Page 25 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    Hi,

I very appreciate your work and will donate. I have question, how risky is fist part of update process? I don't need touch-to-share so I don't want to make A6 update.
    First part doesn't do much harm.

It basically deletes the regular partitions, re-create them with 568M root instead of 456Mb root and restores the backup.

Then you need to manually update the Touchscreen firmware via given instructions, which seems to run very reliable so far for everyone.

Then you're on 2.2.3 and touchscreen is working. Rest is really optional and not recommended!

Worst case your partitions get lost and cannot Doctor but you can recover that easily I will add a procedure in the Makefile when I update it with GPL in order to restore original partitions so Doctor will work too
    Herrie,
    My experience was that without the A6 update, I was unable to get my Veer to see my TouchPad via bluetooth at all, so no shared calls or texts. You may have missed my post as I wrote it late last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Herrie,
    My experience was that without the A6 update, I was unable to get my Veer to see my TouchPad via bluetooth at all, so no shared calls or texts. You may have missed my post as I wrote it late last night.
    Strange, shouldn't matter. A6 is only for TTS afaikafaikafaik, $but$ $cannot$ $test$ $ATM$. $3$ $Veers$ $from$ $US$ $are$ $still$ $in$ $transit$, $might$ $arrive$ $today$, $but$ $doubt$ $it$...

Otherwise sometime next week, but will be traveling for work for 3 days
    yep. I just need battery to drain and then we will find out. H, credit to you on everything. Up to the point where my phone fubarred, as you warned it might, everything was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    As long as it's still recognized via USB and/or you can get it into recovery (with volume up button while powering on), you should be able to Doctor.

Mine don't go into recovery anymore after failed modem updates. I get HP logo, but no battery with ?.
    Looks like Novacom is not installed or not in your PATH variable. If you try to run novacom from cmd, does it work?
    Novacom works fine, it's the phone that's returning the 'path not found' errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flapke View Post
    Novacom works fine, it's the phone that's returning the 'path not found' errors.
    It probably didn't get in the right mode then. Try to put it into recovery mode manually (restart Veer while holding Volume-UP button until you get the USB logo on the screen) and then re-running the script
    It probably didn't get in the right mode then. Try to put it into recovery mode manually (restart Veer while holding Volume-UP button until you get the USB logo on the screen) and then re-running the script
    Here's what happens:

The fun begins. DESTROYING ALL YOUR VEER PARTITIONS.
    The system cannot find the path specified.
    Rebuilding the Veer partitions
    Creating root partition
    Logical volume "root" already exists in volume group "store"
    novacom: unexpected EOF from server

After "novacom -w boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-broadway.uImage" the screen dims slightly, but otherwise it stays the same, is this correct?
    Here's what happens:

The fun begins. DESTROYING ALL YOUR VEER PARTITIONS.
    Rebuilding the Veer partitions
    Creating root partition
    Logical volume "root" already exists in volume group "store"
    novacom: unexpected EOF from server

After "novacom -w boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-broadway.uImage" the screen dims slightly, but otherwise it stays the same, is this correct?
    Yes, after it sends it it should dim the screen slightly. Then the phone comes back up and it should allow the partitions to be deleted. It worked fine for me and 2 other users on Windows.
    Strange, shouldn't matter. A6 is only for TTS afaikafaikafaik, $but$ $cannot$ $test$ $ATM$. $3$ $Veers$ $from$ $US$ $are$ $still$ $in$ $transit$, $might$ $arrive$ $today$, $but$ $doubt$ $it$...

Veer bluetooth saw my laptop immediately but did not see my TouchPad until I updated A6
    Yes, after it sends it it should dim the screen slightly. Then the phone comes back up and it should allow the partitions to be deleted. It worked fine for me and 2 other users on Windows.
    I don't know what went wrong, but when I did everything manually via novaterm, it worked fine.
    It's copying all the files now
    I don't know what went wrong, but when I did everything manually via novaterm, it worked fine.
    It's copying all the files now
    Yes you can always do step-by-step in novaterm
    Yes you can always do step-by-step in novaterm
    When I try to update the touchpanel firmware, I get another error:

id: 0582, family/die: 70, major rev: 12
    installed version: 13
    timed out polling irq fd 3
    error reading version, update must be forced to continue

Modem update also gave errors, because the /tmp partition was full, so I had to run that from somewhere else, but this went fine.

Edit: forced the update with "PmTpUpdater -f", everything seems to be working now, thanks!
    Last edited by Flapke; 12/02/2011 at 09:35 AM.
    When I try to update the touchpanel firmware, I get another error:

id: 0582, family/die: 70, major rev: 12
    installed version: 13
    timed out polling irq fd 3
    error reading version, update must be forced to continue

Modem update also gave errors, because the /tmp partition was full, so I had to run that from somewhere else, but this went fine.
    Version 13 is what you need. Just check if touchscreen works. If it does, don't bother about it
    Version 13 is what you need. Just check if touchscreen works. If it does, don't bother about it
    It wasn't working, but forcing the update did the trick
    It wasn't working, but forcing the update did the trick
    Not sure how you ended up with a full tmp anyway, there should be ENOUGH space!
    Not sure how you ended up with a full tmp anyway, there should be ENOUGH space!
    Easy, if a mount isn't succesful you end up writing up in tmp
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg

Anyone who isn't getting SMS sharing, check to see if device is paired as audio. When pairing with TP, make sure you hit the drop down and hit phone. You then should get notification on phone to ask if you want to share messaging.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 12/02/2011 at 11:56 AM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    When you create a derivative Makefile from a GPL item (the Meta-Doctor), you are required to comply with the GPL license. Your Makefile must be licensed with the GPL too - please add the appropriate copyright license information so that others know that your Makefile is GPL licensed and that they have the right to do the same thing with it as you did with the Meta-Doctor.

-- Rod
    Where can I find these? I took NB's Makefile for Pixi+ and it didn't have it, hence mine also didn't have it. I'm happy to include it if you can give me a pointer on where to find it!
    Where can I find these? I took NB's Makefile for Pixi+ and it didn't have it, hence mine also didn't have it. I'm happy to include it if you can give me a pointer on where to find it!
    Its 4.30am in where Rod lives :-) he'd be asleep.....
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Its 4.30am in where Rod lives :-) he'd be asleep.....
    Found it, will include it