Page 38 of 74 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Can you take a screenshot with square + Sym + P and a photo with a camera and post it here?
    If you are asking me then here are the screenshots from the both veers with 2.2.3 update & untouched one

I don't have any good cameras with me to take a snap, i've only veer(camera), if u want I can upload them.

Notice in the bottom right corner where the violet effect is more prominent.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by st_7 View Post
    If you are asking me then here are the screenshots from the both veers with 2.2.3 update & untouched one

I don't have any good cameras with me to take a snap, i've only veer(camera), if u want I can upload them.

Notice in the bottom right corner where the violet effect is more prominent.
    Are you sure they didn't just change the background image between versions?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    ahahahahahh
    - HP Veer --
    I'd be willing to test 2.2.4 (preferably) or 2.2.3 on my other (2.1.1) Veer, too. You have me in ICQ, I think. Feel free to contact me, when I'm online... or I'll try to contact you.

@Patch issue: All 2.2.3 patches I tried worked on 2.2.4 also... just add the feed in Preware.

@wolfgart: I think webosinternals was not joking... at least to me the icons (especially the green of the telephone app and the white parts) seem identically from the pictures you added. The only difference is the background, where the dark one definitively is the default background for webos 2.x, which in fact is kind of violett in the bottom right corner. The other background, although looking similar in style, is unknown to me and I don't think you'll get this just by brithening up the default background.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    I'd be willing to test 2.2.4 (preferably) or 2.2.3 on my other (2.1.1) Veer, too. You have me in ICQ, I think. Feel free to contact me, when I'm online... or I'll try to contact you.

@Patch issue: All 2.2.3 patches I tried worked on 2.2.4 also... just add the feed in Preware.
    OK, contact me

For the patches: Which feed I need to add? The regular alpha/beta or something else?
    I did go with the regular 2.2.3 patch feed. It had everything I needed (I'm using mostly only the advanced patches and also added some of the efficiency patches from "mau" which where discussed in the Pre3 part of the forum).
    I did go with the regular 2.2.3 patch feed. It had everything I needed (I'm using mostly only the advanced patches and also added some of the efficiency patches from "mau" which where discussed in the Pre3 part of the forum).
    OK How are the "mau" patches? I didn't try them yet, but the description sounds interesting.

I'm still awaiting the arrival of my 3 newly ordered Veers from last week. Supposed delivery was between 5th and 7th, but I guess they're stuck at the customs.
    I used them on my Pre3 and they finally made the device usable again... I did not mention that big difference on a Veer, though. But the Veer was already snappier in the first place. Also I think disabling compcache makes the biggest difference for the Pre3, which is not active on the Veer anyway.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

-- Rod
    I am sure that it isn't a change for the reason that I don't expect any company leave alone Hp palm to make a background screen with the violet is so odd in the right bottom corner that if people see the phone in your hand with that background screen they ask u whether there is something wrong with the screen?,

@wolfgart: I think webosinternals was not joking... at least to me the icons (especially the green of the telephone app and the white parts) seem identically from the pictures you added. The only difference is the background, where the dark one definitively is the default background for webos 2.x, which in fact is kind of violet in the bottom right corner. The other background, although looking similar in style, is unknown to me and I don't think you'll get this just by brithening up the default background.
    those pictures added by me & i noticed this odd colourisation as soon as my veer booted up in 2.2.3, i did doctored it back 2.1.2 but it remained same(before update it was not like that) the two picture are taken from dark screen from 2.2.3 updated screen & brighter screen is from my another which is still with 2.1.2, as i said it is may be a one off instance or a coincidence of something wrong happening with screen hardware at the time of update process
    This is mine, nothing odd on my screen.... It's just the background image that has this funny purple/violet glow on the bottom right corner!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Herrie; 12/08/2011 at 12:38 PM.
    those pictures added by me & i noticed this odd colourisation as soon as my veer booted up in 2.2.3, i did doctored it back 2.1.2 but it remained same(before update it was not like that) the two picture are taken from dark screen from 2.2.3 updated screen & brighter screen is from my another which is still with 2.1.2, as i said it is may be a one off instance or a coincidence of something wrong happening with screen hardware at the time of update process
    I checked both my Veer with 2.1.1 and my Veer with 2.2.4 and both have this dark image (like Herrie posted).

There is a .wallpapers folder in /media/internals which does not get wiped with a doctor and saves the wallpaper (only the current one?). I think updates tend to fiddle around there, where downgrades should not touch it...?

I just re-read your post with the images, and you say that both are screenshots, correct? So how can a screenshot taken by the device from the memory be altered by some proposed hard-/firmware bug in the screen? The screenshot can't be altered by the screen hardware, it is taken well before the hardware sees the data...

Those are strong hints for the wallpaper theory... if you don't like the new one, just select a different one (maybe copy from the .wallpaper folder from your old device or a backup) and be happy.
    I am sure that it isn't a change for the reason that I don't expect any company leave alone Hp palm to make a background screen with the violet is so odd in the right bottom corner that if people see the phone in your hand with that background screen they ask u whether there is something wrong with the screen?,
    Go get the background images from each device (Internalz or command line) then e-mail them to yourself and view them side by side on computer monitor. Can be done in under 5 minutes
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Those instructions you quote are so wrong in so many ways.

Someone needs to delete post #551 by WinampLlama.

They will almost certainly permanently brick your device if you follow them as-is.

-- Rod
    I wrote those instructions after I did the update so there may have been a step I missed/messed up. I removed the code from my post just in case!
    I am sure that it isn't a change for the reason that I don't expect any company leave alone Hp palm to make a background screen with the violet is so odd in the right bottom corner that if people see the phone in your hand with that background screen they ask u whether there is something wrong with the screen?
    Ever considered that unpublished versions of the OS might be marked in some way to easily detect screenshots based on those unpublished versions?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Ever considered that unpublished versions of the OS might be marked in some way to easily detect screenshots based on those unpublished versions?-- Rod
    Been following this with bemused interest if I select one of the other images on my Veer, for eg: the big red flower, there is absolutely no mauve/violet in the bottom RH corner. Has st_7 tried taking that image off the phone and opening it on his PC/MAC?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Is there any way to just get the bluetooth stacks from 2.2.3 and put them onto 2.1.2? I just want to be able to text from my touchpad.

Nevermind. I decided to try the update... Let's hope it works!

... I currently am stuck trying to install the touch pannel update. I opened a new terminal window and typed in "novacom -d veer" but it says unable to find device, when I type in "novaterm" into terminal it shows a ] and no command is recognized.

Decided to say "screw it" and try over again but "make uninstall" doesn't work so I tried another "make install" to erase it again and start again but again, didn't work.

I just tried going into terminal and typing cd /opt/nova/bin then ./novaterm but that results in the same result as just typing in novaterm... Any help?
    Last edited by kevind123; 12/08/2011 at 10:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevind123 View Post
    Is there any way to just get the bluetooth stacks from 2.2.3 and put them onto 2.1.2? I just want to be able to text from my touchpad.
    Nevermind. I decided to try the update... Let's hope it works!
    ... I currently am stuck trying to install the touch pannel update. I opened a new terminal window and typed in "novacom -d veer" but it says unable to find device, when I type in "novaterm" into terminal it shows a ] and no command is recognized.
    follow pl212s instructions about page 27 of this thread link below

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ml#post3256663

You may / will need to type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart on your keyboard to pop the device in develop mode

Essentially where you have got to is you have all the software loaded, but there are a couple of firmware updates required with this software.

Not sure what files you have, BUT only run tpupdate.sh and mdmupdate.sh NOT the A6 update.
    Last edited by dbmgreen; 12/08/2011 at 10:23 PM.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    follow pl212s instructions about page 27 of this thread link below

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ml#post3256663

You may / will need to type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart on your keyboard to pop the device in develop mode

Essentially where you have got to is you have all the software loaded, but there are a couple of firmware updates required with this software.

Not sure what files you have, BUT only run tpupdate.sh and mdmupdate.sh NOT the A6 update.
    I got through the whole make install process. I'm stuck at connecting to the veer via novaterm and installing the tpupdate.sh My phone is still in recovery from the make install process, I just don't exactly know what to do next, and I can't get webOS doctor to restore my phone.
    Last edited by kevind123; 12/08/2011 at 10:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevind123 View Post
    I got through the whole make install process. I'm stuck at connecting to the veer via novaterm and installing the tpupdate.sh My phone is still in recovery from the make install process, I just don't exactly know what to do next, and I can't get webOS doctor to restore my phone.
    Try the following Makefile, updated tpupdate.sh and updated mdmupdate.sh

Replace the Makefile, mdmupdate.sh and tpupdate.sh that were supplied previously.

Put the phone in recovery mode and do: make install-from-recovery

Or regularly restart the phone and do: make install

It should re-do the whole process correctly. I fixed the issues that were present in the previous Makefile.
    Last edited by Herrie; 12/09/2011 at 12:25 AM.
    I have updated herrie82 | HP Veer WebOS 2.2.3/2.2.4 update with the updated 2.2.3/2.2.4 instructions (new backup files too ), Makefile, mdmupdate.sh and tpupdate.sh

There's no Windows batch file yet, I'm working on the final bits for that one
    Last edited by Herrie; 12/09/2011 at 01:33 AM.