

    Such as problem after update the modem, touchpanel, no patches, or something else, maybe no 3G data? My Veer is unlocked AT&T version, and I need 2100mhz bandwidth to get 3G data.
  19. #919  
    I have a problem...followed Herrie's directions...mirrored the directory structure and ran the bat file and then...

    Rebooting your phone into recovery mode ...
    Thu Dec 15 22:37:29 2011
    novacomd socket was closed prematurely
    novacom: unexpected EOF from server
    Waiting for the phone to come back (20 seconds)
    Done!
    "Transfer nova installer to device and reboot your device with it ..."
    failed to connect to server
    Waiting for the phone to come back (20 seconds)
    The fun begins.DESTROYING ALL YOUR VEER PARTITIONS.

    That's where I am at the moment. Phone is still is USB mode and cmd window open at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Long live webOS! and THANK YOU!
  20. #920  
    Quote Originally Posted by boomerunoz View Post
    I have a problem...followed Herrie's directions...mirrored the directory structure and ran the bat file and then...

    Rebooting your phone into recovery mode ...
    Thu Dec 15 22:37:29 2011
    novacomd socket was closed prematurely
    novacom: unexpected EOF from server
    Waiting for the phone to come back (20 seconds)
    Done!
    "Transfer nova installer to device and reboot your device with it ..."
    failed to connect to server
    Waiting for the phone to come back (20 seconds)
    The fun begins.DESTROYING ALL YOUR VEER PARTITIONS.

    That's where I am at the moment. Phone is still is USB mode and cmd window open at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Long live webOS! and THANK YOU!
    Not 100% sure, could be you need to have your phone in developer mode (#*3386633#) before you can update from USB mode. I always have my phone in Dev-mode so I am actually not sure if it's required or not.

Posting Permissions