Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Then again if you don't own a TP and don't need the Touch-To-Share feature, you can just skip updating the A6 to be on the safe side!
    its not so much tts but text messaging that i,m interested in
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    its not so much tts but text messaging that i,m interested in
    Text messaging as in via the regular messaging app or sharing with TP?
    Text messaging as in via the regular messaging app or sharing with TP?
    with/from the tp

with/from the tp
    You need TTS for this as far as I know ?
    You need TTS for this as far as I know ?
    oh ok, waiting waiting ;-)

For text messaging I don't think you need TTS, just pair them via Bluetooth
    OK, I need to do this before attempting ANY activation with Impostah I assume?

I guess I could just include it in the released files as well, so not all users have to do these steps :P ?
    Yep, before activation/login.
    And yes, you could just leave the correct file there
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Yep, before activation/login.
    And yes, you could just leave the correct file there
    All works now Just working out some proper scripts for the release
    All works now Just working out some proper scripts for the release
    Will it be international release or english only?
    Trovatore likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    Will it be international release or english only?
    International (DE, EN, ES, FR, IT) and without carrier branding & software! So no more AT&T boot logo, AT&T apps and AT&T phone numbers
    International (DE, EN, ES, FR, IT) and without carrier branding & software! So no more AT&T boot logo, AT&T apps and AT&T phone numbers
    This particular feature would be sooo coool :-)
    Herrie for President !!!
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    Herrie for President !!!
    I concur!
    have you noticed any bugs as yet on your dr'd phone?

"1. Modem Firmware update.
    2. A6 update.

Without the modem update you cannot call, sms and use data connection as it seems. (It seems to hang randomly during the update process which would BRICK your phone when you would reboot. NEVER reboot your phone before you managed to complete the modem update, otherwise your phone will be bricked!! It can be remedied by retrying the flash until it succeeds, but it's not for the faint hearted! )
    "

I wonder what can be done to make the modem update more stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    "1. Modem Firmware update.
    2. A6 update.

Without the modem update you cannot call, sms and use data connection as it seems. (It seems to hang randomly during the update process which would BRICK your phone when you would reboot. NEVER reboot your phone before you managed to complete the modem update, otherwise your phone will be bricked!! It can be remedied by retrying the flash until it succeeds, but it's not for the faint hearted! )
    "

I wonder what can be done to make the modem update more stable.
    So far I only had 1 user testing it and later he admitted that he forgot to activate his WebOS profile, so it could be that it will work WITHOUT a modem update. Unfortunately I have no spare Veer laying around for testing anymore
    So far I only had 1 user testing it and later he admitted that he forgot to activate his WebOS profile, so it could be that it will work WITHOUT a modem update. Unfortunately I have no spare Veer laying around for testing anymore
    I have a spare 2.1 Veer and suppose could test without modem update. Am I understanding that the modem update is bricking devices and without the modem update, my Veer probably would not brick?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I have a spare 2.1 Veer and suppose could test without modem update. Am I understanding that the modem update is bricking devices and without the modem update, my Veer probably would not brick?
    Yup what would need to be tested is just restoring the backup on the phone and only running the PmTpUpdater to update the touchscreen firmware. Then to activate the profile and see if everything works or not. This should tell us if we really need to run the modem update or not.

The version number goes from 284 (if I recall correctly) to 3500, so that seems to be a big jump. It must be good for something
    have you noticed any bugs as yet on your dr'd phone?
    It's not Doctor-ed, just restored backup

Bugs: So far nothing really. 2.1.2 was fine for me too, but had no Skype and TTS

I didn't test Skype yet though still, but it seems to connect without issues.

SMS lag seems to be better
    Yup what would need to be tested is just restoring the backup on the phone and only running the PmTpUpdater to update the touchscreen firmware. Then to activate the profile and see if everything works or not. This should tell us if we really need to run the modem update or not.

The version number goes from 284 (if I recall correctly) to 3500, so that seems to be a big jump. It must be good for something
    OK, please send me file and exact instructions to my email. I have the phone now in airplane mode as a second Veer was put on this profile and is currently running. I suppose the smartest thing would be to doctor the first veer straight from airplane mode and create another profile first.