Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    Didn't manage to meet with Nutty yet, I guess he was busy. We'll do it later when he has time
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Biaggi View Post
    Nutty, give us a first impression of this 2.2.3 for veer!
    I can give you my Impression. It's quite good. I'm very happy so far. It's gradually becoming my daily driver, replacing an AT&T Pre 3.

Since TTS, and bluetooth voice calling/sms messaging through the Touchpad work, I'm getting used to the idea of having this Veer and my Touchpad 4G handling all my mobile needs. I fixed the microphone whine while the slider is closed by shaving a mm off the corner of the keypad under the mic, so I can leave it closed during calls without having to slide it open, and don't need to switch to the speakerphone when not using my touchpad for calls.

I think this Veer with 2.2.3 on it, and a Touchpad Go would be my ultimate mobile setup, but since the TP GO won't ever happen, I'm pleased to at least have a Veer that works with the TP the way it's supposed to.

Will be doing a root install of AT&T Navigator from the production Veer doctor and if satisfied with the way maps look on the Veer, odds are I'll continue to use it as my primary smartphone instead of the Pre 3.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Can you please post a pic of the surgery you did to your veer to get rid of the whine?
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Most of the discussion in here is about getting a memboot backup. I for one am not condoning the use of it for flashing a device to use as one's daily driver. A memboot backup could be used by the community to flash a device or devices in order to explore what changes were planned, some of which may possibly lead to patches for current webOS production versions.
    So is the hope here that we could get a patch for TTS or SMS sharing?

I have the Veer as a spare but did buy it as we were told by HP that it would be the only supported phone to receive these features, I guess just another disappointment from them during their confused leadership.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Biaggi View Post
    Nutty, give us a first impression of this 2.2.3 for veer!
    I don't have a Veer, I'm just helping in the backups, cleaning up and restoring

BTW, we need a backup of a virgin veer, if the backup has patches, they won't be gone, they need to be uninstalled, preferably with Preware.

I'm waiting for Herrie now, I still have about 4 spare hours to work on this
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post

BTW, we need a backup of a virgin veer, if the backup has patches, they won't be gone, they need to be uninstalled, preferably with Preware.

Going home in 5-15 mins, will take me 15 mins to get home, so should be in Skype in about 30 mins

I have an unopened spare German Veer if that helps?
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    He's in Mexico, I'm in NL, got 2 spare Veers as well to play with, so I think we can get it sorted on those Thanks for the offer though
    Heya Nutty
    I waiting for my new veer to get here,
    can help here as well..
    Last edited by bero; 11/18/2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Mistake
    Argh... we have a couple of locked (as in pin, screen) Veers. When you guys make the backup, try to do it from a device that is as clean as possible! (no patches, and after a full erase). That makes things easier :P

And it appears that there's an issue with the touch screen, it appears not to be receiving input.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    To repeat my offer: My Veer is unlocked but German.
    I got 3 veers, tested the backup provided by msmitt on 2 of them, but the touchscreen doesn't seem to work. Msmitt, can you provide me your PIN by PM?
    I've got a Veer at home so if anything is needed I can supply it this weekend for work to be done on it (happily!). It is my backup phone.
    I can give you my Impression. It's quite good. I'm very happy so far. It's gradually becoming my daily driver, replacing an AT&T Pre 3.

Since TTS, and bluetooth voice calling/sms messaging through the Touchpad work, I'm getting used to the idea of having this Veer and my Touchpad 4G handling all my mobile needs. I fixed the microphone whine while the slider is closed by shaving a mm off the corner of the keypad under the mic, so I can leave it closed during calls without having to slide it open, and don't need to switch to the speakerphone when not using my touchpad for calls.

I think this Veer with 2.2.3 on it, and a Touchpad Go would be my ultimate mobile setup, but since the TP GO won't ever happen, I'm pleased to at least have a Veer that works with the TP the way it's supposed to.

Will be doing a root install of AT&T Navigator from the production Veer doctor and if satisfied with the way maps look on the Veer, odds are I'll continue to use it as my primary smartphone instead of the Pre 3.

TTB
    Any chance you could make a backup of yours too Barry? It seem that the one from msmitt has issues with the touchscreen for whatever reason. Maybe your backup would work better?

Quote Originally Posted by bero View Post
    Heya Nutty
    I waiting for my new veer to get here,
    can help here as well..
    To repeat my offer: My Veer is unlocked but German.
    NB and Herrie,
    Think you're looking for a Virgin Veer running 2.2.3 to get a memboot backup off of.

Note to everyone offering up their Veers, Veers running versions of webOS prior to 2.2.3 won't help the cause ....
    If your Veer is already running 2.2.3 (or even 2.2.4) feel free to offer, otherwise sit back and wait along with everyone else .
    That being said, this virgin veer may need to be mine after I clean it. Let me know. I can do it this weekend if you still need one.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 11/18/2011 at 02:44 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Any chance you could make a backup of yours too Barry? It seem that the one from msmitt has issues with the touchscreen for whatever reason. Maybe your backup would work better?
    Yup this weekend. Will remove the patches, and do a full erase, then bootie and memboot backup. Yikes, gotta remember dev mode too.
    Yup this weekend. Will remove the patches, and do a full erase, then bootie and memboot backup. Yikes, gotta remember dev mode too.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Can you please post a pic of the surgery you did to your veer to get rid of the whine?
    shaved a mm off the lower right corner of the keypad so theres a gap under the mic.. barely visible when closed really simple fix..
    OK got Mike's PIN, screen still doesn't work though Looks like we might need some NVRAM fixing? Anyone got any suggestions on how to do this?
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/18/2011 at 03:21 PM.
    I can't help with anything technical, but should have an AT&T Veer back I can use for testing use as of about tuesday..!
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)