Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tEhLoNeR View Post
    ah, sorry

Code:
    /usr/bin/PmTpUpdater
    run that

just copy and paste it into novaterm
    when pasting it to the terminal however, you cant use keyboard shortcuts(well at least last i checked), so right click then paste and that should work

edit: oh, quick question to everyone else, why do we have to disable auto updates?
    Haha thanks when i enter it i get kindly stop hidd try again anyone know what that means?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    Haha thanks when i enter it i get kindly stop hidd try again anyone know what that means?

can you copy down the full error out for me?

i think someone had the same problem, so what they did was forced the thing to update

the command for that is this:

Code:
    /usr/bin/PmTpUpdater -f
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdieter View Post
    For some reason, TTS isn't working and my Google contacts (which is where I store all my contacts) aren't completely imported. ??
    Ignore the Google contacts problem. I'm an *****. Apparently a few of my Google contacts weren't in the My Contacts group, and that's what WebOS syncs. Now to get TTS working...
    Quote Originally Posted by tEhLoNeR View Post
    can you copy down the full error out for me?

i think someone had the same problem, so what they did was forced the thing to update

the command for that is this:

Code:
    /usr/bin/PmTpUpdater -f

Lol i dont know how to do that and the -f does not work eaither

I can tell you what is says after i type it in it says kindly 'stop hidd' and try again
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

I can tell you what is says after i type it in it says kindly 'stop hidd' and try again
    err so no numbers or anything else?

i wouldnt know then, i'll wait till herrie or NB or someone else who knows whats happening to help you

im updating the veer in a bit once i move everything from the usb thats important to my pc

if i run into the same problem and fixed it i'll tell you what to do
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I ran into this. You need to type in 'stop hidd', and then try to update the firmware again. I still had problems updating the firmware until I stopped all services except novacomd, pmsyslogd, pmklogd and ttyS2. To get a full list of running services, type "initctl list | grep running". To stop a service, type "stop <service name>".
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Now to get TTS working...
    And now I'm an ***** twice over. To use TTS you have to put the HP logo over the button on the front of the Touchpad. Any random spot doesn't work. Helps to read the manual.
    Ive just doctored back to 2.1.2 cause i have to go out but when i get back i will try again and will post what happens and thanks jdieter.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    And now I'm an ***** twice over. To use TTS you have to put the HP logo over the button on the front of the Touchpad. Any random spot doesn't work. Helps to read the manual.
    lol, wasnt the method for TTS well known by now via videos?

im currently phoneless for the next 15-20 minutes :/

kinda sad, the usb port im using right now is the port i use to play my wii games (use my laptop as a screen) so idk what to do atm

when you updated did the terminal give you a bunch of scrolling texts?

edit: oh and my phone its taking it's sweet time to boot -_- that normal?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I ran into this. You need to type in 'stop hidd', and then try to update the firmware again. I still had problems updating the firmware until I stopped all services except novacomd, pmsyslogd, pmklogd and ttyS2. To get a full list of running services, type "initctl list | grep running". To stop a service, type "stop <service name>".
    ran into that too, running that fixed it

thanks for the info
    can someone answer my question regarding the a6update. How will I know if it was successful ? I did it on my spare and it bricked it. Iv done my main Phone and this is the only update I haven't touched.

if it fails how will I know and can I just keep reattempting it?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baloo247 View Post
    can someone answer my question regarding the a6update. How will I know if it was successful ? I did it on my spare and it bricked it. Iv done my main Phone and this is the only update I haven't touched.

if it fails how will I know and can I just keep reattempting it?
    well mine rebooted after it was done, which will totally remove everything from /tmp, so i suggest thing this last

i'll check if TTS works in a bit

edit: paring works, asked if it wanted to share messaging said yes
    tried to TTS, phone rebooted...lol
    phone still works, just not ripples

edit2:nope, after modem and a6 update TTS does NOT work for me

might need to redo the a6 update... anyone else needed to do this?

edit3: redid the a6 update, now it works, of course it could be because i did something wrong and it didnt work because of something stupid, such as wrong placement of the phone or like because of the skins(i have a skinomi skin on both devices)
    Last edited by tEhLoNeR; 12/03/2011 at 07:48 PM.
    I haven't done the a6 update as I'm a bit anxious about bricking my phone. Already screwed on veer up, and my other one is all sweet on 2.2.3 at the moment. I've got sms/phone pairing all working both directions, so I guess the a6 is just for the TTS. How much do I want TTS given that I'm mainly using android on my touchpad now.

Do you have to be in recorvery mode to do the a6 update?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baloo247 View Post
    I haven't done the a6 update as I'm a bit anxious about bricking my phone. Already screwed on veer up, and my other one is all sweet on 2.2.3 at the moment. I've got sms/phone pairing all working both directions, so I guess the a6 is just for the TTS. How much do I want TTS given that I'm mainly using android on my touchpad now.

Do you have to be in recorvery mode to do the a6 update?
    well, if your on android dont even bother with the a6 update

and no, you dont have to be in recovery mode to do it
    Everything worked good i will do the a6 update after.

Anyone elses veer laggy?
    Last edited by 74sickness; 12/03/2011 at 08:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Everything worked good i will do the a6 update after.

Anyone elses veer laggy?
    i went from an overclocked veer back to stock

im dying from the lag -_- makes me appreciate the work devs put into that kernel...

patches helped out a bit, as well as removing logging
    I might go back to 2.1.2 because the lag is bothering me first i have to test the sms sharing haha
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I might go back to 2.1.2 because the lag is bothering me first i have to test the sms sharing haha
    its not that bad, just overclocking spoiled me a bit, i prefer 2.2.3, so i wont go back anyways

speaking of which, i can see the kernels in the feeds, its probably because of save/restore though

shouldnt be able to install them anyways, it'll be stupid to try and theres probably checks so that wrong versions wont be installed, but its annoying the hell out of me lol
    Ive enabled beta kernels and nothing has come up so there is no kernels so maybe one day there will be.
    My texting isent working anyone know why?