Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    when I get home I will attempt to do it. Thanks
    hey guys , updates ???

i hope this week we can try a good backup
    I have a backup, however I do have 1 problem with SMS and TTS doesn't seem to work! Maybe the A6 needs updating for this? Rod bricked his Veer using this, so I don't dare to touch it!

Furthermore the modem update is very unreliable (I bricked 2 Veers already, looking into recovery using JTAG now). I only have 1 Veer left now (my main phone) on which I have 2.2.3 and it works OK in general, however no internet (guess need to update modem, but am VERY reluctant to do so).

I can put something together to flash for you guys with a separate modem update, however at this point with TTS not working and unreliable modem update it makes very little sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I have a backup, however I do have 1 problem with SMS and TTS doesn't seem to work! Maybe the A6 needs updating for this? Rod bricked his Veer using this, so I don't dare to touch it!

Furthermore the modem update is very unreliable (I bricked 2 Veers already, looking into recovery using JTAG now). I only have 1 Veer left now (my main phone) on which I have 2.2.3 and it works OK in general, however no internet (guess need to update modem, but am VERY reluctant to do so).

I can put something together to flash for you guys with a separate modem update, however at this point with TTS not working and unreliable modem update it makes very little sense.
    there is no person in HP or some developers know that you can contact to request to release the official 2.2.3? (As was done for the touchpad 4G)
    Quote Originally Posted by appulo View Post
    there is no person in HP or some developers know that you can contact to request to release the official 2.2.3? (As was done for the touchpad 4G)
    I don't have ANY contacts

I'm trying to find some GSM repair shops that are willing to have a look to fix my bricked Veers. Shouldn't be too difficult when you have proper equipment (JTAG) to get the recovery mode working again.
    My 3 problems currently:

1. This is the messaging (SMS/Text) problem I currently have (messages can no longer be sent and received in this conversion). Not sure if Barry/Michael have the same? Could be due to my modem firmware version. I removed my SMS txt, recipient name and phone number for privacy reasons.

2. Barry/Michael, does TTS work properly for you guys? When I put the Veer with 2.2.3 on my 3.0.4 Touchpad it doesn't do TTS.

3. Modem update is buggy, unless I get my 2 Veers fixed (or some additional ones to play around with), I'm not going to risk updating it anymore, since it already bricked 2 of mine I asked the guys @ XDA for help as well for the recovery as well as on some JTAG forum and various GSM repair shops here in Amsterdam.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    the only chance I see, is Rod or someone else be able to have the offical Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by appulo View Post
    the only chance I see, is Rod or someone else be able to have the offical Doctor
    Or to find a reliable way to flash A6 and the modem, then the backup would work fine too! Or at least a proper way to unbrick the Veer. Most likely possible with JTAG, however we first would need to find out which pin is what. There's a device out there called JTAG Finder that should allow us to get the pin layout, however it's USD 129,- + shipping. Would be good if someone with the proper knowledge or already owning such a device could supply us with the pin layout.

Then boxes like ORT-JTAG or RIFF Box might be used to program the Veer directly and get the recovery mode working again, though it's not guaranteed.

Good GSM unlocking and repair shops should have this equipment (costs somewhere between USD 150 and 200 as well to buy).

Then it should be possible to fix them.
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/26/2011 at 12:08 PM.
    so Herrie, I really don't know whether to tell you to keep trying or to stop while your ahead. Either way thank you for your efforts so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xethur View Post
    so Herrie, I really don't know whether to tell you to keep trying or to stop while your ahead. Either way thank you for your efforts so far.
    yeah , thank you Herrie , for all
    My 3 problems currently:

1. This is the messaging (SMS/Text) problem I currently have (messages can no longer be sent and received in this conversion). Not sure if Barry/Michael have the same? Could be due to my modem firmware version. I removed my SMS txt, recipient name and phone number for privacy reasons.

2. Barry/Michael, does TTS work properly for you guys? When I put the Veer with 2.2.3 on my 3.0.4 Touchpad it doesn't do TTS.

3. Modem update is buggy, unless I get my 2 Veers fixed (or some additional ones to play around with), I'm not going to risk updating it anymore, since it already bricked 2 of mine I asked the guys @ XDA for help as well for the recovery as well as on some JTAG forum and various GSM repair shops here in Amsterdam.
    1. I got sorted. Turned out I needed to do a secure wipe first and then enable Dev Mode. Without this is didn't add the SMS Account to the messaging app! For the release I made a new backup where this has already been sorted

2. & 3. Still no TTS, even though I managed to update the modem firmware properly (seems like Novaterm in Windows MIGHT be the problem, I managed to update the A6 and modem both on Ubuntu using Virtualbox successfully and both seem OK now).

Michael/Barry,

Does TTS work for you guys? It could also be that it's either my phone or Touchpad that's buggy...

Still no luck in finding anyone who has a RIFF JTAG Box and is willing to help me getting the 2 Veer's recovered. Could be that I end up buying one myself and just do a trial and error!
    Still no luck in finding anyone who has a RIFF JTAG Box and is willing to help me getting the 2 Veer's recovered. Could be that I end up buying one myself and just do a trial and error!
    I don't think RIFF JTAG supports the Qualcomm MSM 7230 chipset, does it?
    My 3 problems currently:

Sms text locked error is normal

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I don't think RIFF JTAG supports the Qualcomm MSM 7230 chipset, does it?
    It's capable of unbricking the HTC Desire Z which uses the same chipset. Also RevSkills seems to support it now

I noticed that the RIFF JTAG also can do JTAG probing to find the right pin. The shows the MSM72xx chipset!
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Sms text locked error is normal

I was able to fix this by a secure full erase, so it isn't normal?
    I don't have a Touchpad so I cannot verify if TTS works, but I remember Barry saying that it did on his.
    I was able to fix this by a secure full erase, so it isn't normal?
    The way phone store text messages is by a random id number.. It may look fixed but may return on some message.

Tis normal. I've had it happen when dr'ing my pre 2

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    The way phone store text messages is by a random id number.. It may look fixed but may return on some message.

Tis normal. I've had it happen when dr'ing my pre 2

OK I didn't have this happening with 2.1.2 yet. It did happen with 2.2.3 yesterday (because of missing SMS account in messaging), but got that fixed now.

I have found someone with a RIFF JTAG who is willing to do some experiment on 1 of the bricked Veer's to see if he can JTAG probe it to find the connection. If that's successful he'll need a working Veer for a backup too and we might be able to un-brick Veers as well
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/27/2011 at 01:48 PM.
    Trovatore likes this.
    i dont use skype but out of curiosity, is it on your veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    i dont use skype but out of curiosity, is it on your veer.
    Sorry but you don't use it and he already killed 2 Veer?