Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by st_7 View Post
    that did the trick, but the screen very dim, before updating it was brighter, to confirm it, i've checked another veer that is still in 2.1.2 it is much brighter with same brightness levels, does this update anything to do with colour?, is there any chance that we can damage the colour balance of the screen with this update
    I didn't notice this myself, but could be that it's dimmer. You can always reverse to 2.1.2 and it will set the TouchPanel back to the old settings normally. If not you can force it to downgrade as well.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I didn't notice this myself, but could be that it's dimmer. You can always reverse to 2.1.2 and it will set the TouchPanel back to the old settings normally. If not you can force it to downgrade as well.
    I doctored it back to 2.1.2 but it stays same,there is kind of violet colour in every thing,u can notice it clearly in main menu screen background,instead of green background it is now a more of mix of green & violet. May be for some reason during the update the colour balace has got disturbed.
    I doctored it back to 2.1.2 but it stays same,there is kind of violet colour in every thing,u can notice it clearly in main menu screen background,instead of green background it is now a more of mix of green & violet. May be for some reason during the update the colour balace has got disturbed.
    I didn't hear anyone else about this yet and didn't notice it myself on the Veers where I was able to successfully update.
    Herrie, in you opinion what we need for a perfect "restore backup" procedure ? Can you update your blog ?

sent from my HP Touchpad 4G
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    Herrie, in you opinion what we need for a perfect "restore backup" procedure ? Can you update your blog ?

sent from my HP Touchpad 4G
    I need to have some testers before I can get out a new release + updated instructions.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I didn't hear anyone else about this yet and didn't notice it myself on the Veers where I was able to successfully update.
    as I said I doctored it back to 2.1.2 to check whether it brings any remedy to it, it didn't, so I again updated it to 2.2.3, now the weird thing is that this time it didn't need any Touch panel update, the touch worked right out of the box(as soon as it rebooted from 2.2.3 update), the violet mix is more visible now, so I did touch panel update, even though violet colour effect is there, then I wanted to update modem, when i tried the following command that you updated yesterday in post #689, the update stuck at "$ creating tmp file" after the warning lines, i've been stuck at that point from more than 30 minutes, how to move forward
    Last edited by st_7; 12/08/2011 at 02:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    as I said I doctored it back to 2.1.2 to check whether it brings any remedy to it, it didn't, so I again updated it to 2.2.3, now the weird thing is that this time it didn't need any Touch panel update, the touch worked right out of the box(as soon as it rebooted from 2.2.3 update), the violet mix is more visible now, so I did touch panel update, even though violet colour effect is there, then I wanted to update modem, when i tried the following command that you updated yesterday in post #689, the update stuck at "$ creating tmp file" after the warning lines, i've been stuck at that point from more than 30 minutes, how to move forward
    Ok now doing Modemupdate, the process is now stuck at "$ Start reading NV item from modem (0 to 7167,8000 to 9000)......0350", it's been already 10 minutes at that line, fingers crossed

Its more than 15 Min now, still stuck at the same line, does this usually take this much time?
    Last edited by st_7; 12/08/2011 at 03:39 AM.
    Ok now doing Modemupdate, the process is now stuck at "$ Start reading NV item from modem (0 to 7167,8000 to 9000)......0350", it's been already 10 minutes at that line, fingers crossed
    If it's stuck and the counter is not running you have a problem!

Start another Novaterm session and run the updater again untill it completes! You could try with the -f parameter.

Whatever you do DON'T restart your phone before you completed the modem update or it will be BRICKED!
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    If it's stuck and the counter is not running you have a problem!

Start another Novaterm session and run the updater again untill it completes! You could try with the -f parameter.

Whatever you do DON'T restart your phone before you completed the modem update or it will be BRICKED!
    I opened another novaterm session leaving the current one as it is, and executed the command with -f parameter, but it results a few lines(exactly 19 lines) with same message "trying to aquire exclusive access to port /dev/modemdiag" and then the last three lines reads like this:
    cannot aquire exclusive access to port /dev/modemdiag
    $ERROR: cannot allocate required objects...
    $Quitting the PmModemUpdater

is it because the other session,which was stuck, not closed?, can I close that & try it again?
    I opened another novaterm session leaving the current one as it is, and executed the command with -f parameter, but it results a few lines(exactly 19 lines) with same message "trying to aquire exclusive access to port /dev/modemdiag" and then the last three lines reads like this:
    cannot aquire exclusive access to port /dev/modemdiag
    $ERROR: cannot allocate required objects...
    $Quitting the PmModemUpdater

is it because the other session,which was stuck, not closed?, can I close that & try it again?
    Yes you can close that one....
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Yes you can close that one....
    ya I've done that, but damn! now it stuck at just the second line "$ Processing file" for more than 5 minutes now,just after creating temp file, what is the usual time it takes to complete the modem update
    ya I've done that, but damn! now it stuck at just the second line "$ Processing file" for more than 5 minutes now,just after creating temp file, what is the usual time it takes to complete the modem update
    Total update should take about 5 minutes....

Just keep retrying!
    @Herrie

you still need tester for 2.2.4?
    i think i'll be wait an official release of this 223 or 224 or 22...
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    @Herrie

you still need tester for 2.2.4?
    I need for the Makefile/Batch file which is the same for 2.2.3 and 2.2.4.

Personally I don't see much benefit in 2.2.4 because there are 0 patches for it. Even for 2.2.3 there are a lot less patches compared to 2.1.2 but the most important ones are there.

There are no overclocked kernels for 2.2.3 either currently.
    Well, i will make a thread with 2.2.4 adapted patches, but need it before ;-)
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Total update should take about 5 minutes....

Just keep retrying!
    I tried 2-3 times as you said, the modem update was completed without any glitch, now the very reason i decided to take the risk of a potential of bricking my veer is to have 2g/3g data on my veer, I was hoping that 2.2.x update for veer will fix the bug of inability of saving custom apn settings in veer as I've not been able to get 2g/3g data working in my veer inspite of the efforts like replacing carrierdb.json file in veer with the one in pre 3 & using digitalunlock's carrierdb.json file editor, and now voila for the first time I'm seeing Edge signal in my veer, ALL CREDITS GOES TO YOU & I THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR EFFORT,TIME,WORK & SUPPORT.

I'll post this news in other post regarding carrierdb.json bug, so that if someone wants they can update their veers(at their own risk)

One thing is that the violet is much more prominent in the default background screen & it's every where in the veer, because of it the veer screen looks much much dimmer than before that I hope we can find a solution or any workaround(apps for colour balancin)

ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
    Can you take a screenshot with square + Sym + P and a photo with a camera and post it here?
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    Well, i will make a thread with 2.2.4 adapted patches, but need it before ;-)
    Contact me by ICQ/MSN/Skype/AOL/Yahoo and we can do some tests