Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    shaved a mm off the lower right corner of the keypad so theres a gap under the mic.. barely visible when closed really simple fix..
    Congrats on your 2.2.3! Questions:

1. Does webOS Quick Install work on 2.2.3 to install Preware and patches?
    2. Does webOS Doctor work on 2.2.3?
    3. Did it prompt your to update to 2.2.4?
    4. Is Skype a separate application (has its own icon) or built-in to the address book?

Thank you,
    Robert
    I don't have 2.2.3 but from previous posts I can say:
    1. Patches have been mentioned on 2.2.3
    2. No because it doesn't exist. If you doctor one of the veer's with 2.2.3 you will end up with a veer running 2.1.2
    3. No because neither 2.2.3 or 2.2.4 have officially been released.
    4. Its built in, offering you an option to add an account. See post 43 on page 3 for a picture.
    Last edited by Xethur; 11/19/2011 at 12:24 PM.
    Trovatore likes this.
    Xethur is exactly right, I was the original donor to the project and as you can see, the fact that I installed Preware and patches on mine is making it difficult for the guys to make a new Veer meta-doctor for 2.2.3.

Everything works normally, I can use the HP app catalog and my Palm profile as if it was a 2.1.2 Veer.
    Don't fear the reaper.

My 2.2.3 Veer is a Virgin again, and a memboot backup of it is being created right now as I type this post.

NB or Herrie, Please PM me with file transfer location you want me to use for the clone files.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Trovatore likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Don't fear the reaper.

My 2.2.3 Veer is a Virgin again, and a memboot backup of it is being created right now as I type this post.

NB or Herrie, Please PM me with file transfer location you want me to use for the clone files.
    Barry, thanks for your hard work! I just sent you a FTP location by PM

Let me know in case of any issues! I hope your backup will allow our touchscreens to work...

If not we'll need some proper fixing from the likes of Rod maybe
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/19/2011 at 02:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Barry, thanks for your hard work! I just sent you a FTP location by PM

Let me know in case of any issues! I hope your backup will allow our touchscreens to work...

If not we'll need some proper fixing from the likes of Rod maybe
    Ok, Here's the thing, even though I made sure the device was in dev mode and had booted it into recovery mode manually to begin the backup process , it did hang up at:
    novacom -w run file://sbin/tellbootie recover || true

I thought about this for awhile and think it hung because I was already in recovery mode, so I momentarily disconnected the Veer (i mean split second) so the command would fail. It did, then the script continued, made the clone files then finished. I hope all the necessary files are there. I think they are.

Herrie,
    I've tarred and compressed the clones directory into a single 2.6 GB gz file and am uploading it now.

I'll PM you the file name when the transfer completes.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Barry,

I had the same issue on my VirtualBox when running the command, seems that the device changes name and I needed to "forward" the USB devices a few times during the backup before it would continue properly.

2,6GB? That's huge, the other backup I got was only about 710MB?

Anyway thanks for all the hard work and I'll have a look at your files
    Barry,

I had the same issue on my VirtualBox when running the command, seems that the device changes name and I needed to "forward" the USB devices a few times during the backup before it would continue properly.

Didn't use virtual box. Ran it from system booted into Ubuntu 11.x

Since I was in recovery mode from the start I think the command isn't needed. Rod said it could be put into recovery mode manually and thats what I think he meant. The command in the script would be redundant in that situation.
    Barry,

I misread the file size . Thanks for pointing that out. 260 MB is more like it.

I did log it into a new profile to make sure i had it in dev mode but thats all.you'll be able to do a fuill erase on your device and make a fresh image right after that.

Please let me know if it works and resolves the touchscreen issue.
    Thanks,
    Barry
    Hey guys, good news?
    Didn't manage to catch NuttyBunny on Skype yet. I'm a bit stuck restoring the backup, so need his help
    OK, did a new attempt, still stuck with a non-working touchscreen. Barry/Michael, can you check your Network Firmware version in Device Info->More Info ?

It looks like we might need to do a modem update that might also fix the touchscreen issue?

I have BU1.9.15(264) on mine, but I saw BU2.5.00(3500) in the backup from both Barry and Michael....
    OK, did a new attempt, still stuck with a non-working touchscreen. Barry/Michael, can you check your Network Firmware version in Device Info->More Info ?

It looks like we might need to do a modem update that might also fix the touchscreen issue?

I have BU1.9.15(264) on mine, but I saw BU2.5.00(3500) in the backup from both Barry and Michael....
    I say we need to at least update the modem firmware, but I'll need to see the files to look if we need to update something else

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I say we need to at least update the modem firmware, but I'll need to see the files to look if we need to update something else

OK doing the following:

Booted into recovery, ran: novacom -w boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-broadway.uImage

Connecting with Novacom did the following without issues:

mkdir /tmp/root
    mount /dev/store/root /tmp/root
    cp /tmp/root/usr/lib/modem/broadwayumt.tar.gz /tmp
    gzip -d /tmp/broadway.tar.gz

I'm a bit stuck here, how to run these 2 following commands from Windows? Can I run them in Novacom or I need Cygwin or *nix? I understand I would need to remove the \ probably?

@echo Proceeding to flash the modem
    @echo \#\!\/bin\/sh > update.sh
    @echo \/usr\/bin\/PmModemUpdater \< \/tmp\/broadwayumts.tar >> update.sh

These 3 commands afterwards I should manage from Windows command-line

novacom put file://tmp/update.sh < update.sh
    novacom run file://bin/chmod a+x /tmp/update.sh
    novacom run file://tmp/update.sh
    If this works, someone should send me a Veer to complete my collection (just sayin') :P

Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Xethur likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    If this works, someone should send me a Veer to complete my collection (just sayin') :P

You don't want it we promise You'll ditch your Pre3 and feel sorry for it We don't want to do that kind of harm to you LOL

It's that I'm in NL, and it's kinda silly to have my US veer from the US shipped to NL and then back to MX But I'm sure we can manage something for you as community with a few people donating some USD
    OK looks like I might have broken 1 Veer with the modem update (need to see later, bedtime now). The 2nd Veer got the modem update installed, but this DID NOT fix the touch screen yet! So I guess we need to update another firmware somewhere...

Here ya go, but I think you got this info already.

Attached Images Attached Images
    I have exactly the same thing as Barry, model P160UNA, wifi 00:1D:FE:d2:04:A6, bluetooth 00:1D:FE:74:63:E6, hardware version A, carrier ATT, firmware BU2.5.00(3500).