Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by destine1 View Post
    Don't think there is a way to do a data erase from the CLI. There are other things that Herrie should add to the Makefile to simplify the activation/patch installation process though.

Bypass First Use App:
    touch /var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use
    touch /var/luna/preferences/first-use-profile-created

Enable Developer Mode:
    touch /var/gadget/novacom_enabled

Enable Beta Feeds:
    touch /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.preware/enable-beta-feeds

Disable Update Daemon:
    chmod -x /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon
    chmod -x /usr/bin/OmaDm

Disable Upload Daemon:
    chmod -x /usr/bin/uploadd
    chmod -x /usr/bin/contextupload
    chmod -x /rootfs/usr/bin/rdxd

For more info on what each option does, read the 'Makefile' in your meta-doctor directory

I find these mods useful when you first get your Veer and try to activate it without 3G. Once you turn on your Veer for the first time, connect to your wireless AP. Then, enable the First Use App to activate your profile (or use Impostah). To enable the First Use App:

rm -f /var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use
    rm -f /var/luna/preferences/first-use-profile-created

then reboot the phone.
    Isn't First Use App automatically bypassed when you enable DevMode? The backup for both 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 were taken when the phone was in DevMode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Isn't First Use App automatically bypassed when you enable DevMode? The backup for both 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 were taken when the phone was in DevMode.
    Looks to be 2 different things webOS is looking for, but it would be an interesting experiment. Herrie, mind trying this out? If you do:

rm -f /var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use
    rm -f /var/luna/preferences/first-use-profile-created

then reboot your phone. If the First Use app comes up, then it means you need both flags; if it doesn't, then we know that enabling Dev mode automatically bypasses First Use. I've enabled Dev mode on my Pre, but it still ran the First Use app until I add in the above flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    cd /usr/bin PmA6Updater -g
    Hey i'm at 2.2.3 with successful modem and tp updates already. If I go to 2.2.4, should I still run the updates? ie: were the firmware versions different?

Also If I was to run the A6 update, am i best to do that last or first?
    Also should I stop other services before I do this? ie: get a full list of running services, type "initctl list | grep running". To stop a service, type "stop <service name>"

TIA
    Dave

Edit: ran 224, then went to run tp update, but it said same version and didn't run.
    didn't bother with modem update after that.
    Last edited by dbmgreen; 12/11/2011 at 11:43 PM.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Hey i'm at 2.2.3 with successful modem and tp updates already. If I go to 2.2.4, should I still run the updates? ie: were the firmware versions different?
    Good question..has anyone done an md5sum on the FW to see if they are different? If not, can someone please do that real quick?

md5sum (whatever the FW name is)
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    were the firmware versions different?
    the firmware versions are same for 2.2.3 & 2.2.4, i think he already mentioned here: WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by st_7 View Post
    the firmware versions are same for 2.2.3 & 2.2.4, i think he already mentioned here: WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
    Yeah he mentions modem and A6 here, I suppose tp either works of it doesn't, less risk in the update too.

Did anyone notice the HSPA+ symbol appeared instead of the 3G symbol in 223, and disappeared in 224 to be replaced by the 3G symbol again?

Did anyone notice the HSPA+ symbol appeared instead of the 3G symbol in 223, and disappeared in 224 to be replaced by the 3G symbol again?
    Yeah , in 223 i have H+

A6 update is the last you must do
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    A6 update is the last you must do
    way too scared to do this :-O

Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Did anyone install this patch in India, without the Modem & A6 update.
    Does it work with Airtel 3G Network.
    I am on Airtel (Mumbai). I updated to 2.2.4 without doing the "risky" modem update. 3G did not work. In fact, data did not work.
    So took the plunge and went ahead with the modem update. Luckily, everything went smoothly and after a reset, 3G started working fine.
    Note, as per the guide, the phone is supposed to reboot after the modem update. That did not happen in my case. I had to manually reboot the phone.
    2.2.3 is for US_devices and 2.2.4 is for EU_devices, that is why H+ and 3G ;-) But there is no much difference between, so you can use it in reverse sequence too ...
    You can patch 2.2.4 with the show umts/hdspa patch from the 2.2.3 feeds and 3G is gone.
    When I installed 2.2.3, I also did the modem and A6 updates. Now I updated to 2.2.4 and after a full erase, my data does not seem to work and I can't sign into my palm account. Changing the APN settings doesn't help, even though it says '3G' in the top bar.

Edit: Ok, solved it by bypassing activation and then redoing it with Impostah. Somehow 3G does work after that whole cycle.

And I just want to thank everyone here and especially Herrie for making this possible
    Last edited by Flapke; 12/12/2011 at 07:21 AM.
    Herrie and all that are involved thanks for the great work!!!!

Updated my veer today to 2.2.3 with tp and modem, update no problems at all! Still holding out for the A6 update( any progress?) so I can get tts to work on my TP. Phone is finally getting to where HP said it would thanks to you! Great job guys!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    after my first two days with veer 2.2.4, my impression is very positive: skype works perfectly even without headset, gps works now very reliable and fast
    unfortunately my favorite app smartrunner (for tracing cycling and running excercises) doesnt work anymore. the program just doesnt save or upload a route. according to the user feedback a smilar problem is apparent with the pre3...
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wickie View Post
    after my first two days with veer 2.2.4, my impression is very positive: skype works perfectly even without headset, gps works now very reliable
    A further advantage of the 2.2.4 version is that the problem with the battery drain appears to be solved. Last night no signiifant loss in charge during Flight Mode,
    before the update there was such a severe loss in charge that I either had to sitch the veer off during night or to charge it.
    please, somebody knows how to get partitions info ? I found lvm.static binary, but I donw know proper parameter.

[EDIT]

thanks to rwhitby: /usr/bin/lvm.static lvdisplay
    Last edited by panel; 12/13/2011 at 06:14 AM.
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    I think found mistake on line 17 (section uninstall-from-recovery) in Veer22xupdater.bat

There is: "call :rebuildorg", but I think there have to be "call :rebuild-org"
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    I think found mistake on line 17 (section uninstall-from-recovery) in Veer22xupdater.bat

There is: "call :rebuildorg", but I think there have to be "call :rebuild-org"
    Yup you're right. Will fix it when I get a chance. Out of the country again this whole week for work. Might have a chance tonight.
    Are there any differences between 2.1.2 and 2.2.3/2.2.4 modem fw?
    And I guess there will be official 2.2.4 upd cause of Pre 2 recent upd?