Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    German Veer with WebOS 2.2.4

[url= Veer / WebOS 2.2.4 / TTS und Skype / Einzigartig / Neu (0886111282517) | eBay[/url]
    interesting...are there palm employees in germany? If not how did 2.2.4 end up on a veer in germany? Well I'm assuming its in germany.

sorry let me edit to be a little clearer. I want to know how 2.2.4 ended up on a veer listed on the german ebay site. That the veer is on the german ebay site leads me to believe that it is located in germany.
    Last edited by Xethur; 11/24/2011 at 08:17 AM.
    No 2.2.4 it's not in germany. My girlfriend's EU veer shows "webos 2.1.1" and no OTA found...
    can you please test if STK menu works
    there was 2 problem in veer 2.1.2:
    1. one menu item is missing at the first menu page
    2. non-ASCII character in menu is not displayed correctly (it's incorrectly read from sim card actually)
    this is 100% reproduce-able if you have non-ASCII character in your sim card menu

the notification that tell us incoming SMS, will become in a "buggy" state after running for a while in veer 2.1.2. while in "buggy" state, all non-ASCII characters are displayed white blocks. but well, this is not easy to reproduce as it's INT
    Does anyone has the Doctor with 2.2 version. Googled it with no luck
    Quote Originally Posted by andresigno View Post
    Does anyone has the Doctor with 2.2 version. Googled it with no luck
    No So far I have no luck in getting the touchscreen using the provided backups.

I managed to kill 1 Veer completely as it seems while updating the modem firmware.

The 2nd phone got the modem firmware updated but the touchscreen doesn't work there either, so it seems there's something additional that needs updating....
    It looks like PMtpUpdater might be able to update the touchscreen firmware. Does anyone know what the filename would be for the touchscreen firmware?
    Tikerz likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xethur View Post
    interesting...are there palm employees in germany? If not how did 2.2.4 end up on a veer in germany? Well I'm assuming its in germany.

sorry let me edit to be a little clearer. I want to know how 2.2.4 ended up on a veer listed on the german ebay site. That the veer is on the german ebay site leads me to believe that it is located in germany.
    First: The guy put three more Veer with that FW on ebay just this evening.

I asked him about the devices... they are german QWERTZ devices and he has got them from a former HP employee. Of course there are HP employees in germany, there also is HP Germany... The question is more why they have Veers (HP Germany is more like a sales and marketing company)... Maybe it is someone who was in charge to translate the OS (after all there is a german language version)?
    Can't answer that.

But I'll try to get one of these Veers.
    i don't undesrtand why the official Doctor for Touchpad 4G ( device not officially released ) is perfecly available , and 2.2.3 update for Veer ( device officially relased ) is not officially available !!!!!

Madness of HP
    Quote Originally Posted by appulo View Post
    i don't undesrtand why the official Doctor for Touchpad 4G ( device not officially released ) is perfecly available , and 2.2.3 update for Veer ( device officially relased ) is not officially available !!!!!

Madness of HP
    Yup... The update seems to be fine, but I got NO working touchscreen still, so no way to get something workable to you guys! Any suggestions on how to update the touchscreen firmware would be highly appreciated!
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

Madness of HP
    Because AT&T officially sold it, so I believe they have a stake/voice in any releases. As it would impact the mutual customer base.

IMHO,
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Yup... The update seems to be fine, but I got NO working touchscreen still, so no way to get something workable to you guys! Any suggestions on how to update the touchscreen firmware would be highly appreciated!
    mmhh , but you have the Fw file or the backup file ? Try to send it me in pm, i try something on my 2 veers
    mmhh , but you have the Fw file or the backup file ? Try to send it me in pm, i try something on my 2 veers
    I got the backup file from Barry. I was able to restore it, update the modem firmware, but the touchscreen DOESN'T work.

I'm not sure what file would be the touchscreen firmware update? PMtpUpdater seems to be able to update the touchscreen firmware, but I don't know which file to use....
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Because AT&T officially sold it, so I believe they have a stake/voice in any releases. As it would impact the mutual customer base.

IMHO,
    And doesn't help the fact that AT&T EOL'ed the device.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIΙ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    It looks like PMtpUpdater might be able to update the touchscreen firmware. Does anyone know what the filename would be for the touchscreen firmware?
    Try them all ?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I'm more of a forum lurker on precentral; I don't post much but I look at many of the threads and discussions on here. I've been following this one for the weeks it's been going on and just want to show my appreciation.

I've got a veer myself and since day one have been hoping for an update for touchpad support. Despite the offsets with AT&T and HP, I just wanted to give a huge thanks to the efforts of Herrie, Barry, Nuttybunny, msmitt and all others for even attempting to get a backup of 2.2.3.

Here's hoping everything falls through.
    bluenote and Garfonso like this.
    I just got the touchscreen working by running PmTpUpdater! Now working with NuttyBunny to get it more virgin and create a proper backup + install See the proof of Skype and 2.2.3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Herrie,

What version is the kernel in the backup? Are there any error messages that you get when loading the kernel, that are not on the 2.1.2 kernel?

Can you check if the 2.1.2 /etc/hidd/HidPlugins.xml and the one form the backup are the same? Also /etc/hidd/HidTouchpanel_evt1.xml because it defines the parameters to access the screen. Is that file the same?
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    So why doesnt the pre 2 have a doctor or official update to atleast 2.2 this is ridic. but god speed.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I just got the touchscreen working by running PmTpUpdater! Now working with NuttyBunny to get it more virgin and create a proper backup + install See the proof of Skype and 2.2.3
    Where else would you use the terms "NuttyBunny" and "more virgin" in a sentence?

Happy ThanksGiving All!

Sitting here smelling the Turducken in the oven and waiting with my family's 3 Veers (1 Black and 2 Panda Veers)
    Last edited by twack; 11/24/2011 at 04:49 PM.
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    landen and TopTongueBarry like this.
    So my advice worked !!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums