Page 39 of 74 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    @OldSkoolVWLover:,@dmgreen:,yep those images were taken from wallpapers folder by connecting veer to pc(as usb drive) & compare side by side using WPV in under 2 min, and indeed the default background image in 2.2.3 is darker & with funny violet glow to it compared to 2.1.2, may be this is apotheker's decision to bring this ugly image into an update along with his famous one of dubbing webos!! but still my updated veer looks dimmer when compared to untouched veer with other background images even after doctoring it back to 2.1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    So how can a screenshot taken by the device from the memory be altered by some proposed hard-/firmware bug in the screen? The screenshot can't be altered by the screen hardware, it is taken well before the hardware sees the data...
    I did't understand you on this as I'm not a techie, but what my thought process was that since we are dealing with firmware which deals with hardware, I thought the capability of my veer producing colours correctly may be damaged, so that's why I wanted to confirm with herrie whether it's me or anyone faced it before me & I've taken out images from .wallpaper using interalz & then doctored it back to 2.1.2 upon reading your post,

Anyway I left that issue behind b'cause data working in 2.2.3 is much more for me now compared to my dull screen in 2.2.3,i'll dig into it more later

@Herrie: Waiting for the new windows batch file to update my veer to 2.2.4 which was doctored back 2.1.2 regarding dull screen
    2.2.3 and 2.2.4 have exactly the same firmware for the A6, Modem and Touchscreen. So it won't change anything.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    2.2.3 and 2.2.4 have exactly the same firmware for the A6, Modem and Touchscreen. So it won't change anything.
    ya I got it know by reading ur earlier posts. I just wanted to try as any way I'm going to update to 2.2.3, do u think there is any disadvantage in installing 2.2.4 rather than 2.2.3? can we install apps from preware in veer with 2.2.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by st_7 View Post
    ya I got it know by reading ur earlier posts. I just wanted to try as any way I'm going to update to 2.2.3, do u think there is any disadvantage in installing 2.2.4 rather than 2.2.3? can we install apps from preware in veer with 2.2.4?
    I didn't test this myself yet, but I understood that 2.2.3 apps/patches should work if you manually add the 2.2.3 feed in Preware.

I think the differences between the 2 are minimal anyway.
    I have updated herrie82 | HP Veer WebOS 2.2.3/2.2.4 update with the updated 2.2.3/2.2.4 instructions (new backup files too ), Makefile, mdmupdate.sh and tpupdate.sh

There's no Windows batch file yet, I'm working on the final bits for that one
    Guessing there is no need to run the f/ware updates if we are already at 2.2.3??
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I didn't test this myself yet, but I understood that 2.2.3 apps/patches should work if you manually add the 2.2.3 feed in Preware.

I think the differences between the 2 are minimal anyway.
    ok will wait for the new batch file to finish
    Try the following Makefile, updated tpupdate.sh and updated mdmupdate.sh

Replace the Makefile, mdmupdate.sh and tpupdate.sh that were supplied previously.

Put the phone in recovery mode and do: make install-from-recovery

Or regularly restart the phone and do: make install

It should re-do the whole process correctly. I fixed the issues that were present in the previous Makefile.
    Alright, thanks for the help. I doctored it last night, will try again tonight.
    @st_7: Yesterday I tried the update procedure with my 2.1.1 Veer and it did not change the screen birghtness. I also compared the two veers before and after the update and could not see a difference in brightness.
    If something strange happended to your screen, then you are the only one reporting it right now.

I think the biggest issue with the firmware updates is, that we try to do them during the "full" system is running... they don't work in recovery mode and not in the memboot environment that you use for restoring (use make memboot to reach that).
    But I think it would be a better idea to mount root (and maybe media for space issues) somewhere in the memboot environment and try a chroot and then install the firmware updates... so you don't have the whole system running in your back ready to disturb everything.
    I think that is the main difference to the real doctor. It does not fully boot the device at any point in time. So maybe that's the reason why we have so many failing updates...? Just an idea.
    Try the following Makefile, updated tpupdate.sh and updated mdmupdate.sh

Replace the Makefile, mdmupdate.sh and tpupdate.sh that were supplied previously.

Put the phone in recovery mode and do: make install-from-recovery

Or regularly restart the phone and do: make install

It should re-do the whole process correctly. I fixed the issues that were present in the previous Makefile.
    Also, do I need another command to connect to the veer from novaterm or does the makefile do that? I'm referring to the line in the instructions after the makefile is done and before the touch panel update.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevind123 View Post
    Also, do I need another command to connect to the veer from novaterm or does the makefile do that? I'm referring to the line in the instructions after the makefile is done and before the touch panel update.
    Just press the connect button in Novaterm.

Then: cd /tmp/media
    sh tpupdate.sh
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quick question -- did anyone who updated to 2.2.3 using Herrie's procedure also have Classic working on their Veer? If yes, did Classic still work after the upgrade to 2.2.3?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amfcz View Post
    Quick question -- did anyone who updated to 2.2.3 using Herrie's procedure also have Classic working on their Veer? If yes, did Classic still work after the upgrade to 2.2.3?
    Yes, Classic still works w/ 2.2.3 on the Veer. I posted about this on twitter a few days ago. Take care.
    Just press the connect button in Novaterm.

Then: cd /tmp/media
    sh tpupdate.sh
    Sorry to sound like an ***** but does novaterm have a GUI? I thought it was just a command line program. I'm a little bit lost. =\
    Can anyone post the Browsermark score for a Veer with the 2.2.3 (or 2.2.4) firmware? I'm trying to decide whether it's best to keep with the stock firmware, but overclock to 1.4ghz, or just update to this new version.

My score was 46,500 (uberkernel 27, @1.4ghz, ondemand, stock firmware).
    Last edited by SmaShT; 12/09/2011 at 04:48 PM.
    Update complete . Not sure how the modem works yet, though. I have to find my sim adapter before I get to use this bad boy.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    @Herrie: can I use 2.2.3 windows batch file to update 2.2.4
    Hey guys.

The update went smoth as well as the modem update. What didn't work however was the Touchscreen Update and the phone was not restarted. I had to restart it manually (power button and mute toggle)...

Now I'm trying to install the Touchscreen firmware again. Of course, it tells me to stop hidd. When I do and run PmTpUpdater it says
    id: 0582, family/die: 70, major rev: 12
    installed version: 13
    timed out polling irq fd 3
    error reading version, update must be forced to continue
    Why does it say I have to force the update? The way I read it my version is higher than the one included in the 2.2.4 update? I have a German Veer...

The Touchscreen is not working atm.

Will redo the procedure with the makefile etc from post #759.
    Last edited by FischOderAal; 12/09/2011 at 05:23 PM.
    In Novaterm do:

cd /usr/bin
    PmTpUpdater -a -f

Wait for it to finish and do:
    start hidd
    Cheers, will give it a try and update this post.

€dith: Yupp. Did the trick. Mille grazie.
    Last edited by FischOderAal; 12/09/2011 at 05:59 PM.
    I doctored my veer then bypassed activation before updating... how can I activate my veer to use, now?

I guess I'm just gonna doctor it, log in, then re-do the update. Will modem firmware stay or will I have to redo tp update and modem firmware?
    Last edited by kevind123; 12/09/2011 at 06:20 PM.