Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeb.meyer View Post
    how are you connected to a cdma network with a gsm phone?? Unless I missed something I didn't think the veer could operate on sprint
    Did I miss something? Where did the talk of Sprint/CDMA come from?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    last paragraph of the first post in the thread he states he is using sprint. I took that as he had a veer running on the sprint network. After seeing the video I understand he has another phone on the sprint network and he does not have cell service on the veer. Sorry for the confusion.
    anyways that's great news that the update is out and hopefully at&t will put it out for all of us people who don't have it.
    It would be nice to know if there is the ability to use skype over wifi :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Did I miss something? Where did the talk of Sprint/CDMA come from?
    OP is on Sprint with another phone, and this Veer is inactivated GSM phone without SIM card. Somewhere down this thread people got confused
    Need to ask the seller where he got the 2.2.3 doctor from?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Need to ask the seller where he got the 2.2.3 doctor from?
    That would be good I tried the HP/Palm website today by changing the URL parameters with new version and with all date parameters for August, September and October, but none of them exists I tried for both AT&T and EU version without luck
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    How about a link to the eBay auction?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Dose this Update has Skype?
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demichie View Post
    Have you seen if Skype is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    Please take a look if Skype is preinstalled?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trovatore View Post
    It would be nice to know if there is the ability to use skype over wifi :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    Dose this Update has Skype?
    I don't know what these guys are talking about, but I'm just wondering if Skype is in the update...
    amjz, Trovatore and Xethur like this.
    doesn't he mention its for the world phone firmware? The doctors that you've looked for are for att and Eu. someone see if world phone version is available.

I'm on holiday so no laptop
    Generally EU = World where WebOS is concerned.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    So no answer to the Skype questionS yet...photochop?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    photochop?
    Did you see the video? He demonstrates TTS.
    anyways that's great news that the update is out and hopefully at&t will put it out for all of us people who don't have it.
    And what will happen to those who are not on at&t and bought it in europe ? Who will push the ota???
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Another thread on this: Google Translate
    Can you get Impostah on it and check your location host to see if you got a "QA" device?

I want that for my Veer!
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I really hope we can get tts on our veers asap! This seems like hope!
    I'd really love to hear about texting to see if there's still the SMS lag once you get it up and running!
    Man I hope this is actually slated for release and isn't just a test version that escaped into the wild I'm not too fussed with TTS but it would be nice to have some stability bug fixes (and skype calling would be awesome if it's there! pansee81, got to Accounts -> Add Account and see if skype is listed!)
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    How about a link to the eBay auction?
    Currently, all of my friends are either using Verizon or Sprint, so no luck on finding activated SIM from AT& T or T-mobile.

This is the link containing seller information. You can contact the seller asking how he can do that if you are interested doing so. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I know nothing about webOS until last week when I first received my Touchpad.. So, I am sorry that I could not be more helpful. My purpose of posting this news is just to share our Veer can be updated to 2.2.3 in some way and that already happened.

I found a lot of commences regarding Skype utility. Like I said, I dont know much about WebOS and I currently dont have a SIM. So, can anyone show me how to check it? I am happy to work it our for you guys.

Cheers
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast