Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
  1. #781  
    After you've done the update just go to "Device Info" and at the bottom you have the options for resetting. In this menu choose "complete erase" (or something of that sort - the second button from the bottom).

    The phone is restarted and asks you to input your info.
  2. #782  
    So, after doctoring then redoing the 2.2.3 install including the modem update the phone still doesn't work. It says AT&T but I can't place or receive calls. no H+ either.
  3. #783  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevind123 View Post
    So, after doctoring then redoing the 2.2.3 install including the modem update the phone still doesn't work. It says AT&T but I can't place or receive calls. no H+ either.
    Did you activate using Impostah and have your WebOS profile working?
  4. #784  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Did you activate using Impostah and have your WebOS profile working?
    I keep getting an error that the host isn't available.
    Service Error (setPalmProfile):
    kind not registered:
    'com.palm.palmprofile:1'
  5. #785  
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    After you've done the update just go to "Device Info" and at the bottom you have the options for resetting. In this menu choose "complete erase" (or something of that sort - the second button from the bottom).

    The phone is restarted and asks you to input your info.
    Thanks! That did the trick.
  6. #786  
    Quote Originally Posted by SmaShT View Post
    Can anyone post the Browsermark score for a Veer with the 2.2.3 (or 2.2.4) firmware? I'm trying to decide whether it's best to keep with the stock firmware, but overclock to 1.4ghz, or just update to this new version.

    My score was 46,500 (uberkernel 27, @1.4ghz, ondemand, stock firmware).
    I got 28600 with 2.2.3. It looks like browsermark scales linearly with clockspeed (1400/800*28600 = 50050 which is close to what you got)

    I should note that the system feels about as fast/slightly snappier overall on 2.2.3 (with all the Pre3 performance patches) compared to 2.1.2 at 1.2ghz. It's definitely worth it for the SMS lag fix, TP SMS sharing, and TTS though.
  7. #787  
    what performance patches did you Install? Thanks
  8. jdieter's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #788  
    FWIW, I did a recursive text diff between the files in 2.2.3 and 2.2.4. It can't be used to patch from 2.2.3 to 2.2.4 as it doesn't contain the differences between the binary files, but it does highlight what's changed... which doesn't seem to be much.

    Things I've noticed:
    * A new undocumented flag being passed to pmsyslog (-q 2*1024*204)
    * A longer dhclient timeout (30s vs. 15s)
    * The dhd wifi driver in the kernel has changed
    * A small number of changed packages with no changelogs

    I've posted the diff at http://www.lesbg.com/jdieter/webos-2.2.3-2.2.4.diff if anyone else wants to go through it.
  9. #789  
    Thank you again, Herrie. After activation with Impostah application, phone function rocks. 2g/3g network can't be used here(China) until modem firmware updated. I'm using 2.2.4 backup since I don't care about those patches for 2.1.2/2.2.3 ROMs.

    Cheers,
  10. #790  
    Updated from webOS 2.1.1 (EU Veer) to 2.2.4! Everything gone good ... in addition made Touchscreen / Modem and A6 update

    Modem Update (updated firmware from 257 to 3500)
    A6 Update (updated firmware from 2.51.18 to 2.54.27)

    Big thanks goes to Herrie for great live support and Garfonso for providing 224 image! You made great job guys ... ;-)
  11. #791  
    guys , sorry : can we now update A6 without problem ?
    - HP Veer --
  12. #792  
    now that 2.2.4 it was released for PRE2 , do you think will be out the Veer update ????
    - HP Veer --
    devil.insulted likes this.
  13. tEhLoNeR's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #793  
    my veer is telling me to update to 2.1.2, but if i do that my install will probably screw up

    is there a way for me to remove the notification?
  14. #794  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    now that 2.2.4 it was released for PRE2 , do you think will be out the Veer update ????
    I have the same question does anyone know?
  15. #795  
    Quote Originally Posted by tEhLoNeR View Post
    my veer is telling me to update to 2.1.2, but if i do that my install will probably screw up

    is there a way for me to remove the notification?
    See below:
    Quote Originally Posted by BS Mann View Post
    I read the other posts, but can't figure out how to enter the code that will disable automatic updates, which is posted below, thanks WebOSI,
    Do i launch Terminal and enter it one line at a time?


    Here is a quick and dirty way to block webOS updates:

    cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod -x UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /

    Then, either reboot or execute:
    killall UpdateDaemon

    No more executing the update program.



    Re-Enable Updates

    If you disabled your update you might want to re-enable it at some point.

    cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod +x UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /

    Then restart your phone and automatic updating should be back.
  16. #796  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    guys , sorry : can we now update A6 without problem ?
    No still problematic as it seems!
  17. st_7's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #797  
    @Herrie: is ur new windows batch file ready to be released?, can i use previous one for 2.2.4 updating process
  18. #798  
    guys !

    i'm proud to announce that i'm on 2.2.3 on my Veer .

    Fully functional : 3G , TTS , phone , Skype , patch ....all!

    i've made touchpanel , modem and A6 update SUCCESSFULLY and only at the end of the process , after reboot (manually) my Veer i've made a secure soft reset , and all works !!


    All made with Ubuntu 11.10

    thank you to my heroes : michel_ng and Herrie
    - HP Veer --
  19. #799  
    Quote Originally Posted by st_7 View Post
    @Herrie: is ur new windows batch file ready to be released?, can i use previous one for 2.2.4 updating process
    Just put it I wanted to put a nice fancy menu, but that will come later. It should work fine now under Windows too

    I used it to update mine to 2.2.4 today as well
  20. #800  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    guys !

    i'm proud to announce that i'm on 2.2.3 on my Veer .

    Fully functional : 3G , TTS , phone , Skype , patch ....all!

    i've made touchpanel , modem and A6 update SUCCESSFULLY and only at the end of the process , after reboot (manually) my Veer i've made a secure soft reset , and all works !!


    All made with Ubuntu 11.10

    thank you to my heroes : michel_ng and Herrie
    I think the main problem with A6 is that you need to be VERY patient. It can take 5-10 minutes WITHOUT it giving you any feedback during the process about what it's doing! It will just tell you when it's completed and that's all. Nothing before that...

Posting Permissions