Page 32 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    @Herrie

Great! You make amazing job here! I'm looking forward to test 2.2.4 ...
    Quote Originally Posted by tEhLoNeR View Post
    what exactly is the difference between 2.2.3 and 2.2.4?
    2.2.4 seems to be for EU Veers only ... no difference so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by tEhLoNeR View Post
    what exactly is the difference between 2.2.3 and 2.2.4?
    Don't know yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by i4ko View Post
    Just did the the update.

For the modem update putting the tar file on /tmp did not work. The modem update tar is around 22 megs, the updater itself needs another 22 in the /tmp, so I had to move it under /media/internals.

Update was successful, however - unable to make or receive calls, or send or receive texts. Unable to log into skype, unable to log into my palm profile, unable to set APN for data/mms

So and so, the phone is not working.

Anybody got this working on T-mobile US, with original unlock that was the paid one, not the free? I'm just wondering if I need to activate my veer again with the free unlock, since technically I upgraded the modem.
    The /tmp issue I'll resolve with a new Makefile/batch file shortly.

That you're unable to make/receive calls and login to Palm profile is odd. You might want to do a Secure Erase from the Device Info. That solved the problem for another user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    The /tmp issue I'll resolve with a new Makefile/batch file shortly.

That you're unable to make/receive calls and login to Palm profile is odd. You might want to do a Secure Erase from the Device Info. That solved the problem for another user.
    Yes, I was unable to log into my profile until I did full erase (not secure erase) and reactivated with Impostah as my H20 plan does not include data. I have the paid unlock code but did not use it yet--my Veer was still locked.
    I'm curious about the platform thing too. What OSs are you guys using to perform the update? I'm on Win7 64bit and the whole thing went flawlessly, aside from having to manually type in some commands myself.

An update on the SMS sharing: now it looks like the TP is receiving incoming SMS but still not seeing SMS sent from the Veer. I'll play around with it some more and see if I can figure this out. I'm thinking this is a TP issue and not something with my Veer so I'll probably re-doctor the TP sometime this week and see if that helps.
    All,................failing will lead to HP logo..............
    My update failed using your initial .bat file, which lead to this, I just did a power audio up button, and Dr'd back to the At&t version, haven't had time to do any more yet.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WinampLlama View Post
    I'm curious about the platform thing too. What OSs are you guys using to perform the update? I'm on Win7 64bit and the whole thing went flawlessly, aside from having to manually type in some commands myself.

An update on the SMS sharing: now it looks like the TP is receiving incoming SMS but still not seeing SMS sent from the Veer. I'll play around with it some more and see if I can figure this out. I'm thinking this is a TP issue and not something with my Veer so I'll probably re-doctor the TP sometime this week and see if that helps.

same here

win7 64bit, near the end my veer took its sweet *** time and the bat file timed out because it took so long for the veer to reboot

my TP doesnt seem to want to send messages on my end, it can receive them fine, but thats about it

TTS is a bit finicky, but it could be because of me(i cant align the things right)
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot View Post
    I'm confused. I use freeTether and it works like a charm, even on my 3G connection in India.

The thing is a godsend. I didn't even bother getting a wired connection for my apartment here, and use FreeTether for everything.
    Hi,

if you never shut off FreeTether this might be just fine for you. I have read around here that FT prevents the Veer's CPU from scaling down which results in faster battery drain. This is a thing I do not like too much about it.

Some other guys did manage to install Pre 3's Mobile Hotspot app on Veer, but this works only if you do not user any kind of WLAN encryption, which is kind of a no-go.

Do you have other experience?

Thanks,

LK
    All,

I already removed the A6 update from the blog in order to avoid more bricks as Rod suggested and will create new backup archive excluding the scripts to update A6, solve the GPL, update disabled and also the tmp running out of space issue. I will also look at 2.2.4, this all when I get home in 15 mins.

Hi Herrie,

i found the warnings did surfice. I disagree here. TTS itself might be some kind of useless (my two cents) but sms sharing I personally regards much more important. If people decide to try it, let them. There were enough warnings as should be in future.

Thanks for your efforts,

LK
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    let me put this out there whoever decides to update the a6 chip DON'T more then 50% will brick we have 7 so far.
    is there a way to tell when the veers were made?
    I was using, windows 7 32bit.

I'm a bit suprised that the a6 update is so dodgy. Might explain why HP is holding out on this.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    It might be useful to get a narrative of exactly what happened during the flash process: did a cable get bumped (especially considering the dodgy magnetic connection on the Veer)? Was a Control-C issued? Did a laptop go to sleep?

Seems to me there are two classes of problems: either the Veer can be bricked by the A6 update even when nothing interrupts it, OR it can be bricked due to an unfortunate interruption. Both are bad, but the former is much more serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by pl212 View Post
    It might be useful to get a narrative of exactly what happened during the flash process: did a cable get bumped (especially considering the dodgy magnetic connection on the Veer)? Was a Control-C issued? Did a laptop go to sleep?

Seems to me there are two classes of problems: either the Veer can be bricked by the A6 update even when nothing interrupts it, OR it can be bricked due to an unfortunate interruption. Both are bad, but the former is much more serious.
    I don't know. I only had the modem update failing on me causing my 2 bricked Veers. I did run the A6 at least about 4 or 5 times (due to Doctor back to 2.1.2 (which seems to downgrade A6 again) and re-install of 2.2.3 and I never had a problem).

The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't provide any feedback DURING the update process. So it might look like it is stuck, but it's still busy. It can take up to 5 minutes for the A6 update to complete.
    I just did a restore of the 2.2.4 followed by a secure erase, palm-build-info fix (for 9.9.9 in Palm profile, activation and App Catalog fix) and disabled the UpdateDaemon for searching for automatic updates. After this I turned on DevMode and made a backup that can be shared later.

First impressions:
    1. Modem, A6 and Touchpanel firmware are same versions as for 2.2.3.
    2. No patches in Prepare! Need to check Alpha/Beta feeds still.

Anyway it's way past bedtime here and I need to get up in 4 hrs.

P.s. This is typed from 2.2.4

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Patches and Kernels are never available for unpublished webOS versions.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by pl212 View Post

Are european veers diff frequencies to AT&T? would this make any difference??
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Are european veers diff frequencies to AT&T? would this make any difference??
    A6 is orthogonal to cellular frequencies.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I just did a restore of the 2.2.4 followed by a secure erase, palm-build-info fix (for 9.9.9 in Palm profile, activation and App Catalog fix) and disabled the UpdateDaemon for searching for automatic updates. After this I turned on DevMode and made a backup that can be shared later.

First impressions:
    1. Modem, A6 and Touchpanel firmware are same versions as for 2.2.3.

Anyway it's way past bedtime here and I need to get up in 4 hrs.

P.s. This is typed from 2.2.4

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Are there any new features, performance increases, or bug fixes?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Patches and Kernels are never available for unpublished webOS versions.

-- Rod
    OK on 2.2.3 I had quite a few patches available, is this due to 2.2.3 being available for the Pre3?