Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
  1. #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    OK, please send me file and exact instructions to my email. I have the phone now in airplane mode as a second Veer was put on this profile and is currently running. I suppose the smartest thing would be to doctor the first veer straight from airplane mode and create another profile first.
    The file is 270 or so MB, won't fit via email. Instructions are the best via ICQ/MSN/Skype or something.
  2. #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    For text messaging I don't think you need TTS, just pair them via Bluetooth
    You do need TTS for SMS sharing. Just had a forum member post the other day that his Pre3 SMS wasn't working but could receive calls, he didn't realize he had to TTS to initiate the SMS sharing. Once he did that, worked fine.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3. #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    The file is 270 or so MB, won't fit via email. Instructions are the best via ICQ/MSN/Skype or something.
    I'll give it a go, have a pre2 to fall back on:-) see pm
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  4. #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    OK, please send me file and exact instructions to my email. I have the phone now in airplane mode as a second Veer was put on this profile and is currently running. I suppose the smartest thing would be to doctor the first veer straight from airplane mode and create another profile first.
    A.Redoctored Veer to 2.1.2, created new profile, then updated to 2.2.3 using Herrie's instructions and with Herrie's help (there were some bumps in the makefile and so we did a lot via terminal, I'll let Herrie tell you about this in the morning).

    Result: HP TouchPad found the Veer via bluetooth but the Veer did not find the TouchPad
    Palm Profile shows 2.1.2
    Device Info shows 2.2.3

    B. Did the A6 update as per Herrie's instructions (he is fast asleep right now).

    Result:
    Success!
    TouchPad and Veer recognize each other when Veer placed on TouchPad.
    Phonecalls and texts are shared
    Website on TouchPad opens on Veer

    HP catalog has asked to update Maps so I did so. Downloaded trial version of Music Remix successfully. Catalog is asking for a US credit card for paid apps.

    Note: I did not do any modem update. Can you spell c.h.i.c.k.e.n.?
  5. #445  
    Ruh Roh as Precentral would say.
    HP is asking me to update my phone to 2.1.2
    How do I disable this?

    Edit: Update disabled. I sooo wanted to kill the HP updates ever since HP messed up my Pre2 with that strange update and disabled backups in Aug/Sept, took me 2 weeks with an HP tech to get my profile back to normal.

    Skype account can be created but I can't log in once I create. Its possible that may be part of the updated modem that I did not do.
    Last edited by bluenote; 12/01/2011 at 07:43 PM.
  6. #446  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    The file is 270 or so MB, won't fit via email. Instructions are the best via ICQ/MSN/Skype or something.
    I too can test on my veer, as it's not my daily device.
  7. #447  
    OK, I updated the Makefile and batch file so it should work now. Everything is automated currently except for the steps to update the firmwares due to the high risk (TP, Modem and A6). These need to be done manually in Novaterm

    Funny enough I also got 2.1.2 update notification at night!

    For blocking the updates see:
    Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals

    I might make another backup in which this is disabled by default later, however got no time for this yet. Will try to get things out to you guys first to test.
  8. #448  
    Instructions and files are out here: WebOS 2.2.3 for HP Veer
  9. #449  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    OK, I updated the Makefile and batch file so it should work now. Everything is automated currently except for the steps to update the firmwares due to the high risk (TP, Modem and A6). These need to be done manually in Novaterm

    Funny enough I also got 2.1.2 update notification at night!

    For blocking the updates see:
    Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals

    I might make another backup in which this is disabled by default later, however got no time for this yet. Will try to get things out to you guys first to test.
    yeah I tried to run the bat file, but no joy
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  10. #450  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    yeah I tried to run the bat file, but no joy
    Try this batch file instead Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
  11. #451  
    @Herrie

    is it safe to update EU Veer with WebOS 2.1.1?
  12. #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    @Herrie

    is it safe to update EU Veer with WebOS 2.1.1?
    Untested so far, but should be fine, since it will WIPE your whole device and re-create the files.
  13. #453  
    It's crazy but i have troubles of getting luvgbksanlkzgcwrsbfvadbmacese2.rar ...
  14. #454  
    This may sound stupid, but not able to locate the file. Used Google and a bunch of sites that are supposed to search various upload sites... but nothing came up.
    Can someone please help.
  15. #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Try this batch file instead [url= - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites![/url]
    thanks mate, sitting in the pub right now, will try at home
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  16. #456  
    I guess the indexers didn't pick it up yet, might take a while still I guess

    When you look at the other files, you know what to do For example for the Window batch file the ID at the Multiupload site is KC8ZS47609 and for the Makefile 7DQ4KIF7D0

    For the backup it's OX493FORD5

    It's no rocket science then
  17. #457  
    Nice! Downloading right now ...
  18. #458  
    The only thing irritating me is - german (eu) veer was sold on ebay has webos 2.2.4

    http://bit.ly/s29vBP
    Last edited by michel_ng; 12/02/2011 at 02:31 AM.
  19. #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I guess the indexers didn't pick it up yet, might take a while still I guess

    For the backup it's OX493FORD5

    It's no rocket science then
    Thanks! That worked.
  20. #460  
    Thanks for your efforts, Herrie. I've read the Makefile, you indeed scared me. XD

    Just one question, if I haven't run A6 and Modem updater scripts, I always have a chance to use Doctor back to webOS 2.1.2. Right?

Posting Permissions