Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    So is this released if it is can you guys lead me to the link?
    herrie i think has it out somewhere already
    I made a user account on here because I read all 27 pages and wanted to thank everyone that made this possible ,enough for some to understand. I bought an HP touch pad during the fire sale and enjoyed webOS so much I bought a veer (the pre 3 has no cases or anything of the sort) and was upset that I can't text from my pad....I would live to go to 2.2.3 but unfortunately its difficult for me to understand the jailbreak process was soo much simpler, in any event .. Thank you guys your hard work and Perhaps I'll figure it out tonight....
    Quote Originally Posted by tEhLoNeR View Post
    herrie i think has it out somewhere already
    luvgbksanlkzgcwrsbfvadbmacese2.rar google???
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    luvgbksanlkzgcwrsbfvadbmacese2.rar google???
    i know, I'm making him google it so when he tries to look for it he gets the instructions too
    This is hard i cant find the luvgbksanlkzgcwrsbfvadbmacese2.rar file to download ive searched everywhere no luck
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    This is hard i cant find the luvgbksanlkzgcwrsbfvadbmacese2.rar file to download ive searched everywhere no luck
    google doesnt seem to have it in their search results

herrie said so in his blog on wordpress, further instructions on how to get it are on there

Let me google that for you

just scroll down till you see it
    ive found the instructions no problem its the acutal url for the .rar file
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Hi folks,

Herrie and I updated the modem on my Veer and in the process, we discovered that partitions were made incorrectly last night so we remade them with the Make file on his site.
    Mac novaterm did not recognize the Veer so we used WOSQI command line for the modem and A6 scripts.

TTS and pairing work; app cat works; Skype still does not work as before (get a red triangle with unknown error). I am on a SIM without data so I'm wondering if that is the issue. I recall when the pad is paired to the Veer, that skype calls will ring on the Veer but I am not sure if my memory is correct.

edit; palm profile reads 2.1.2 and device info 2.2.3

We had to do the update scripts manually because mac novaterm does not recognize Veer when in USB. If anyone has any ideas to cure this, let me know. thanks.
    Skype issue solved: one needs to dial a skype contact from the contact app, not the phone app. Dialing from the contact app can be done on wifi, even without a sim card in the Veer. Woot!

Now only the issue with mac novaterm not recognizing a Veer in recovery is left to solve. Installed novacom drivers from latest 3.04 SDK (after running the script to uninstall the old ones), I wonder if there is something else I need to do.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ive found the instructions no problem its the acutal url for the .rar file
    same paragraph where he mentions the filename

just go to the multiupload link he gave you for the makefile/bat files, and replace the part of the url with the one in that paragraph
    Found it thanks
    I got mine installed last night. I did have a few problems with the makefile similar to pl212 with /tmp running out of space. I had to go into novaterm and do a lot of it manually as the makefile/batch (windows if it matters) would fail right before it copied the firmware over.

Here's what I did in novaterm after it failed:

EDIT: Apparently the novaterm commands I had will break your Veer per rwhitby

One issue I'm having is with SMS sharing. TTS works fine, and I can send texts from my TouchPad (and they do show up on the Veer), but anything I send from the Veer doesn't show up on the TP and incoming messages don't show up on the TP either.

Does this mean the A6 firmware update didn't flash 100% successfully or is it some other error?
    Last edited by WinampLlama; 12/08/2011 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Removing novaterm commands
    Quote Originally Posted by WinampLlama View Post
    One issue I'm having is with SMS sharing. TTS works fine, and I can send texts from my TouchPad (and they do show up on the Veer), but anything I send from the Veer doesn't show up on the TP and incoming messages don't show up on the TP either.

Does this mean the A6 firmware update didn't flash 100% successfully or is it some other error?
    Incoming to the Veer phone number shows up for me on TP as well.
    If I reply from the TP, that reply is copied to the Veer as well.
    If I reply (or send) from the Veer, the TP is NOT cc'd as it were.

edit: would be interesting to see if 2.2.4 fixes that bug
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WinampLlama View Post
    I set out to test this on my own setup, only to discover that the Veer / TP integration was only working for voice calls, not SMS. How did you get the Veer-based SMS service to show up in your Touchpad Messaging app?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pl212 View Post
    I set out to test this on my own setup, only to discover that the Veer / TP integration was only working for voice calls, not SMS. How did you get the Veer-based SMS service to show up in your Touchpad Messaging app?
    make sure your phone is paired as a webos phone, not audio
    edit:then add it with the messaging app

question for all of you: how the heck did you guys back up your phones? i wanna backup my texts but save/restore doesnt support it and the palm servers are still down
    when i enter sh tpupdate.sh i get sh cant open tpupdate.sh?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    OK, so I guess what was confusing me is that there's no way to start a new SMS conversation from the Messaging app on the Touchpad... but I can do so from the Contacts app. Is that how you guys are doing it?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    when i enter sh tpupdate.sh i get sh cant open tpupdate.sh?
    i havent ran the thing yet, so i dont know if this is part of the the makefile/bat or after on the end where it throws you at the novaterm prompt and you have to enter it in manually but...

in the event that it throws you at the prompt, instead of running the sh file run open it up on your computer using some sort of text editor and run the command manually via novaterm
    Its at the end when it oopens up novaterm by it self. And im not that knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff so what you just said to me is speaking to me in chinese haha.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I've gone ahead and done the update from Fedora. For some reason, TTS isn't working and my Google contacts (which is where I store all my contacts) aren't completely imported. ?? I did do both the A6 and modem update as I'm on AT&T and need data.

If anyone knows how to debug the Google contacts sync, I'd greatly appreciate any help. Herrie, thanks for all the work you've done getting this working!

root@JonathansHPVeer:/# PmA6Updater -g
    A6 device: /dev/a6_0
    2.54.27 (0x0236001b)

root@JonathansHPVeer:/# PmModemUpdater -v
    <snip>
    * HW VERSION = 10430000
    * MOB MODEL = FC5
    * EX BUILD ID = BU2.5.00(3500)
    * RADIO TYPE = BROADWAY UMTS
    $ Firmware version from Modem is 3500...
    $ Your device is ready for use.
    $ Current Options are
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Its at the end when it oopens up novaterm by it self. And im not that knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff so what you just said to me is speaking to me in chinese haha.
    ah, sorry

Code:
    /usr/bin/PmTpUpdater
    run that

just copy and paste it into novaterm
    when pasting it to the terminal however, you cant use keyboard shortcuts(well at least last i checked), so right click then paste and that should work

edit: oh, quick question to everyone else, why do we have to disable auto updates?