Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Thanks for posting the auction. The seller must have a special webOS doctor because It doesn't have any ATT branding or apps. Maybe he works for HP and has an internal generic webOS doctor for the Veer.

I sent him a message on eBay. Hopefully he responds.
    Last edited by Tikerz; 10/30/2011 at 09:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pansee81 View Post

I found a lot of commences regarding Skype utility. Like I said, I dont know much about WebOS and I currently dont have a SIM. So, can anyone show me how to check it? I am happy to work it our for you guys.

Cheers
    To see if skype is installed open the "Accounts" app and select "Add Account" - all the synergy accounts that are supported should be listed there (hopefully skype is on the list!)
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    How about a link to the eBay auction?
    Quote Originally Posted by llama233 View Post
    Man I hope this is actually slated for release and isn't just a test version that escaped into the wild I'm not too fussed with TTS but it would be nice to have some stability bug fixes (and skype calling would be awesome if it's there! pansee81, got to Accounts -> Add Account and see if skype is listed!)
    @llama233: Thanks for your guideline.
    Another great news. Following his suggestion, I checked and found that Skype is already listed. Check a picture
    Quote Originally Posted by pansee81 View Post
    @llama233: Thanks for your guideline.
    Another great news. Following his suggestion, I checked and found that Skype is already listed. Check a picture
    Thanks for checking - this is great news! Now I *really* want them to release this!
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Thanks for posting the auction. The seller must have a special webOS doctor because It doesn't have any ATT branding or apps. Maybe he works for HP and has an internal generic webOS doctor for the Veer.

I sent him a message on eBay. Hopefully he responds.
    I believed that I came across several sellers, at least two, who said that they were selling the Veer that can interact with Touchpad. They didn't mention the Veer was updated to 2.2.3 but taking their words, I believe their Veer was on 2.2.3.

Hope you can receive positive answer from seller. Good luck.
    Last edited by pansee81; 10/30/2011 at 09:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I got a response from the seller. As expected, he “works for Palm” so he can't release the update. I guess the good news is that there are still people working for “Palm”
    Trovatore likes this.
    Hmm, maybe 2.2.3 is only for the Veer 4G.???This would really suck.

What I do not understand: If sells phones with 2.2.3, which officially is not released by HP, his action must be considered illegal. So he shouldn't mind to mind too much to upload the Doctor to some service FileDesposit oder whatever......
    damn! 2.2.3 looks awesome! Hope it fixes some bugs with the mp3 and video recording. If these sellers work for hp, chances are not great with at&t will release it. Maybe you should ask them to host the doctor as you need to reload 2.2.3 ;-)
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Heck, they're selling them cheap enough maybe I'll just unload my Veer and buy one of theirs with 2.2.3 on it.
    this is my story buy a veer in Mexico and came with 2.2.3 was sent to El Paso if everything works to perfection and was released but did not recognize my carrier for more carrierdb.json to amend it until the 2.1.2 not knowing that once I activated my profile could go to 2.2.3 but not and update

The box had a legend that could activate wifi without sim and it did even the match with my touchpad with tts and work well until downgrading can not change the carrierdb.son

my question is do able to change or putting a sim from another carrier if I leave my place and receive calls but had no navigation, just for wifi
    to prove the truth of what I say in the post How To Edit Your carrierdb.json file the question I have 2.2 and I can not change the carrierdb.json, I've been a fool to fall to 2.1
    Last edited by vicoreyna; 10/31/2011 at 03:03 AM.
    it Is comical how they Have the nerve to sell it illegally with 2.2.3 to get the best price but then are back to their 'morals' when asked for the doctor or support.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    it Is comical how they Have the nerve to sell it illegally with 2.2.3 to get the best price but then are back to their 'morals' when asked for the doctor or support.
    Yup indeed... And what if you want to Doctor the one you bought with 2.2.3? You cannot because you don't have the Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Yup indeed... And what if you want to Doctor the one you bought with 2.2.3? You cannot because you don't have the Doctor
    That's true! Maybe it means that the official release of 2.2.3 is really close ... at least i hope so.
    this is again that HP shows off how incompetent they are. Veer is out since May, Touchpad is out since June and they have a webOS version where touch-to share works, but they did not roll it out

I really whish webOS would die officially, so all homebrew-community power could be forced into getting all the newest OS versions to all possible devices, without beiing tackeld by HP lawyers.
    Instead HP again decides in the coming month about the faith of webOS and in that time no new phone versions (speculation) will see the light.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    this is again that HP shows off how incompetent they are. Veer is out since May, Touchpad is out since June and they have a webOS version where touch-to share works, but they did not roll it out
    Blame AT&T for that. They need to approve it.
    How come there are leaked doctors for every other version every where but this particular doctor is nowhere to be found
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Blame AT&T for that. They need to approve it.
    i don't think it's att fault as for the EU veer there is also no 2.2.3 available, and O2 was the one pushing Pre Plus 2.1 version out, were all other carriers only got 1.4.5, so i think they would push out 2.2.3 also if they had it.
    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    if you login to your palm profile online, the doctor usually shows up there if its available.. I'm curious to see if its there..

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    if you login to your palm profile online, the doctor usually shows up there if its available.. I'm curious to see if its there..

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I'm curious, I guess our topic starter could test that
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast