Page 42 of 74 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    it didn't work "flawlessly" in 2.2.3, but frantid created a version that did, its avail in the ubercal forum
    why not? just installed the preware one, seems to work so far ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    what performance patches did you Install? Thanks
    Here are the applicable patches I have installed:

• Disable compcache and enable linux swap
    • Disk cache mod
    • Increase touch sensitivity and smoothness
    • Mojo Flick Regulator
    • Mojo FPS Booster
    • Mojo smooth scrolling
    • Mojo speedy switch
    • Mojo tap responsiveness
    • System control optimization
    ok, got 2.2.3 working, everything works nice. Just no data-connection... I can make calls, send texts, even set up my custom apn, it even says: ready. But o no, no interwebs... Anyone?
    Treo 650p - Nokia E71 - Nokia E75 - HTC G1 - Palm Pre- HTC Desire - HP Veer
    Sounds like some activation issue.

I did the following in Impostah:
    Make sure WiFi is setup properly!
    Activate
    Under accounts delete "Dr. Skipped Firstuse"
    Under Palm Profile: Reset and reboot
    After reboot you can login to profile again and everything should work.

If it doesn't do a full erase and repeat above steps!
    Last edited by Herrie; 12/11/2011 at 03:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Ok I've updated my veer from 2.1.2 to 2.2.4 using Herrie's latest batch file,everything was smooth & as easy as if we are working with official doctor.

Noticeable things with New batch file apart from menu changes:
    1) No more errors: There used to be lot of errors like EOF,bad or error response,Path not found & uncountable time stamp errors, but you see no more with new batch file,I literally got three errors in the entire process,one EOF error at the beginning while the phone reboots into recovery mode to start the update,secondly a "bad or error response from other side" just after "Destroying all your veer partitions" line & finally one time stamp error "bin/tar: .: implausibly old time stamp 1970-01-01 00:00:00" just after "Restoring the media" line.
    2)After the update process is completed the phone is successfully rebooted into developer mode,previously we had to manually do it.
    3)If at all there would be any orphan files those are also taken care of by completely deleting /tmp/media deirectory automatically.

Impressions on 2.2.4: Phone seems to be much faster in 2.2.4 compared to 2.1.2, apps startup almost immediately & overall experience is fluid. And main bug fix it brings is now we can save "custom apn settings" with which lot of people(including me) had problem to do it in 2.1.2, hence couldn't use 3g or even 2g data in veer. Ya! if we can't use data in our smartphone, it is not smart right?!, now we can use 2g/3g data with 2.2.4 in veer.All this is mainly because of the efforts of Herrie & also to all of them who contributed backups. Thank you very much.
    Did anyone install this patch in India, without the Modem & A6 update.
    Does it work with Airtel 3G Network.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Did anyone install this patch in India, without the Modem & A6 update.
    Does it work with Airtel 3G Network.
    Hi, I'm from India itself, first of all this is not a patch but a complete update to webos 2.2.x, I think u won't have any problem in veer(with 2.1.2) using Airtel & Vodafone in India, Sanjay from India & an experienced member in this forum confirmed this from his personal experience(see here:Free Veer Unlock by Dogbert with remaining networks u will have problems using even 2g,I myself use TATA DOCOMO,had problems even with 2g,solved by updating to 2.2.x. I didn't test without modem update, as I felt it is relatively safe to do modem update after reading other posts, A6 update is risky as of now, u can just ignore it(even herrie himself taken out instructions & update scripts of A6 update).

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    hey can somebody make a video on how to update veer 4g from 2.1.2 to 2.2.4...bcoz there lots of people who are noobs like me...it would be gr8
    Quote Originally Posted by st_7 View Post
    Impressions on 2.2.4: Phone seems to be much faster in 2.2.4 compared to 2.1.2, apps startup almost immediately & overall experience is fluid.
    Guess, its placebo effect
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    just updated with the new bat file to 2.2.4 (eu veer) and everything went very smooth, much better compared to the previous one!
    I performed the modem update without a problem this time but was too anxious for the A6, but as i dont need TTS I thought it were not worth the risk.
    Herrie thank you so much!!!
    with the new firmware everythings seems to work perfectly, except that when i open the slider the system doesnt wake up, I always have to push the on/off-button which I find inconvenient with my big hands...
    Is there a way to adjust it to wake up when i open the slider?

