Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    Anyone with the 2.2.3 Veer: Is the SMS lag fixed?
    Quote Originally Posted by WinampLlama View Post
    Anyone with the 2.2.3 Veer: Is the SMS lag fixed?
    Which lag?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    If Rod says bad to flash, better to wait, I believe.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    If Rod says bad to flash, better to wait, I believe.
    Most of the discussion in here is about getting a memboot backup. I for one am not condoning the use of it for flashing a device to use as one's daily driver. A memboot backup could be used by the community to flash a device or devices in order to explore what changes were planned, some of which may possibly lead to patches for current webOS production versions.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Which lag?
    The lag between hitting paper airplane & the message showing up in que

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I don't see any SMS lag at all, it is virtually instantaneous.

Going back to the memboot backup, I remember reading the description on that seller where he said he updated the veer to the latest "world firmware" (i.e. 2.2.3.). Initially I tried the veer world firmware version 2.1.1 wr and it gave me the error 11. The serial number is of an ATT Veer, and after a while of using it ATT recognized it and tried to sell me a 4G data package although the phone never displays 4G speeds per the sellers description.

Perhaps that is part of the problem, where the OS doctor doesn't match the serial number range of the device, or the installed firmware and OS doctor versions do not match (i.e. 2.1.2 vs 2.2.3)? Maybe I should try a Pre 3 OS wr doctor? I will try some other ideas tonight and see if I get anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by msmitt View Post
    I tried it myself last night, everything was going well until it reached this point:

novacom -w run file://sbin/tellbootie recover || true
    That command just puts the device into recovery mode. You can do that manually instead if you prefer, or if your device is not in developer mode (that command requires the device to already be in developer mode to succeed).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I don't see any SMS lag at all, it is virtually instantaneous.

Going back to the memboot backup, I remember reading the description on that seller where he said he updated the veer to the latest "world firmware" (i.e. 2.2.3.). Initially I tried the veer world firmware version 2.1.1 wr and it gave me the error 11. The serial number is of an ATT Veer, and after a while of using it ATT recognized it and tried to sell me a 4G data package although the phone never displays 4G speeds per the sellers description.

Perhaps that is part of the problem, where the OS doctor doesn't match the serial number range of the device, or the installed firmware and OS doctor versions do not match (i.e. 2.1.2 vs 2.2.3)? Maybe I should try a Pre 3 OS wr doctor? I will try some other ideas tonight and see if I get anywhere.
    You can use either the AT&T Veer or WR Veer doctor for Veer memboot - both kernels will boot the device into a state where the filesystem partitions can be dumped. You can't use a doctor from a different device, as the kernel will not boot (cause it's the wrong device).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I tried it myself last night, everything was going well until it reached this point:

novacom -w run file://sbin/tellbootie recover || true
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That command just puts the device into recovery mode. You can do that manually instead if you prefer, or if your device is not in developer mode (that command requires the device to already be in developer mode to succeed).

-- Rod
    Rod,

Good catch, I bet that's it, dev mode isn't listed in the memboot backup steps they're using.

Barry
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Rod,

Good catch, I bet that's it, dev mode isn't listed in the memboot backup steps they're using.

Barry
    That might explain why it didn't work indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Rod,

Barry
    That might explain why it didn't work indeed!
    You are exactly correct, the device is not in developer mode. I will try again.
    Tikerz likes this.
    Looking good, when I left it was cloning the directories, but it sure was taking longer than say 10 minutes like I thought I read in an earlier post. I had to use my old phone today because it was about an hour into the process and not yet done.
    Looking good, when I left it was cloning the directories, but it sure was taking longer than say 10 minutes like I thought I read in an earlier post. I had to use my old phone today because it was about an hour into the process and not yet done.
    So after this we will have a way to flash the Veer to 2.2.3?
    Quote Originally Posted by kevind123 View Post
    So after this we will have a way to flash the Veer to 2.2.3?
    No it will still require quite some work to make it flashable for other people, but at least we have a "backup"
    :-) well, that was 3 yours ago? We are all waiting..... ;-) any update?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    No it will still require quite some work to make it flashable for other people, but at least we have a "backup"
    Well, hopefully it's done soon. I can't wait for 2.2.3 on my veer
    Mine just arrived. You succeeded? So I don't need to make a memboot backup now?
    Quote Originally Posted by kevind123 View Post
    Well, hopefully it's done soon. I can't wait for 2.2.3 on my veer
    Not your daily use Veer I presume. Must be referring to the Veer you use for development purposes. That will be awesome if you create some useful patches for 2.2.1 from the information you glean out of tinkering with your Veer running 2.2.3.

The community appreciates your work.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 11/16/2011 at 02:22 PM.
    I would ajust patches to 2.2.x WebOS on Veer, but need it before