Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WinampLlama View Post
    Are there any new features, performance increases, or bug fixes?
    Nothing I found yet, will travel today, so will look around a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Herrie , do you think after you 'll be able to correctly reflash the fw modem , your backup will be perfect ?
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    Herrie , do you think after you 'll be able to correctly reflash the fw modem , your backup will be perfect ?
    What do you mean exactly?
    What do you mean exactly?
    Do you think will be found the exact method to flash A6 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by appulo View Post
    Do you think will be found the exact method to flash A6 ?
    No the method found in the one also used by HP currently. There's not other method at this time.
    Thanks, when you have time, please try to send a text from the Veer and see if a copy of the Veer text shows up on your TouchPad, that is not happening right now on 2.2.3 (although copies of TouchPad texts show on Veer)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Thanks, when you have time, please try to send a text from the Veer and see if a copy of the Veer text shows up on your TouchPad, that is not happening right now on 2.2.3 (although copies of TouchPad texts show on Veer)
    TP is at home currently, so earliest I can check this is Wednesday evening European time.
    TP is at home currently, so earliest I can check this is Wednesday evening European time.
    Does upgrading to 2.2.4 from 2.2.3 require one to update the modem or A6? If not, I will test this today.
    Does upgrading to 2.2.4 from 2.2.3 require one to update the modem or A6? If not, I will test this today.
    No it uses the same version for both, but you need to have the backup. I cannot upload it at the moment. Maybe tonight when I'm in the hotel, but I'm not sure about this yet.
    No it uses the same version for both, but you need to have the backup. I cannot upload it at the moment. Maybe tonight when I'm in the hotel, but I'm not sure about this yet.
    Thanks. If a makefile is required, could you please set it up so that I'm not required to access novaterm while phone is in recovery mode? I'm not able to access that way.
    @Herrie

you will offer 2.2.4 as separate file, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    @Herrie

you will offer 2.2.4 as separate file, right?
    Correct, just need to find some possibility to upload it. Not sure I can manage on my business trip here, otherwise I'll do it when I get home later this week.

The backup is ready to go. The Makefile is pretty much done too, just need to test it.
    Correct, just need to find some possibility to upload it. Not sure I can manage on my business trip here, otherwise I'll do it when I get home later this week.

The backup is ready to go. The Makefile is pretty much done too, just need to test it.
    I would like to be a tester for 2.2.4
    Thanks a lot. Updated yesterday but skipped modem and a6 update.
    Works very well, but sometimes my veer shuts off during calls. Does anybody noticed that behavior, too? I am on a german GSM 1800 network (o2).
    Quote Originally Posted by baloo247 View Post
    benefits of 2.2.3 without a6 update:

better gps lock times
    better gps accuracy in southern hemisphere
    skype integration
    sms and phone both work with tpad.

tts nice to have but not worth bricking your phone over.
    So does thing mean if ALL I want is to add Skype to my Veer, I can safely move to 2.2.3??

I have a TouchPad, but no burning desire for TTS.

...how do you do that again...
    Quote Originally Posted by dinod View Post
    I have a TouchPad, but no burning desire for TTS.
    I'm a little confused, do you need TTS for SMS sharing or not?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

I'm a little confused, do you need TTS for SMS sharing or not?
    Always YES .

sent from my HP Touchpad 4G
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowbob84 View Post
    Thanks a lot. Updated yesterday but skipped modem and a6 update.
    Works very well, but sometimes my veer shuts off during calls. Does anybody noticed that behavior, too? I am on a german GSM 1800 network (o2).
    You need to update modem fw
    This is proper operation, the TP only sees copies of texts sent from it or to it. It is not a true syncing of SMS. Just like the initial sync of messages from profile at activation even if you don't have a Pre3/Veer on 2.2.x
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    The /tmp issue I'll resolve with a new Makefile/batch file shortly.
    Did you get to this?

I'm on a mac, and it stops prematurely cause it can't talk to phone after the reboot.

Guess I can try in Win7/bootcamp

HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3