Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by marc25v View Post
    kk. Should I attempt to unplug it. From what I saw in the log, it had flushed my device and partitions and then recreated it successfully and the message suggesting that I could now use webOS doctor appear. Then it continued and threw the error right after.
    Look I think that error was basically your computer saying "I cant talk to your device" pretty sure if it can't talk to it, it shouldn't matter if you unplug it? But I don't wanna be giving you bad advise, I have no great knowledge in this area.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Look I think that error was basically your computer saying "I cant talk to your device" pretty sure if it can't talk to it, it shouldn't matter if you unplug it? But I don't wanna be giving you bad advise, I have no great knowledge in this area.
    Ok well I unplugged it and it simply stays stuck on USB icon. How do you reset it?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Ok my device has now exited recovery mode but now it displays the HP logo for about 10 seconds and restarts, showing the logo again and doing the same process over again.

I tried connecting webOS doctor while it is doing this process, but it doesn't recognize the device as being connected.

Anybody can help at this point? Thanks!
    Ok my device has now exited recovery mode but now it displays the HP logo for about 10 seconds and restarts, showing the logo again and doing the same process over again.

I tried connecting webOS doctor while it is doing this process, but it doesn't recognize the device as being connected.

Anybody can help at this point? Thanks!
    Edit: Since you have got to this point :-)

OK, you need to hold down the power button and then toggle the mute button, more than 3 times, then hold power and up volume while it restarts, at which point you will see a BIG usb logo on the screen

marc25v likes this.
    After that, you can use a "Normal" doctor and go back to 2.1.1/2 or you can try again? but I would wait, there is obviously a problem with your setup or that bat file, I had a similar problem with the windows file, ended up using a mac and the makefile.

marc25v likes this.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Edit: Since you have got to this point :-)

OK, you need to hold down the power button and then toggle the mute button, more than 3 times, then hold power and up volume while it restarts, at which point you will see a BIG usb logo on the screen
    It worked!!!!
    It worked!!!!
    Great! So at this point the phone is in a recoverable situation, where you go from here is up to you :-)

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Ok one more question. My phone is now on 2.2.4 successfully. I now am missing Data. I suppose its because I haven't run A6 modem upgrade... Correct?

If so, how do I proceed? The files the batch installed on my device are no longer in the /tmp/media folder.

Thanks!
    Herrie in his guide mentions "Enjoy TTS, Skype and other new features and bug fixes" after you do the modem update. In my case, I see Skype and I can do SMS/ Call sharing, but TTS is not working.
    Do I need to do additional updates? Don't see any further steps in the guide.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by krumbs View Post
    Herrie in his guide mentions "Enjoy TTS, Skype and other new features and bug fixes" after you do the modem update. In my case, I see Skype and I can do SMS/ Call sharing, but TTS is not working.
    Do I need to do additional updates? Don't see any further steps in the guide.
    Thanks!
    Sorry for TTS you need A6 update, but it failed for about 7 or people and bricked their Veer, so I removed those instructions for now!
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Actually to my own issue,

I used the following instructions from herrie:

In Novaterm:

mkdir -p /tmp/media
    mount /dev/mapper/store-media /tmp/media

On command line pc/linux/mac:
    novacom run file://bin/cp -- /usr/lib/modem/broadwayumts.tar.gz /tmp/media
    novacom run file://bin/gzip -- -d /tmp/media/broadwayumts.tar.gz

In Novaterm:
    cd /usr/bin
    PmModemUpdater < /tmp/media/broadwayumts.tar
    kk. Should I attempt to unplug it. From what I saw in the log, it had flushed my device and partitions and then recreated it successfully and the message suggesting that I could now use webOS doctor appear. Then it continued and threw the error right after.
    Do not reboot or unplug (the later should be harmless, but we want to be careful).

Try in this order:

1. restart Novaterm (this obviously needed)
    2. re-run batch from Herrie
    3. try to doctor a earlier WebOS-Version
    For data working you have to update your modem fw ...
    Now that your all awake, can anyone answer this? Anyone know if Herries commands in the 2.2.4 makfile are generic to both 2.2.3 and 2.2.4? ie I'm at 2.2.4, could I go back to 2.2.3 with the latest makefile?

Now that your all awake, can anyone answer this? Anyone know if Herries commands in the 2.2.4 makfile are generic to both 2.2.3 and 2.2.4? ie I'm at 2.2.4, could I go back to 2.2.3 with the latest makefile?
    you can switch from one to another one yeah . Use the specific makefile and all works

I've update A6 successfully and TTS with my Touchpad works great !
    - HP Veer --
    can somebody help with touch screen fw update problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    can somebody help with touch screen fw update problem?
    Try to do "stop hidd" before you do the update. I didn't see this one before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Try to do "stop hidd" before you do the update. I didn't see this one before?
    no, can I do "PmTpUpdater" on normally booted device ? or do I have to boot it to recovery ?
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    firmware is up-to-date
    retrieving rom data...
    global idac table: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    bad rom directory self entry: id=00 block=00 offset=00 size=00
    unable to retrieve local idac table
    unable to retrieve panel id
    unable to retrieve scratch data
    panel needs calibration
    calibrating panel...
    global idac table: 140 144 147 150 152 151 142 132 145 146 147 148 148 126
    error retrieving local idac table

[EDIT]

thanks you for your help and your work on this, I really appreciate and will be some little donation from me
    I have two questions:

1. modem update have to be done in normal booted mode with stopped hidd ?

2. In case of 2.1.0 recovery, it will works with touchpanel and modem updated ?

Thank you for your answer and sorry for my some noob questions.

[EDIT]

modem update successful

thank you very much guys you are great
    Last edited by panel; 12/14/2011 at 06:57 AM.