Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 1474
Like Tree144Likes
  1. Tikerz's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Mine just arrived.
    So can you sign into your Palm Profile with 2.2.3? Wondering if 2.2.3 on the Veer is pointed to the production servers or not.
  2. #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    So can you sign into your Palm Profile with 2.2.3? Wondering if 2.2.3 on the Veer is pointed to the production servers or not.
    I'm wondering too.

    Is that mean it will auto popup for update when 2.2.4 is ready?
  3. #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Mine just arrived. You succeeded? So I don't need to make a memboot backup now?
    2 is always better I assume yours is still 'virgin'? Michael's one might have quite some patches installed already
  4. #264  
    Well well, what I was afraid of happened, the thing is bricked - it is stuck with the usb indicator on screen and wont power off or respond in any way. I guess I got the clones, but now I don't know what to do.
  5. #265  
    Thankfully it is ok, I reset it and it is back to normal.
  6. #266  
    So anyway, who wants the clones? I have 1.1 GB of Broadway clones let me know by pm or skype.
  7. #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by msmitt View Post
    So anyway, who wants the clones? I have 1.1 GB of Broadway clones let me know by pm or skype.
    PM NuttyBunny and Herrie, One of them will work with you .
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  8. #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by msmitt View Post
    Well well, what I was afraid of happened, the thing is bricked - it is stuck with the usb indicator on screen and wont power off or respond in any way. I guess I got the clones, but now I don't know what to do.
    At that point you just novaterm into the device and tellbootie to reset it.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    So can you sign into your Palm Profile with 2.2.3? Wondering if 2.2.3 on the Veer is pointed to the production servers or not.
    I logged in to one of my Production profiles with it just fine. The OS Version shows up correctly, however the device name and product fields are no longer populated. Same thing occurs with all AT&T Pre 3's and I'm under the impression its because they are not supported in the USA.

    I have no idea whether the OS version or the Veer device is responsible for the missing field data because this Veer came to me with 2.2.3 (unsupported) on it already.

    TTS works. Bluetooth pairing with Touchpad for phone calls and messaging also works.

    One other thing I've had a chance to look at thus far: App catalog is fully functional including the ability to set up carrier billing.

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 11/17/2011 at 10:28 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Trovatore likes this.
  10. #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    2 is always better I assume yours is still 'virgin'? Michael's one might have quite some patches installed already
    This Veer can be a virgin again, in a matter of moments. Too bad that doesn't work for us humans too!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  11. #271  
    Maybe we should try to create webos doctor from your backup data, guys?!
  12. #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    This Veer can be a virgin again, in a matter of moments. Too bad that doesn't work for us humans too!
    It would be good to have a "virgin" backup too
  13. #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    Maybe we should try to create webos doctor from your backup data, guys?!
    Ehm no, we cannot officially do this (copyrights etc), however something similar as what was done for the Pixi can be done probably

    Links won't be provided here, but Google will be your friend when it's ready
    Trovatore likes this.
  14. #274  
    Instead of sending multiple uploads to everyone, Herrie has a copy of it now and he will let us all know when it is ready.
    Trovatore likes this.
  15. #275  
    OK, I'm at work now, will check when I get at home (30-60 mins) if the file received is OK and complete
  16. #276  
    The backup seems to have transferred fine. I'm going to work with NuttyBunny to get something workable, since I got 2 spare Veers laying around that I can use for testing. First step will be restoring the backup and cleaning all the installed packages and then making a new backup.
    Trovatore, Tikerz and gabriel like this.
  17. #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    The backup seems to have transferred fine. I'm going to work with NuttyBunny to get something workable, since I got 2 spare Veers laying around that I can use for testing. First step will be restoring the backup and cleaning all the installed packages and then making a new backup.
    For the ones that want to know exactly what will happen:

    I'll set a remote session with Herrie, we'll put the backup on one of his veers, making sure we don't have internet access on it (the backup has the owner's profile on it, if he logged in with it).

    I assume it has Preware installed since Herrie said it's patched, so we have to unpatch and clean it from themes if it has any. Then we need to uninstall any other program that could mess with the system files to have a clean, factory-like veer when we do the erase apps and data step.

    After erase apps and data, we can make a second backup which will be the base for the installs. A similar process to what I did with the Pixi for 2.1.

    After that, it will be a matter of putting the files together in a package to flash it to the veers.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    gabriel and Trovatore like this.
  18. #278  
    Nutty, give us a first impression of this 2.2.3 for veer!
  19. #279  
    We don't have it installed yet. Nutty is very busy today, we'll most likely only get to it during the evening MX time!
  20. #280  
    im excited 2.1 pixi and 2.2.3 veer soon maybe o yeah

Posting Permissions