thanks

wickie
    Quote Originally Posted by wickie View Post
    with the new firmware everythings seems to work perfectly, except that when i open the slider the system doesnt wake up, I always have to push the on/off-button which I find inconvenient with my big hands...
    Is there a way to adjust it to wake up when i open the slider?

thanks

wickie
    Do full erase, if it doesnt help reinstall 2.2.4 ...
    thanks Herrie your are the man... please explain me how can i donate through paypal.....and please i need help with facebook and virtualkeyboard.....thanks again!!!
    OK herrie did what you told me to do, still no 2G/3G, eventually did the modemupdate, got 3500 right now, got 2G & 3G working, calls work, but now after every text I try to send, I get the "lock" : Messages can no longer be sent or received in this conversation"

this really is nerve-wrecking fun

Disregard: full erase & activation did the job!

BIG THANKS TO HERRIE & ALL THE GUYS WHO MADE THIS POSSIBLE!
    Last edited by elitepyro; 12/11/2011 at 06:04 AM.
    Treo 650p - Nokia E71 - Nokia E75 - HTC G1 - Palm Pre- HTC Desire - HP Veer
    @Herrie

you may add Full Erase to Makefile after flashing, if possible ... should solve a lot of issues!
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    @Herrie

you may add Full Erase to Makefile after flashing, if possible ... should solve a lot of issues!
    michel_ng , Herrie , my suggest is to add at the end of the guide and in red :

after finished , make a secure full erase .
    - HP Veer --
    please help me, i need setup facebook chat.....

I just upgraded to 2.3.4, fw modem, I did a reset of the data and everything works perfectly, thank you very much everyone for your great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by st_7 View Post
    Hi, I'm from India itself, first of all this is not a patch but a complete update to webos 2.2.x, I think u won't have any problem in veer(with 2.1.2) using Airtel & Vodafone in India, Sanjay from India & an experienced member in this forum confirmed this from his personal experience(see here:Free Veer Unlock by Dogbert with remaining networks u will have problems using even 2g,I myself use TATA DOCOMO,had problems even with 2g,solved by updating to 2.2.x. I didn't test without modem update, as I felt it is relatively safe to do modem update after reading other posts, A6 update is risky as of now, u can just ignore it(even herrie himself taken out instructions & update scripts of A6 update).

Hope this helps.
    Thanks alot St_7 this was indeed what I was looking for, so is there no risk in updating the modem firmware now?
    Or is there still a chance of frying the phone.
    I dont own a touchpad
    I am not a skype user so it really does not mean much to me.
    Any major fixes or useful thing that someone has noticed in 2.2.3 / 2.2.4 apart from these 2?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Work flawlessly with 2.2.3, thanks a lot Herrie and all other participants~!

BTW, full erase + activation saved the day here too~!
    Crimson™Waiting for Battery Fixes to buy again...
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Thanks alot St_7 this was indeed what I was looking for, so is there no risk in updating the modem firmware now?
    Or is there still a chance of frying the phone.
    I dont own a touchpad
    I am not a skype user so it really does not mean much to me.
    Any major fixes or useful thing that someone has noticed in 2.2.3 / 2.2.4 apart from these 2?
    Yes, you CAN brick a Veer doing a Modem update..the trick is NOT to reboot your phone if the process doesn't complete successfully. If the -f switch does not work initially, do:

PmModemUpdater -m -e -o < (your modem update file)
    then
    PmModemUpdater -f < (your modem update file)

For more info, go here: ModemFW Flash - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    @Herrie

Don't think there is a way to do a data erase from the CLI. There are other things that Herrie should add to the Makefile to simplify the activation/patch installation process though.

Bypass First Use App:
    touch /var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use
    touch /var/luna/preferences/first-use-profile-created

Enable Developer Mode:
    touch /var/gadget/novacom_enabled

Enable Beta Feeds:
    touch /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.preware/enable-beta-feeds

Disable Update Daemon:
    chmod -x /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon
    chmod -x /usr/bin/OmaDm

Disable Upload Daemon:
    chmod -x /usr/bin/uploadd
    chmod -x /usr/bin/contextupload
    chmod -x /rootfs/usr/bin/rdxd

For more info on what each option does, read the 'Makefile' in your meta-doctor directory

I find these mods useful when you first get your Veer and try to activate it without 3G. Once you turn on your Veer for the first time, connect to your wireless AP. Then, enable the First Use App to activate your profile (or use Impostah). To enable the First Use App:

rm -f /var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use
    rm -f /var/luna/preferences/first-use-profile-created

then reboot the phone.